• ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I fell this weekend....with a chainsaw.

I was clearing a fallen tree near my tank. The ground was still saturated and soft. I stepped on a spot that immediately sank about an inch, and I went over. I'm no lumberjack; but I remember reading that, if a lumberjack falls, he throws the chainsaw as far from him as he can. And I did just that with my electric Ryobi.

Came out uninjured....and the chainsaw is fine, too.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

I was clearing a fallen tree near my tank. The ground was still saturated and soft. I stepped on a spot that immediately sank about an inch, and I went over. I'm no lumberjack; but I remember reading that, if a lumberjack falls, he throws the chainsaw as far from him as he can. And I did just that with my electric Ryobi.

No texas chainsaw massacre?

Good Very Good.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands

Dammit. That is sketchy. Glad you didn’t gnaw a chunk out of your leg!

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

Thank you for the full account. We of TGT were concerned about the chain saw.
    :roflsmile:
    :banana:

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    My heb has The Signs. Fk heb.

However, I tripped in wallywhirl garden one joyous holiday season and rode a pre lit artificial Christmas tree to the floor. The lady at the register kept swiping as if I didn’t exist and the 30 or so overwrought shoppers were like “I don’t care if he’s dead I’m not getting out of this line.” When I stood the tree back up it looked more like a Saguaro cactus. Merry effin Christmas

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    ELECTRIC chainsaw.....I is environmentally friendly, after all....
    I gave up my electric for a 20v Dewalt... I love the thing! Stuff up to 7" cut easy and that's as big as will roll into my stove without splitting anyway. Nice about either battery or electric is how fast they stop, but the lack of a cord makes battery a winner.

Thursday is down for my next firewood cut; hopefully the last of the year.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    My yard's full of 'armadillo' holes...and I've tried to get rid of them the 'old fashioned way'...doesn't work, - there's a bunch of new ones waiting to replace the previous gang...

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I gave up my electric for a 20v Dewalt... I love the thing! Stuff up to 7" cut easy and that's as big as will roll into my stove without splitting anyway. Nice about either battery or electric is how fast they stop, but the lack of a cord makes battery a winner.

Thursday is down for my next firewood cut; hopefully the last of the year.
    "Big ass gas chainsaws are not dangerous", says Stumpy Benson, former lumberjack.

Attachments

• old chainsaw.jpg
      old chainsaw.jpg
      30.7 KB · Views: 26
    Top Bottom