Gun Zone Deals

Does anyone think the Mexico tariffs are a good idea???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Our 1973 VW Thing had "hecho en Mexico" under the frunk...

I haven’t seen a VW Thing in years. I had a ‘72 VW Super Beetle with a Baja kit. Only 4 wheeled vehicle I’ve ever owned that would float.

Actually, the only one I ever had the opportunity to see if it would float.
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I haven’t seen a VW Thing in years. I had a ‘72 VW Super Beetle with a Baja kit. Only 4 wheeled vehicle I’ve ever owned that would float.

Actually, the only one I ever had the opportunity to see if it would float.
    Not to say it wouldn't get wet inside, but the old beetles will float.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Mexico kept the Beatle and Things made of Beatles alive for years after the rest of the world moved on. They are progressive.

VW used to have an ad where they dropped a Bug into a swimming pool. Narrator said. This is to prove the Beatle will definitely float, however it will not float indefinitely.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Mexico kept the Beatle and Things made of Beatles alive for years after the rest of the world moved on. They are progressive.

VW used to have an ad where they dropped a Bug into a swimming pool. Narrator said. This is to prove the Beatle will definitely float, however it will not float indefinitely.
    In Las Vegas during the 70's my buddy had a jeep with a winch. During flash floods we would drive the roads that had ravines where we would pull people out for $20. We were just about done pulling out this one car when a VW floated by, but it was moving too fast for us to catch it.

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    Invade America.jpeg

Attachments

• Invade America.jpeg
      Invade America.jpeg
      67 KB · Views: 302

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    What a mess...

The polarization of this country is troubling. I never thought I would ever say such a thing but I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if a civil war occurs at some point in time in the future. I sure hope not, it would be the ruin of us all.

Last edited:

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    What a mess...

The polarization of this country is troubling. I never thought I would ever say such a thing but I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if a civil war occurs at some point in time in the future. I sure hope not, it would be the ruin of us all.
    A lot of us have been very concerned about this for a while because of a lot of things, not just immigration. I'm almost at the point where I think it's not a question of if, but when. Something is going to give - we can't continue as a country this way. I don't know what the trigger will be but I fear it's just matter of time before something breaks and sets it off.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    A lot of us have been very concerned about this for a while because of a lot of things, not just immigration. I'm almost at the point where I think it's not a question of if, but when. Something is going to give - we can't continue as a country this way. I don't know what the trigger will be but I fear it's just matter of time before something breaks and sets it off.

Didn’t take much to set those folks off in Ferguson, and the city, county and state couldn’t control the fallout. Imagine it happening nationwide.

Posse comitatus will go out the window if it happens. Justifiably so. What worries me is the affect it would have on the US and global economy.

Talking about such things is disturbing. The possibility of it more so. I’ve worked my ass off all my life to enjoy peace and quiet when I retire. The last thing people expect to worry about is their assets becoming worthless because our country became dysfunctional and imploded. That’s what will happen if citizens and elected officials don’t work together to solve these problems.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Take Mexico's immigration laws, translate into English and make them our immigration laws. Problem solved. Oh, prisons would be tents in Death Valley. Take your PC crap and put it where the sun doesn't shine.
    My dad was in a tent in Las Vegas training for WWII. If it was good enough our greatest generation, I should serve a bunch of illegal border jumpers just fine. Hell mix our homeless problem in with them. Look around the world & see what tent refugee camps look like!

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    What a mess...

We are already in a civil war, we just have not started shooting. Folks are using just about every method (SWATing, trying to get you fired for your 1A actions, doxxing, you name it), except shooting that is war to me.

91B10

HATES: Politicians and Rust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2015
    South Texas
    Like it or not, it's awful hard to negotiate anything from a position of disadvantage, in this case he is reminding Mexico that we will press our advantages when they become obtuse. If you go back to the republic days and McNellys Rangers or the border wars of the late 1800's you will se that the only way to successfully negotiate with them (Mexican politicians) is to do it the hard way.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Pershing kicked Pancho’s ass in 1916. We should go down there and do it again.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom