• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    ERCOT has issued a watch for a projected reserve capacity shortage with no market solution for today from 2:00 - 10:00, which could cause an EEA (energy emergency alert) event.

Wind is forecast to be low during this period, which is causing the potential for a grid problem.

ERCOT asking everyone to limit usage during these hours.

If you aren't in the room, turn off the ceiling fan. Unplug devices not being used, as many will use a little even if off. Don't run the washer, dryer or dishwasher. All these things may be small, but they can add up across the entire state.

Make sure your portable/emergency generator is in running state and that you have fuel for it.

I will not get too worried unless they issue an EEA.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Good thing we got all that renewable wind generation capacity on days like today.
    Driving back & forth to Waco and seeing the wind turbines not in service really has me scratching my ass, head & balls. Nice they ain’t killing birds, but for phuc sake get them running! I tired of moving to the shoulder of the road to make room for more of this crap.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Driving back & forth to Waco and seeing the wind turbines not in service really has me scratching my ass, head & balls. Nice they ain’t killing birds, but for phuc sake get them running! I tired of moving to the shoulder of the road to make room for more of this crap.
    Could be many reasons for this.

No owner just wakes up and says "Gee, I don't think I'll generate today. Who wants to make money?"

Winds can be too low for generation. If below cut-in speed, they can't operate. Could be the site is being curtailed by ERCOT due to grid congestion. Could be prices are too far into negative territory and the owner does not want to pay ERCOT for the privilege of generating. Could be a substation issue. Could be a transmission issue.

Rest assured, owners want the turbines running (provided pricing has gone too far negative). They don't make money with them sitting idle.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This is one major reason that Abbott needs to go. He has done nothing to bring more reliable power on line.

Nukes need to be built quickly

All new building permits for increasing population and businesses need to be stopped immediately.
    Nukes are a good solution. But government regulation has made the process unreasonably long. And driven the cost up. Not economically feasible.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I think nuclear is on the comeback trail. Even the leftist morons are starting to realize it. They're just dragging their feet hoping their fantasies of fusion come true before they have to grudgingly admit that Jane Fonda worship is not a solid basis for energy policy.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    This is one major reason that Abbott needs to go. He has done nothing to bring more reliable power on line.

Nukes need to be built quickly

All new building permits for increasing population and businesses need to be stopped immediately.

It a HUGE Abbot fan, but the prospect of Beto isn’t all that great IMO.

Maybe someone can educate me on what powers the governor has to fund new power plants without the legislature or how he can ignore DOE regulations and BS for new nuke plants.

IMO he should have called a special session to address the energy shortage and how to get off the useless green crap that seems to fail during times of need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I think nuclear is on the comeback trail. Even the leftist morons are starting to realize it. They're just dragging their feet hoping their fantasies of fusion come true before they have to grudgingly admit that Jane Fonda worship is not a solid basis for energy policy.
    France never abandoned it and in fact has quite a few nuke plants. Other European countries are also starting to re-examine nuke power.

I just don't see any signs at all of a comeback in the U.S.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Every wind turbine should be mandated to have at least one noose hanging from its tower, pre-fit for members of ERCOT and the PUC.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk
    ERCOT never asked for wind power. And doesn't like intermittent resources like wind and solar.

PUC never asked for it.

Look to the government if you want to direct anger.

Top Bottom