• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    You have a way of taking things out of context and trying to bend it anyway you want. Maybe if you had read what was said in that conversation you might have a better idea of the point I was trying to get across.

Oh...you mean the total garbage about the wasabi? Which is a condiment served on the side. Or the need for special skills to slice a piece of fish? Certainly you don't want a big slap on the back for knowing that sushi contains cooked seafood and sashimi raw?
    What makes sushi sushi is rice and seaweed. I already explained the difference between the fish, cooking fish is just adding heat.

Add some meaningful context before you accuse me of taking something out and "bending " it.
    Gun Zone Deals

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Oh...you mean the total garbage about the wasabi? Which is a condiment served on the side. Or the need for special skills to slice a piece of fish? Certainly you don't want a big slap on the back for knowing that sushi contains cooked seafood and sashimi raw?
    What makes sushi sushi is rice and seaweed. I already explained the difference between the fish, cooking fish is just adding heat.

Add some meaningful context before you accuse me of taking something out and "bending " it.
    Obviously you've never been to a real sushi bar. I got my knowledge of it from a Japanese guy at one of the many sushi bars in Japan that I have been to.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ... the total garbage about ... the need for special skills to slice a piece of fish?
    Please advise me if my editing is accurate, i.e. did you just say that there is no need for special skills to slice a piece of fish in the context of preparing sushi?

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    NOW we are talking about something different!!! We weren't talking about lionfish.

I don't reccommend it from 7-11. We WERE talking about salmon in America.

Talk about taking shit out of context and bending it.

YEAH, there's a hell of a difference between preparing lionfish and cooking salmon, and knife skills and knowledge are a matter of life and death in the former.

EDIT: OOPS , blowfish is the one that requires the knife skills . I have no inclination to eat either .

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    What I said about wasabi is that it helps kill the bacteria that is often associated with raw fish and is used in preparing sushi and sashimi. Now I'm sure it wouldn't take much effort to look that up.

As far as asking for raw fish (salmon) at just any restaurant may be against their policy. Eating raw fish that isn't prepared properly can make you sick.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    What I said about wasabi is that it helps kill the bacteria that is often associated with raw fish and is used in preparing sushi and sashimi. Now I'm sure it wouldn't take much effort to look that up.

Then do it and provide a link....I couldn't eat the crap if that were true.

I said it was a condiment served on the side.

BTW: I CAN read and knew what you said.

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    In Utah now just about to our hotel. 430am up and on the road.
    F4CA0911-7A98-4CE9-A33F-03572170FB6D.jpeg
    Been a relaxing trip. Buddy took vacation and we just split the drive each day.

Top Bottom