• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgalvanatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I'm not in as good of shape as I used to be, but I'm still good to go. I lift, run, and do a lot of backpacking. As far as fighting, I grew up in the west side of SA. I can box and I can grapple, if the need arises.

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    My workout regimen:
    1. Arm curl the alarm clock untill I accidently hot the snooze as I cant seem to find it in the dark.
    2. Take a shower, but scrubbing vigorously to get the heart rate up.
    3. Shave and brush vigorously to maintain heart rate.
    4. Head out the door with a very swift walk to my truck and depart.
    5. As i am in the seated position, I find it easier to maintain my heart rate by naming every sorry sumbitch on the road.
    6. I work a physically demanding job anyway so i get alot of the weight lifting out of the way while im on the clock.
    7. At lunch I order my #7 with the large diet coke and an additional double quarter pounder with cheese.(only because im dieting) I then light a ciggerette and smoke it while I read fox news on my droid. I light another ciggerette from the one I lit earlier and when its finished, I go back into my weight lifting routiene.
    8. I then go home and pour myself a baller glass with ice, 1/2 whiskey, the other... coke. I then go eat the meal my wife provided which usually consists of mass ammounts of starches and carbs.
    9. Take another vigorous shower etcetera, then go to bed.
    10. Repeat afforementioned process.

Its sure fire, to hell with P90X!!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I got the new axle for the trike and replaced one of the axle bearings which was rough. It was a ball bearing and a press fit in the frame tube. Ended up using a heat gun to expand the tube and finally knock the old bearing out. I also replaced all three tires and tubes. Jake and I had our first 6 mile run at supper time yesterday then we grilled a steak later. We share the steak and, of course, call it a "Jake steak."

Since the heat is up, I shifted the 17 mile ride to the morning about 9:30 or 10 am- after work traffic thins out, siesta or do errands, laundry etc then take the second 6 mile ride about 6pm. Improved conditioning suggests that the 17 mile ride could be stretched to 25 miles since it has become a non stop, no rest break ride. Since I polish off two water bottles during the 17 mile ride, that may limit the ride length to 17 miles or get a tanker truck to follow behind me!

OK......Here's the challenge. If an over the hill, busted up old street rat can make the effort ...........so can you. I've broken almost every piece of my body at least once and arthritis sets in each of those injuries. I work through the pain to exercise. When I hurt the worst in knees and hips, elbows and wrists, that's when I need to exercise the most. Since March of 2011, I feel like a new man and I'm free of pain. I still have discomfort but that's far short of pain. Weight loss is 14 pounds but that's not my primary objective which is better mobility. Still....the weight loss is nice!

If you work a lot, the supper time rides are terrific to put the stress of the day behind you.

When you hurt, you sit and get heavier which puts more stress on your joints which makes you hurt more. Gotta break that vicious cycle.

Flash

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I got the new axle for the trike and replaced one of the axle bearings which was rough. It was a ball bearing and a press fit in the frame tube. Ended up using a heat gun to expand the tube and finally knock the old bearing out. I also replaced all three tires and tubes. Jake and I had our first 6 mile run at supper time yesterday then we grilled a steak later. We share the steak and, of course, call it a "Jake steak."

Since the heat is up, I shifted the 17 mile ride to the morning about 9:30 or 10 am- after work traffic thins out, siesta or do errands, laundry etc then take the second 6 mile ride about 6pm. Improved conditioning suggests that the 17 mile ride could be stretched to 25 miles since it has become a non stop, no rest break ride. Since I polish off two water bottles during the 17 mile ride, that may limit the ride length to 17 miles or get a tanker truck to follow behind me!

OK......Here's the challenge. If an over the hill, busted up old street rat can make the effort ...........so can you. I've broken almost every piece of my body at least once and arthritis sets in each of those injuries. I work through the pain to exercise. When I hurt the worst in knees and hips, elbows and wrists, that's when I need to exercise the most. Since March of 2011, I feel like a new man and I'm free of pain. I still have discomfort but that's far short of pain. Weight loss is 14 pounds but that's not my primary objective which is better mobility. Still....the weight loss is nice!

If you work a lot, the supper time rides are terrific to put the stress of the day behind you.

When you hurt, you sit and get heavier which puts more stress on your joints which makes you hurt more. Gotta break that vicious cycle.

Flash

Congrats.....I need to start!

ArielT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Well, I enjoy bicycling quite a bit. I was up to doing a round trip of about 30 miles to work two days a week for a while, but I stopped to start a weight lifting program (Stronglifts 5x5), but I'm out of the initial period, so I intend to start lifting thrice a week and riding twice a week.

Probably the biggest thing hindering my bicycling progress is saddle soreness. I think if it didn't hurt my perineum to sit on the cycle seat for two days after I'd log more miles.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

I think if it didn't hurt my perineum to sit on the cycle seat for two days after I'd log more miles.

I keep switching bicycle seats until I find one that works for me and I have a whole box full of seats! I paid $50 for a special seat and tried it. Frankly, it wasn't worth a flip. The best one I've found was from Wally World. It was called their "Reflective" seat and now is called their "Ultra Deluxe Saddle." It is the same seat and it sells for $26. I has a relieved area to protect your tender places.

My Bicycle Riding Update:
    1365.66 miles since March.
    16 pound weight loss.

I have computers on both bikes and log every mile. I can make things up in my head .....am I really trying to stick to my exercise plan? The log doesn't lie. If I goof off, it's right there to haunt me.

Flash

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Maybe one of these?

Contoured-Tractor-Seat.jpg

Made for bikes....
    contour-bicycle-seat-tn.jpg

Prostate Relief Bicycle & Exercise Bike Seats

I don't know much about bikes, but I've the old tractor seats are pretty comfy.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I neglected to add that I put a bit of antibiotic ointment in that tender place to keep things from getting sore. I know...it's not cool to talk about that but 1300 miles on a bike will wear those tender parts out. I wear XXXL shorts so those padded goodies aren't available to me. Companies market to the skinny folks only. For some, that would also be an option.

I bought a work seat on wheels from Harbor Freight. It uses the same tractor seat that you showed. I can destroy a regular work seat............in fact, I did that last week!

Flash

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Anyone else on the forum do the Krav Maga home invasion class today? Was a great class, force on force with UTM rounds. Full contact. Definitely got the adrenaline pumping and gave you alot of good info of what you need to practice. IF anyone else was there I was the guy wearing the Shiner shirt, and the one who shot the Instructor in the ass after the choke defense.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    BIKE RIDING UPDATE

Miles ridden since March, 2011= 1,631.72
    Weight loss 18 pounds.
    Blood pressure as I type this 109 over 76. (I used to take Benecar 40mg for BP control. Don't take a thing, now.)
    Pain free. Still have some discomfort in the knees but it's not pain!
    Isometreic arm exercise while riding built me back up to 17" biceps.

I get bored pretty easily so I began time trials while riding. I recorded my best time for the usual 17 mile ride then "rode the computer" to keep my average speed above the record. I beat the "best" time by over 12 minutes! It's too damned hot to keep doing the 17 mile non stop pedal to the metal "Bonzi" runs so I'll wait until the weather cools a bit.

Ordered a new Trek 7300 bike and will rig it with dual computers in order to do time trials. My Schwinn is rigged with a back rack, lights, equipment bags and is a bit heavy for Bonzi runs. I'll keep the Trek lean and mean.

My Schwinn Solitaire bike has been a terrific bike for only $229 on the Wally World web site. It is 21 speeds, aluminum frame, alloy rims & hubs and trigger shifters which give fast, effortless shifting. I HIGHLY recommend it. It only comes in one size which is perfect for a 32" inseam leg length. There is not a bike around that will beat it on quality or equipment for $229. Shipping to the store is free and they will assemble it for free. The Trek I ordered is 2 1/2 times as much money and has less equipment!

All of the bikes are made in China, now including Trek, Cannondale, Specialized and Schwinn. There are only a couple of exceptions which are high end, handmade bikes.

Can't ride this morning. It's raining like pouring pee out of a boot! Gotta unplug the computer....too much lightning in the area. Been a while since I've said THAT!

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I got a nice gel seat and now my fanny doesn't complain. Let's see if I can get up to 62 miles a week now.

I refer to those parts as the "Tender Vittles".....................snicker. The new seat should help!

Couldn't ride this morning as Jake was bitten by something, threw up, broke into hives and his skin turned pink. He looked like a Westheimer dog! I took him to the Vet and she got whatever it was quieted down with two shots. He only weighs 7 pounds so virtually any venomous bite can tank him.

I guess I'll head to the gun show in Pasadena and do my 17 mile ride at 6pm.

OH.......I Lost my 19th pound!

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Bicycle Update:

Miles since March 2011= 1801.5
    Pounds lost= I should have weighed this morning. I think I dropped pound #20! EDIT....I'm down 21 pounds today! 9-10-11
    Reaction= People are beginning to notice. My walking is less "gimpy" and they say my face is thinner. Legs are like iron!
    Blood pressure= Just took it following my 17 mile morning ride. 123/76.
    Knee Pain= no change but discomfort only .....NO PAIN!

The new Trek 7300 arrived and it's great with 24 speeds and high pressure (80psi) tires. I love my Schwinn Wally World bike so much, I just won't quit riding it so the Trek has only been doing my 6 mile evening ride. OK....he likes his $229 Schwinn better than his $627 Trek. Go figure!

Flash

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Weights and BW exercises. Ive been goin to Olympic Fitness on the north side. Theyve got a load of PL & strong man type stuff and the dues are only $30 a month. I also like hiking and the occasional swim.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Bicycle Riding Update

Miles ridden since March, 2011= 2,014.68
    Pounds Lost = 22
    Blood pressure as I type this= 114/74

Almost finished rigging the new Trek 7300 bike for time trials. The bike has dual computers and is rigged light. Got some high pressure tires located online and will change out the stock tires & tubes. The tires are expensive but I won't quit now! The plan is to run 1-2 mile sprints on the clock within the usual 17 mile ride.

I've been timing the entire 17 mile run but it takes a while to get the knees loosened up & to work through the discomfort. It takes 1-2 miles to do that and consequently, my time for the 17 miles is trashed. I began mapping my route today so I can pick the sprint route based on the wind direction. So....Here's the plan: ride & loosen up, make a 1-2 mile sprint, cool down, make another sprint, cool down. One computer will record the ride total time & distance and the other will record sprint top speed, distance and time

I'll be 65 years old in about 3 weeks. Come on guys....get off the damned couch!

EDIT- 9-19-11 I found the tires I wanted at Bike Barn. They are Kevlar reinforced to prevent punctures and have a 110 psi inflation rating. That gives low rolling resistance. The ones I located online were almost $60 each. These were only $40 each! That Trek is gonna run like the wind.

Flash

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I'll be 65 years old in about 3 weeks. Come on guys....get off the damned couch!

Flash

Now see here, poking yer finger in someone's face just aint right!

I've been kinda watching your progress knowing I've got an old hybrid around here somewhere. Gettin off my butt n ridin wouldn't hurt me none.
    Good job big daddy!

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Now see here, poking yer finger in someone's face just aint right!

Of course, you're 100% right. I should keep my mouth shut but....that ain't my way....snicker.

Two years ago, I was so crippled up with pain in my knees that I couldn't walk from the bedroom to the bathroom without a cane or a crutch. For two months, I didn't drive because I couldn't get my legs in the car door. Then the weight goes up, the knees get worse from the load and I thought I was at the end of the trail. Blood pressure was up around 200mm/Hg and I was checking out. The pain was so severe that I bought "Tens" electrical pain blockers and it was too much to handle. The end was coming fast.

Doctors told me to walk for exercise. WRONG! The doctors sell pills and they had me all doped up. Walking is no good. Each step you take puts your full weight in the knees and hips. The bicycle only puts about 60 pounds of force on the joints, gets you mobile and begins the healing. The weight drops and the joints get better. The pills all went in the trash including the blood pressure meds!

The bikes saved my life! The trike got me going and a month of riding the trike got me back on the bicycles. It's like I've been reborn!

My apologies for being a butt about this subject but I actually climbed back out of the grave. I was a goner!

Flash

Top Bottom