• ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Delta got the message and changes policy

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...chers-skymiles-as-apology-for-flight-troubles

"Delta Air Lines Inc. increased the payouts its airport agents can offer passengers on overbooked flights, moving to prevent a public relations nightmare similar to the one plaguing United Continental Holdings Inc.

"Customer service agents will be able to offer passengers as much as $2,000 when they’re asked to give up a seat on an oversold flight, up from $800, according to a memo seen by Bloomberg. Managers can offer as much as $9,950, more than seven times the previous cap of $1,350, the memo dated April 13 says."

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    So Sharky...had the paying customer spit on a crew member the airline should just have to suck it up and fly the man?

You are reaching (by a big stretch I might add). How does spitting (a simple assault unless maybe you are HIV+) equate to buying a ticket and boarding at the direction of the gate agent something I am sure you have done many times.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    As someone who has flown United enough to earn status, I'm struggling to understand why the overbooking issue wasn't resolved prior to boarding. More often then not, a flight I've taken ended up being overbooked and customer service then solicits volunteers to wait for a future flight in exchange for compensation. This has always been done BEFORE boarding, this way if someone has to be bumped involuntarily, they will simply be denied boarding which certainly less messy then dragging someone off a plane. Why did they try to resolve this AFTER boarding? I don't get it.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Why did they try to resolve this AFTER boarding? I don't get it.

Last minute need to get 4 person crew to Louisville? But as others have pointed out, there were better and less expensive ways to get the crew there considering the outcome, including offering more than the $1,000 that was reportedly their last offer.

Last edited:

Truly Grits

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last minute need to get 4 person crew to Louisville? But as others have pointed out, there were better and less expensive ways to get the crew there considering the outcome, including offering more than the $1,000 that was reportedly their last offer.

So, technically this was not an "overbooking" situation; this was just poor crew scheduling by upper management.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Bad publicity is better than no publicity.
    I was just about to say that...

This ain't no mom and pop shop... They're not going to disappear over a little snafu. They'll find a way to make it through a little bit of bad PR and get even bigger. Watch, in 20 years they'll be writing books on how UA "triumphed" over the "worst" customer service incident ever...

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Weren't they recently bought by Continental? They will go further in debt and will regroup with a new name and how they have "improved". Of course I would not call assaulting your customer a little snafu

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom