• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Who is to say what is correct or incorrect about what is right for the country. We all have our OPINIONS about what we feel is correct.

Just like religion, Everyone thinks there God is the correct god or in some cases there is no God. Not everyone can be correct

Do I think the Liberal view is correct nope and as they get more left I feel stronger about it. But you know what I feel the same about the extreme Right.

If you scaled for 1-100% with The left being 0 and the right being 100. I would put myself at 75%

Things like this make me a little uneasy.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Young-voters-hitting-the-polls-for-early-voting-498451921.html

I’m glad folks are voting but do they really have a grasp of what is at stake? It’s not just free college and tax cuts to only benefit the 1%. There are lasting effects to putting the wrong people in power, and I have no desire to go down that road.

For those that might say I didn’t know any better either at that age I’ll explain what I think is different. My parents taught me correctly and I participated in politics via my parents from a very young age. We discussed why things functioned the way they did and the perils of too much government, and there was no social media to rot our brains.

Also a Republican group registered a protest with A&M about distances from the polling place and electioneering. The only article I read didn’t mention the details of the protest which makes me wonder if it wasn’t something pro team beta.
    Texas SOT

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Everything I’ve seen has shown that younger generations are swinging back right. The psycho left is a minority and all the anti speech talk, racism claims, “regret is rape” and violence has caused a pendulum swing. Most college kids want to have fun and it’s hard to do with snowflakes whining about everything.

I’m glad folks are voting but do they really have a grasp of what is at stake? It’s not just free college and tax cuts to only benefit the 1%. There are lasting effects to putting the wrong people in power, and I have no desire to go down that road.

For those that might say I didn’t know any better either at that age I’ll explain what I think is different. My parents taught me correctly and I participated in politics via my parents from a very young age. We discussed why things functioned the way they did and the perils of too much government, and there was no social media to rot our brains.

Also a Republican group registered a protest with A&M about distances from the polling place and electioneering. The only article I read didn’t mention the details of the protest which makes me wonder if it wasn’t something pro team beta.

What exactly were they unhappy about. Kind of an odd thing to protest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I just got back from Voting. Got home late last night and I hauled the Mrs up there with me. We always compare notes afterwards. We're on the same page. Go Vote people if you haven't already. All elections are important but this one has a different feel to it.

Vote Early & Vote Often!!!!!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's nice to see all the political signs out front of this poling place are republican, the proper distance of course. Not sure if that is due to the overwhelming support in this area or not. This may not be the prettiest area in Texas, but it sure is one of the more comfortable areas political wise.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I voted today and was accosted by a beto supporter.

I asked him if beto wasn't the yellow dog Democrat that pissed on your leg and told you it was raining.

The Ted Cruz guy just laughed.
    How were you accosted? Going to vote in an hour and I live in a predominantly blue neighborhood. I will be armed and coming from work so incognito but just curious.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Why not? The polling place where I voted Monday had a 30.07 sign but no 30.06 sign.

Mainly because it's against the law and if you get caught you'll never own a gun again. Don't carry into polling places.. EVER.

(a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a) :

(1) on the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private, unless:

(A) pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution;  or

(B) the person possesses or goes with a concealed handgun that the person is licensed to carry under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and no other weapon to which this section applies, on the premises of an institution of higher education or private or independent institution of higher education, on any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by the institution is being conducted, or in a passenger transportation vehicle of the institution;

(2) on the premises of a polling place on the day of an election or while early voting is in progress;

(3) on the premises of any government court or offices utilized by the court, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the court;

(4) on the premises of a racetrack;

(5) in or into a secured area of an airport;  or

(6) within 1,000 feet of premises the location of which is designated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice as a place of execution under Article 43.19, Code of Criminal Procedure , on a day that a sentence of death is set to be imposed on the designated premises and the person received notice that:

(A) going within 1,000 feet of the premises with a weapon listed under this subsection was prohibited;  or

(B) possessing a weapon listed under this subsection within 1,000 feet of the premises was prohibited.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Yup yup. My gun was locked in my vehicle, which I parked on the street down the block from the polling place. Just to be safe (and because all the parking spaces were full lol).

tinplas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2017
    San Antonio
    Screenshot_20181025-153530.png

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    There was a Democrat threatening elected officials and destroying signs at a Mesquite polling place yesterday. The Saucedo show had video but that was the only place I heard about it.
    My polling place was very pro Irish drunk but I live in E. FtW. In and out in 8min. and no one noticed the G26 so no need to show my credentials.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Read Texas Penal Code Section 46.03. Paraphrasing: Even if you have a concealed carry permit, you cannot bring a gun into any of the following places:

on the premises of a polling place on voting day, or while voting is taking place (Tex. Pen. Code § 46.03.)

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    avvidclif,

As far as I know (I'm a presiding Election Judge in Bexar County.), only LEOs & judges can carry at polling places.

NOTE: the AG of TX has opined that Presiding Judges MAY carry a handgun at the polling place.
    (As I always have ISD Police nearby at my 2 precincts & the DPS "on speed dial", I don't plan to carry a weapon.)

yours, satx

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Ok, after more research read Section 46.15, Non-Applicability.

(a) Sections 46.02 and 46.03 do not apply to:

(5) an honorably retired peace officer, qualified retired law enforcement officer, federal criminal investigator, or former reserve law enforcement officer who holds a certificate of proficiency issued under Section 1701.357, Occupations Code, and is carrying a photo identification that is issued by a federal, state, or local law enforcement agency, as applicable, and that verifies that the officer is:

(A) an honorably retired peace officer;

(B) a qualified retired law enforcement officer;

(C) a federal criminal investigator; or

(D) a former reserve law enforcement officer who has served in that capacity not less than a total of 15 years with one or more state or local law enforcement agencies;

Quoting only the parts concerning me.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Early voting thru yesterday in Travis County yielded 181,226, including mobile and mail. The total represents 23.11% of all registered voters.
    http://traviscountyclerk.org/eclerk/content/images/2018.11.06_Early_Voting/G18 10262018 EV Daily Totals.pdf

As of right now 205,738 or 18.09% of registered voters in Tarrant County. Will try to check when I get home I'm currently in Houston.

http://access.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/Upcoming-Election-Information/Live_Turn_Out_Widget.html

Top Bottom