• ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Mal_confused_817093_1.gif

Something I've learned over the years...once you're leaning forward, you're never gonna get those feet back under you. Tuck and roll, man. Tuck and roll.

Also, this is a reason I never wear slip on-shoes. I've met me and I know what would happen.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    @billtool

Man, Falling is something I'm used too lately. I can't feel my feet so I gotta be looking at them or else by the time they are out from under me it's a crap shoot.

I fell 4 times on the ice last week. I just gave up and took my shoes off cause you have decent traction in socks and I can't feel the cold anyways. Last year I fell on the ice and ruptured the disc in L1 L2. After last week's falls I just ache now. 5 days later.

Ego crushing for sure. Embarrassing for sure. Lol

As big as you are I'm sure it was a sight to behold.

Golf clap for laughing at yourself. What else can you do?

Drive on.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Glad you're not too banged up. For the record, HEB $5 delivery (plus a tip for the driver) has spoiled us. It's well worth not having to deal with the crowds, parking lot, and riff raff.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I like HEB and Walmart is my only other choice.

Well, unless you're rural enough for Brookshire's, your other choices are either Walmart, or are owned by Kroger. HEB is at least Texas based.

I get it, people gotta' eat. But to directly support a company's owner that flat out stated that he would pay for and promote TRANNY STORY TIME in our Elementary schools, I just can't put my money into that. Our children are losing their innocence and freedoms at an alarming rate, and it is our job to try and protect those for them.

Not that many of the other options are much better, at all. But, our children, if taught with conservative values, might just be able to repair some of the damage the previous generations have done to the country.

That's why I asked.

And I really am glad that you're okay.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I get it, people gotta' eat. But to directly support a company's owner that flat out stated that he would pay for and promote TRANNY STORY TIME in our Elementary schools, I just can't put my money into that. Our children are losing their innocence and freedoms at an alarming rate, and it is our job to try and protect those for them.

Not that many of the other options are much better, at all. But, our children, if taught with conservative values, might just be able to repair some of the damage the previous generations have done to the country.

That's why I asked.

And I really am glad that you're okay.
    I know nothing of this, and my quick google search found nothing... can you provide a link?

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Took me less than a minute to find this. The link to the original article is buried in my 'favorites' somewhere. I believe the original was from the Austin Statesman.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/texas-grocery-store-tycoon-sponsors-drag-queen-shows-for-kids/
    That's truly disappointing.

From that article:
    A Libs of TikTok tweet showed the scantily clad performers dancing sensually in front of parents and their children.

The one word in that quote that pisses me off the most?
    "parents".

I imagine we'll keep shopping HEB, but let them know how we feel about our money to their profit to this absolute horseshit.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    That's truly disappointing.

From that article:

The one word in that quote that pisses me off the most?
    "parents".

I imagine we'll keep shopping HEB, but let them know how we feel about our money to their profit to this absolute horseshit.

You'll need to address those concerns straight to the head Butt himself - store employees can't do anything but smile and nod. They have no influence.

Top Bottom