• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Folks who comply with police orders do not get body slammed. Witness the youth who when told to sit by the officer, did sit. No force used on him. Folks who defy police orders, are made to comply. Doing it without injury to either party is exemplary police work.

Why is that exemplary? Mustn't be too exemplary because he's out on his ass. If the only thing different is video then cops with this attitude are going to be in a world of hurt in the coming years. There is a continuum between instant mute compliance and battery.
    Venture Surplus ad

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Why is that exemplary? Mustn't be too exemplary because he's out on his ass. If the only thing different is video then cops with this attitude are going to be in a world of hurt in the coming years.

Politics sucks. Ask the previous Chief Doug Kowalski what it is like to be fired without cause on You Tube. Not much you can do. Same Mayor both cases. See the pattern? Throw someone under the bus or get thrown. New Chief is a quick learner.

I know you are really disappointed he did not hurt the girl. It really hurts your "Body-Slam Concrete" narrative. I know you are really disappointed he did not arrest all the folks he had detained. Instead he injured nobody, and exercised discretion and let folks go without arrest. What a horrible out of control racist.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    In the video I saw if she'd gone ahead and left the first time instead of coming back there'd have been no further interaction. You can't tell what she said when the officer decided to take her down but it was their second interaction. She was on the grass and in her attempt to resist made her way onto the sidewalk, the officer didn't appear to intentionally target the hardest surface.

I'm usually the first to criticize the police for excessive force based on my personal interactions with LEO but I can't go with you on this one zincwarrior, she got off light in my opinion. I do NOT agree with the "ask, tell, force" creedo espoused by many in law enforcement and agree mute compliance with an amped-up officer makes my teeth itch but she had a chance to just leave and should have availed herself of that opportunity. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Politics sucks. Ask the previous Chief Doug Kowalski what it is like to be fired without cause on You Tube. Not much you can do. Same Mayor both cases. See the pattern? Throw someone under the bus or get thrown. New Chief is a quick learner.

I know you are really disappointed he did not hurt the girl. It really hurts your "Body-Slam Concrete" narrative. I know you are really disappointed he did not arrest all the folks he had detained. Instead he injured nobody, and exercised discretion and let folks go without arrest. What a horrible out of control racist.

You're waiving an "us vs. them mentality" which combined with an apparent binary approach to handling situations, which helps create this distrust.

So his years of experience did not provide him with additional tools top handle this. Its A or B and A, B, C, or D? Wow he really should have been fired then.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I'm usually the first to criticize the police for excessive force based on my personal interactions with LEO but I can't go with you on this one zincwarrior, she got off light in my opinion. I do NOT agree with the "ask, tell, force" creedo espoused by many in law enforcement and agree mute compliance with an amped-up officer makes my teeth itch but she had a chance to just leave and should have availed herself of that opportunity. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

I hear you.
    1. Per her statements she was leaving initially when she was grabbed by the hair by the officer.
    2. Getting off light for what? She committed no crime and has not been charged with anything.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    In the video I saw if she'd gone ahead and left the first time instead of coming back there'd have been no further interaction.
    That's what I keep coming back to as well. She was trespassing and had multiple opportunities to just leave. If it were my own property and I was dealing with an aggressive trespasser, I'd want to remove them via any force necessary. If that's being drug off the property by their hair then that's their choice.

The defense of the cop's actions because she "wasn't obeying orders" troubles me on a much deeper level, however. That is longer conversation about the nature of the relationship between the state, police, and average citizens...

Last edited:

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    She's first seen in this video at 1:09 when the officer tells her group to leave, she doesn't. She's directed again by the officer to leave at the 2:25 mark, her group breaks up and appears to comply but just move away a bit. At about the 2:50 mark something is said that draws the officer's attention. The officer advances and takes her arm (not her hair), she resists and the officer attempts to force her down, I didn't see any hair pulling.

By "got off light" I'm referring to what usually happens when you fight with police and I still have a few lumps and scars to prove it. Unfortunately I couldn't tell what was said in the last interaction and I was incorrect, it was her third interaction. If she committed no crime she could have left the first or second time, the third time she resisted the officer and far as I know that is a chargeable offense.

Texas Statutes - Section 38.03: RESISTING ARREST, SEARCH, OR TRANSPORTATION

(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally prevents or obstructs a person he knows is a peace officer or a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction from effecting an arrest, search, or transportation of the actor or another by using force against the peace officer or another.
    (b) It is no defense to prosecution under this section that the arrest or search was unlawful.
    (c) Except as provided in Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
    (d) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if the actor uses a deadly weapon to resist the arrest or search.

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    "running your mouth" when you're not under arrest makes you subject to being thrown on concrete while wearing a swimsuit? is that the policy line you want to take?

No standing in an area you were asked repeatedly to leave and smacking your gums to be tough gets you a lesson in how tough you aren't. Once the LEO put his hands on her she then chose her own fate by resisting. Had there not been the recent racial tensions she would more than likely be facing charges and I'd for sure vote to convict if on a jury.

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    I hear you.
    1. Per her statements she was leaving initially when she was grabbed by the hair by the officer.
    2. Getting off light for what? She committed no crime and has not been charged with anything.

Her statements are full of poo. She wasn't gonna leave until her ass was on the ground.

She committed at least 1 crime if not more. She got off light. Her actions caused a man to resign from a job because she wanted to appear tough to her friends. Good job girl!

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    She's first seen in this video at 1:09 when the officer tells her group to leave, she doesn't. She's directed again by the officer to leave at the 2:25 mark, her group breaks up and appears to comply but just move away a bit. At about the 2:50 mark something is said that draws the officer's attention. The officer advances and takes her arm (not her hair), she resists and the officer attempts to force her down, I didn't see any hair pulling.

By "got off light" I'm referring to what usually happens when you fight with police and I still have a few lumps and scars to prove it. Unfortunately I couldn't tell what was said in the last interaction and I was incorrect, it was her third interaction. If she committed no crime she could have left the first or second time, the third time she resisted the officer and far as I know that is a chargeable offense.

(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally prevents or obstructs a person he knows is a peace officer or a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction from effecting an arrest, search, or transportation of the actor or another by using force against the peace officer or another.
    (b) It is no defense to prosecution under this section that the arrest or search was unlawful.
    (c) Except as provided in Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
    (d) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if the actor uses a deadly weapon to resist the arrest or search.

Thank you for all of this.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Supposedly this was before that (that she had tried to leave) but thats her statement. Was she actually fighting with the officer?

Context matters. This is basically rousting an overdone pool party. Thats fine but this isn't the crime of the century. Work the situation in appropriate fashion (like the other officers did in the video).

As I said I've been on the other end of this. I never saw people treated like that in similar circumstances. The police were always much calmer, using firm verbiage, and everyone eventually complied. These police were used to deal Crips and vatos and acted much more professionally then this guy.

His story fits someone who's been stressed out going OT because of it, and needed to not have taken the call, or gone in with everyone else.

I still maintain the tactical roll with white socks is an epic tactical move rarely taught these days. :clown:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    No standing in an area you were asked repeatedly to leave and smacking your gums to be tough gets you a lesson in how tough you aren't. Once the LEO put his hands on her she then chose her own fate by resisting. Had there not been the recent racial tensions she would more than likely be facing charges and I'd for sure vote to convict if on a jury.

Convict of what?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uj0mtxXEGE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Convict of what?

Trespassing
    resisting arrest
    loitering
    possibly assault on a police officer

When will people learn to do what cops ask them to do? As CHris Rock says, "if the police come, they are bringing an ass-whipping with them."

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014

+1 to this. I didn't see any hair grabbing or slamming on concrete. I did see a lot of melo-drama though - both sides.

Also, we still don't, and maybe won't, know the whole story on his resignation. Those suicide calls on top of this mess could push anyone to pull the plug on a career...maybe the brass was willing to keep him on? Not passing judgment until I know for sure.

JP67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    "running your mouth" when you're not under arrest makes you subject to being thrown on concrete while wearing a swimsuit? is that the policy line you want to take?

What the hell does that girl being in a bikini have any thing to do with the whole situation.

Top Bottom