• ...and so much more!
  • Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    And...
    That game controller is a piece whale do-do.
    image000000__1__png-2859008.JPG
    Target Sports

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Back before the one engineer quit due to safety concerns, the company had built a 1/3rd model to have tested.
    The results showed that it would suffer cyclic failures...
    The CEO buried this info, and went ahead with the full size version.
    So, it lasted almost 5 'cycles'...

As Bones would say, "They're dead Jim".

That thing imploded.
    Hope they find what ship in the area is having a piece of machinery develop a knock every half hour.

Engineering nerd time: Ahh - the good old Wöhler Curve. It's something I deal with at work frequently. You can do an FEA analysis, decide everything is strong enough, and the thing can break anyway. I believe it was discovered because of train axles breaking.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Reports say the Canadians detected “banging” noises this morning. I didn’t know there was a woman aboard.

Facing imminent death, there’s always someone who would “bang anything that moves” while everyone else tries to remain perfectly still :laughing:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    A tourist sub engineered by diversity hires…what could possibly go wrong?

Lol I couldn't tell by the lack of redundancy, let alone critical systems (GPS locator for when they surface? sonar ping?). Very innovative

I feel for the passengers but no tears for mr.diversity. Maybe those old 50 year old white guys who were submariners know a thing or two about subs. What a retard.

Take a look at these crackers working on James Cameron's vehicle for the deep sea: http://www.deepseachallenge.com/the-sub/systems-technology/

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Yeah, the more I read about how that thing was cobbled together (and all the concerns that were dismissed and covered up...or simply untested so they wouldn't find out about them), the more certain I am that it imploded. At least it would be a quick way to go - before you even know there's a problem.

The guy was who fired discovered that the viewport at the forward part of the sub was only built to a certified pressure of 1,300 meters, although it was to take passengers down to depths of 4,000 meters. He learned that the viewport manufacturer would only certify to a depth of 1,300 meters due to the experimental design of the viewport supplied by OceanGate, which was out of the Pressure Vessels for Human Occupancy standards. OceanGate refused to pay for the manufacturer to build a viewport that would meet the required depth of 4,000 meters.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    People are saying that our sub detection sensors would have detected a hull crush, and there was none, but....

I wondered how much water would pass through a small leak at that (5300 psig).
    The first calculator I come up with wouldn't go above 3100 psig, and even then it was 245 gallons per hour.
    If they weren't crushed, they were drown within 3 hours at the longest.
    If the leak was at the seal, the water at that pressure would have eaten through it, within minutes
    Not to mention that if anyone tried to pot their hand over the leak, they probably lost it (water jet cutting can be a bitch).

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    The guy was who fired discovered that the viewport at the forward part of the sub was only built to a certified pressure of 1,300 meters, although it was to take passengers down to depths of 4,000 meters. He learned that the viewport manufacturer would only certify to a depth of 1,300 meters due to the experimental design of the viewport supplied by OceanGate, which was out of the Pressure Vessels for Human Occupancy standards. OceanGate refused to pay for the manufacturer to build a viewport that would meet the required depth of 4,000 meters.
    Effen retard's

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    People are saying that our sub detection sensors would have detected a hull crush, and there was none, but....

I wondered how much water would pass through a small leak at that (5300 psig).
    The first calculator I come up with wouldn't go above 3100 psig, and even then it was 245 gallons per hour.
    If they weren't crushed, they were drown within 3 hours at the longest.
    If the leak was at the seal, the water at that pressure would have eaten through it, within minutes
    Not to mention that if anyone tried to pot their hand over the leak, they probably lost it (water jet cutting can be a bitch).
    At the pressure which contact was lost, the compression in the cabin would burn them and kill them instantly. Look up the Byford diving bell incident.

Top Bottom