• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Copperas Cove
    I was wondering how many of the folks here are into Mil-Surp and what got you turned on to them? Do you collect from a certain era or all over the place?

My mil-surp collection includes two Mosins, three Enfields, a M1 Grarand, and a K98 Mauser. I just love the fact that they have history, scratch that they are part of history. As for era mine are mostly WWII but, one of my Enfields is from WWI. I was considering expanding my collection into other eras like Korea with the purchase of another enfield or two. I have a thing for .303 Brit. my Grandmother was a English war bride and so I have a couple great uncles that were in the RAF and with 1st Para so I know they fired off quite a few .303 rounds in their time.
    Lynx Defense

jim t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    I have mosin nagants from at least 2 wars. I have a 1917 M-91, a 91\30, a 44 and a 59. I also have a enfield 303 from 43. I do want a german rifle to join the mix and a 03 springfield and M 1 but that is in the future when the money is there.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    I have an M-44, K98, pair of Type-99's, RFI Enfield, AK, PSL, etc......

I dig the M-44 and the K98, while it kicks like a mule - is a strait shooting gun, love it!

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    I've really got an accumulation, not really a collection. After checking my inventory sheet, I've got about 40 milsurps, depending on your definition.
    3 Lee Enfields, a NO1MkI, NO4MkI, and a 2AMkIII
    Mosin Nagants, M91,3 M91/30s, including a sniper, M27, M38, M39, 4 M44s, and an M59.
    Mausers, an M91, M95, M96, 2 M96/38s, M38, G98, M1909, Vz24, 2 M24/47s, M48. A couple are cut, and I'm not counting sporters built on Mauser actions.
    Mas36, Mas 49/56.
    Schmidt Rubin M1911 and K31.
    Arisakas, a T38 (cut, unfortunately) and T99.
    Llungmann and a Hakim.
    Martini Henry MkIV
    Kropatschek and a Swiss Vetterli
    Other odds and ends.

I like milsurps, what can I say? Everything is shootable. Just finished loading for the Vetterli, only thing I haven't tooled up for is the Kropatscek, and I guess that will be next.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have some mil-surps.

M91/30 Made at Tula in 1939 (my open-sights hunting rifle). I took a deer with this last year, 100 yard shot in the neck. I don't ever miss with this one.

K31 made in 1949. I got this because I have lots of ancestors from Switzerland, and I figured I should get one before they get hard to find. It's more accurate than I am, but I rarely shot it.

M44 Made in 1944 at Izhevsk. I gave this rifle to my brother when he graduated high school. It won't win any beauty contests, but I've polished the bolt up and it operates smooth as a Mosin can.

I love these old rifles, because it's an inexpensive way to get a real military firearm that's built to be run hard and not quit.

oxbld

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Mesquite
    Just started collecting this year, but so far I have an M1 Garand, German K98k, BSA Lee Enfield No.4 Mk.1, 1943 Soviet M44, 6 Soviet M91/30's, and a Swiss K31 on the way. That C&R license was either a great decision, or a really bad one depending on how you look at it...:)

CJGarza

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    San Antonio
    I used to have a few mil-surp stuff: Enfield #4's,a coulpe of Mausers (Yugo, Turk and German). I also had some nice pistols :Walther P1 and 2 Makarovs an East German and a Minty Bulgarian, man I miss those pistols , but especially the Enfields :(.

Bexar county TX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Not really a collector of C&R rifles I have a couple of them a Mosin Nagant M44 a Garand M1 carbine and a Chinese SKS. The Garand and M1 were given to me by my grand father.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom