• TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Pretty much all the sushi bars, not sure if that's the correct term in Japanese, that I had been to make the dishes in the center of a horseshoe like bar and will have a conveyor belt to where you pick up the dish as it goes by. They may have more than one person making it and will have a big bowl of wasabi nearby, and yes they will put a thin layer between the fish or whatever type they are making. They type of tuna, salmon or other fish or seafood are different prices, the color dish determines the price. I also watched them make sushi and they will rub the wasabi on the fish before making a roll which they cut into pieces.

The guy I was talking to actually went on to tell me that I could get sick if they didn't use the wasabi. He also told me that he spent several years learning to make it right. Whether that meant just what they made there or other things, I didn't ask.
    Sushi go round. I loved that place. But it could get expensive.
    Guns International

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    That's not the way it works. The plates are jammed together on the conveyor. You pick up a plate and that empty space is instantly filled by the action of the belt. It's impossible to put a plate back.

Normally, the plates are color-coded as to the price of what's on the plate. When you're ready to go, your bill is calculated by counting your plates.

Under no circumstances would anyone ever pick a piece off the plate, leaving the plate on the conveyor. Doing that crap will get you firmly corrected, instantly. Do it again and you're likely to be thrown out rather unceremoniously. And you only get that level of deference if you're a gaijin; a native wouldn't get a warning.
    You must have been in higher class conveyor places than I have ever seen, but I will take your word for it.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Maine!? That stings moonpie.

I just got out of Utah and am heading to Albuquerque. Utah is pretty but oh boy...the drivers are horrible. I have never seen so many people not understand what a passing lane is.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    My dad grew up in Bremerton. :) I understand where you're coming from. I grew up in Corvallis and it's now giving Portland a run for it's money. Glad you got away friend. I could never have lived in Portland.
    We live in Illahee, right new the Brownsville Marina for 12 years. Sold he house for twice what we paid, downsized to a condo just below the Wheateon Ave. bridge. It's finally in contact now, and I should have every last legla tie to anywhere on the Left Coast dissolved by month's end. :)

Hope TX is treating you well! It's the best thing we've very done!!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    We live in Illahee, right new the Brownsville Marina for 12 years. Sold he house for twice what we paid, downsized to a condo just below the Wheateon Ave. bridge. It's finally in contact now, and I should have every last legla tie to anywhere on the Left Coast dissolved by month's end. :)

Hope TX is treating you well! It's the best thing we've very done!!

Put the liquor bottle down and back away carefully please.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Maine!? That stings moonpie.

I just got out of Utah and am heading to Albuquerque. Utah is pretty but oh boy...the drivers are horrible. I have never seen so many people not understand what a passing lane is.

Texas is not the great state that everyone thinks it is. It is not too late to change your mind. You could just stay in Utah.

Top Bottom