• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    Again his actions weren't right but he did what he had to in the situation. Not only was he just done dealing with the suicide calls but he was also the first in scene surrounded by the mob alone with the exception of the rent a cop (fat white side in video) so he had to get things under control and they were spiraling. The video picks up much later when backup is already on scene.

She got what she needed to shut her damn mouth. Had she listened and done so we'd be discussing firearms or whatever else and not this stupid shit here. A good officer resigned but I hope he just relocates.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    He could have very easily restrained her and cuffed her without throwing her around...if he was really in control of the situation and himself. Surely officers receive training on how to properly restrain and cuff someone.

He was using proper technique. She was resisting and he did not amp up the force. He also seemed to be scared shitless of the mob but did get her face down for cuffing without injuring her.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Sorry, I just expect pros to act like pros. Screaming profanities and slapping a young woman around don't seem very professional to me.

Nope not professional at all. A lot of actions can be justified, but profanity is not one of them and it makes you look like an belligerant.

Last edited:

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    About the cuffs, I bet he was out. I recollect he used at least 1, on a male. About the pulling of hair, I didn't see that. About the slapping around? Looked like standard training takedowns attempted on a flailing about girl.

Still can't justify the profanity tho...

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    If I behaved like that, my parents would have grounded me for the summer, and the next day I would be at the PD apologizing to the officer for running my mouth.

I feel the kids pain, they were invited to a pool party and denied entry or kicked out if they were already in. That sucks. But disrespecting LE is never acceptable.

Thats great but irrelevant. It doesn't give the cop the right to throw her on the concrete for sassing him. He's gone now because of it.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I've known a few local and Federal officers, sheriffs and game wardens, and I can guarantee you every single one that I've known would have handled the situation better.

Even the other officers involved handled it better.

Indeed. Thats why he's gone.
    In my younger days I was around many street parties (in bad neighborhoods) that were broken up. This usually included lots of people sitting on the curb until things were sorted out (or more often calls came in for substantially more important stuff). They weren't handled like this. People who yapped off weren't handled like this was.

Texas cops can't act as professionally as California police in the bad part of town?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Thats great but irrelevant. It doesn't give the cop the right to throw her on the concrete for sassing him. He's gone now because of it.

For the umpteenth time, we do not know why he did what he did.

Anyway, His choice to be John Wayne. Those people could have killed each other and I would not have cared in the least. Should have stayed in in his A/C car and let them sort it out. More and more cops seem to be learning this. Not worth your career.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Just curious, they say the LEO was former DPS. Isn't DPS higher on the food chain than small city LEO ?

To you perhaps. Spending my life riding the highway in west bumphuck writing speeding tickets is about as horrible an LEO career as I can imagine.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Just curious, they say the LEO was former DPS. Isn't DPS higher on the food chain than small city LEO ?

DPS is like the military. If your home town is say Diebol, they'll put you way out in west Texas. As troopers drop out you can request to transfer for another areas spot. Along with another couple dozen troopers wanting to move there too. Seniority pulls the cord.

Local PD's don't move you out of town. Lots of troopers take city and county jobs just for that reason.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    For the umpteenth time, we do not know why he did what he did.

Anyway, His choice to be John Wayne. Those people could have killed each other and I would not have cared in the least. Should have stayed in in his A/C car and let them sort it out. More and more cops seem to be learning this. Not worth your career.

Alternatively, acting like a professional works too.

WCDUB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    No

On the flip side, all the cops were acting appropriately except him. He flipped out. What the hell was up with the judo roll he did? Watch the video-one monent he's moving-then does this weird lateral roll- and is moving again. Was he on drugs?

No excuse to throw a girl in a bikini on concrete in that context. While I don't think he should have been fired, he defintiely should have been suspended without pay.

I disagree with everything you say.When a cop gives you a lawful order,you comply(the girl).When you rush a cop from behind,that's assault(the two guys).As for the "judo roll" as you call it, he clearly tripped on a tree root,a tree root that is clearly visible in the video.Your post is snarky and silly.
    The McKinney city administration,especially the police Chief,Greg Conely,should be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited:

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    I disagree with everything you say.When a cop gives you a lawful order,you comply(the girl).When you rush a cop from behind,that's assault(the two guys).As for the "judo roll" as you call it, he clearly tripped on a tree root,a tree root that is clearly visible in the video.Your post is snarky and silly.
    The McKinney city administration,especially the police Chief,Greg Conely,should be ashamed of themselves.

WCDUB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    yep, that's what they want.
    The cops reaction wasn't perfect, but he had a freaking mob of jackasses around him, not obeying his lawful commands to restore order. Fighting with him, resisting arrest and then the two perps come up within an arms length over his right shoulder and one of them reaches in his waistband and that's when he stepped back and drew his weapon.

HIS SAFETY was in jeopardy! bash him for white socks, I don't care, he is just another casualty of the Obama crowd. you can't touch a black person in a mob now apparently or you crucified for it.

screw the whole PC, mob, protesting, agitating bunch.

Who the hell in their right mind would want to be a cop now in this America?

I agree with you.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex

The girl didn't rush the cop.

Top Bottom