• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    You will love it in Frisco or Allen they basically touch each other, very clean, calm, new new places to eat, play, explore. It's kinda like La jolla 20 years ago.

Home prices are fantastic with low low interest rates.

Your kids will love the open space and clean air and NOOOOOO traffic.

Are you part of the huge Toyota group??

We can maybe meet up and join us at a few ranges once you are settled.
    Toyota? Never heard of her.

I'm a Ford guy myself.
    Good to know about Frisco and Allen. I'm all for the best home values, if you are familiar with Temecula, something like that 10-15 yeara ago. New, developing, insanely cheap. We are shooting to buy in 2017. 5bed 3000 sq ft and minimum 1/2 acre... budget will be around mid 3s. My research shows it's possible as of today, however lot sizes are getting smaller.
    In Dallas, it will get that bad in the winter. Unlike us further South, North Texas does get its fair share of ice, but it lasts a few weeks at best and is intermittent like all other Texas weather phenomena....except for summer heat, you can count on that for sure. A solid AWD SUV is a good bet if you're concerned about the weather and commuting in it year round with kids.
    Hmmm my wife drives a navigator L 2wd. 4 car seats and cargo space for a stroller and groceries. I see a 4x4 in our future. all the good AWD are a little on the small size

Sent from my Nokia 5160 using Snake

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    We're going to move after Christmas, hoping to be in a home on New Years... so I should start looking for a place to rent late OCT early NOV..

I actually start working there first week of OCT... my territory is TX OK KS MO AR LA, so I probably won't be spending a lot of time in DFW for a little while. I just need to visit some of these areas and figure out what'll work best for us... then try to find somewhere to rent for the next 12-18 months as we prepare to buy.

No worries on weather, I like a little variety. You guys never have more than a 10 degree swing all year.. LOL

When did you say you arrive??

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Almost forgot - where are my manners?

Hopefully you all approve...
    20150124_144826.jpg

Pic is a few months old... off the top of my head, I think I've sold 4 of those, picked up another 3.

just about as many in long guns.

Would not mind doubling the collection once I hit TX!

Last edited:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Almost forgot - where are my manners?

Hopefully you all approve...
    20150124_144826.jpg

Pic is a few months old... off the top of my head, I think I've sold 4 of those, picked up another 3.

just about as many in long guns.

Would not mind doubling the collection once I hit TX!
    My man 1911s you'll be just fine

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    My man 1911s you'll be just fine

Thanks! I do love shooting a 1911, but they are more trophy guns for me.
    Top Right: Colt Defender - "just" a tool
    Top Left: Delta Elite SS - that's a lot of fun
    Left: Colt Combat Elite - #33 of original run of 500. Sweet shooter
    Right: Para P16 - not bad... just not a huge fan of 40s&w

Have to say my favorite gun is dead center, SIG P220 x-six. 6" 45, 3 way adjustable SAO, smoothest action ever. Have a 400corbon barsto bbl I still need to get fitted for it.

My other SIGs... I love them all. Good looking pistols that shoot damn well.... P320, P227 Tacops, and another MK25 are on my list for 2016 purchases.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I've always wanted a RIA to build up, but got an old Essex frame to fit the bill. Eventually I'll build that one up into a fine paper destroyer.
    see i said you would be fine don't make me put your name in the same category as oif (aka bob) i hate you all,, lol nice gats one and all.... and i dooooo love my rocks

LazermanTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    Plano-Dallas- South Africa
    Oh I almost forgot to tell you, bring your meat appetite. We love bar-B-Cue and I have 10 places you can try.

We are about to join a really cool indoor range with great pricing. Check out shootsmart.com for the 100 Degree days.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I'm a fan of meat. i have a prescription for gout medication to prove it!

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Oh I almost forgot to tell you, bring your meat appetite. We love bar-B-Cue and I have 10 places you can try.

We are about to join a really cool indoor range with great pricing. Check out shootsmart.com for the 100 Degree days.
    I'm always game for a good range... also want to get into long range shooting... have a 20" colt sporter, building a lr308,and want to get my mitts on a 24" 300wm bolt gun...

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    You need a keg for his size.

A little short of 1911s, but I guess you'll do. Oh, and I love my Rock Islands too.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Last edited:

chbpmgr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Also originally from CA. Used to shoot with the guys at the Linea del Fuego club in SD. Hope your move goes well. The housing mkt. is seeing lots of demand in Plano, Frisco, Allen & McKinney with all the commercial development going on. Still way better values than what you're used to. Suggest you find a good realtor and line up your financing so you can jump on something if you find a place you like... Rentals go pretty quick too.

See ya on the range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom