• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Early Christmas Present -Shield-

Well I went into the local gun shop here in Orlando with my father a few weeks ago.I was finally able to find a S&W M&P Shield 9mm, and I have been wanting to compare it to the lc9 side by side because I really wanted a lc9.

Anywho there was no comparison IMO and I decided the Shield was what I wanted.
    He surprised me by putting the gun on layaway on the spot for my 1 and only Christmas gift, and we picked it up today.Not the way we normally do Christmas but I can't complain.

I'm hopeing to hit the range with it tomorrow! Here are a few pics.

4yqe9u3y.jpg
    hy2umy3a.jpg
    uqyqu7ab.jpg

Last edited:

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    nice Daddy

everything (with the exception of actually shooting) to be said by "hands-on" gun comparisons

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Straight out of the box to the range, I'm verry impressed with the Shield.No adjustment of the sites was needed. Its dead on, and I was shooting around 7 to 10 yards.Put a couple different brands through it 115Gr, and 147.

Within the first 50 rounds of 115Gr I had one stove pipe.Besides that the gun ran flawless through the next 200 Rnds.I enjoyed shooting it more then my SR9C.

SR9C 25Rnds at 7 yards.
    yhu3yqe4.jpg

First 8 shots out of the Shield.
    u6e3eny6.jpg

Aiming at the 8.
    9e5azaha.jpg

Trying for a tighter group.
    ajy4ybuq.jpg

Some muzzle flash action.
    zabarybe.jpg

Last edited:

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Does it break down easy

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Its the easiest pistol I have owned, with mag out rack the slide back. Turn the take down lever to the 6 o'clock position. Release the slide while pulling the trigger and its off. No stupid pins to pull and pry out I love it.

glad you like the gun, and cool muzzle flash shot.
    Thanks, got lucky and paused the video and got the shot.
    Not bad for a cell phone.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Here is a link to the video i just uploaded of me shooting a little shy of 7 yards, maybe 5?

Last edited:

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I had an LC9. I have a Shield.

Excellent pistol. It shoots much better than it should for the size. Nice shooting and nice pix.

Yea I figured if I got the LC9 it would have been sold after I got my hands on a Sheild. Thanks!

Nice... I really like the Shield. It shoots and carries well. Hope you'll post follow up reports

I want to get back out and try my luck at 10-15 yards with it.Might be taking my CCW class (still in FL) the first week of December. So I might post about the holsters I decide to carry sometime in the new year.

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Yea I figured if I got the LC9 it would have been sold after I got my hands on a Sheild. Thanks!

Shield. I hate to nit-pick, but it's printed on the pistol. You've mis-spelled it in the title and every post (which I'm enjoying reading). :)

I'm likely in the market for an ultra-compact .40... so I'm following this discussion with interest.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up, and for not being a asshole about it like some are lol.
    If only I remembered I before E except after C.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the heads up, and for not being a $#@! about it like some are lol.
    If only I remembered I before E except after C.

When my spelling is perfect I'll whip Stanley out and beat you about the face. Until then, I'll endure my slappings as well. :)

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Just got my Desantis Nemisis pocket holster for it a couple days ago. Its a little big compared to the LCP I had.
    Completly fills most of my bigger pockets and some of my smaller stuff the grip is visable.Plan on picking up a IWB holster aswell.Might just plan on IWB carry...
    7ytuqu6a.jpg

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just got my Desantis Nemisis pocket holster for it a couple days ago. Its a little big compared to the LCP I had.
    Completly fills most of my bigger pockets and some of my smaller stuff the grip is visable.Plan on picking up a IWB holster aswell.Might just plan on IWB carry...
    7ytuqu6a.jpg

Some folks pocket carry the Shield. For me thats just not practical and i dont wear skin tight Wranglers.

What type of IWB you looking at?

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I liked the idea of the Desantis Tuck-This II with the build in mag pouch.I believe it made of nylon.I have a big belly and like how the gun rides at 3:30.

But considering I don't have my license yet, I have no real life carry experience.So I'm all over the place looking at pros and conds of both leather and kydex.

I do know I want somthing with a single clip so its easy to take on and off with my pants already on.Was going to lost a thread to ask you guys to point me in the right drection but I'm sure its been asked 100x before lol.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom