• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    I love it when a federal law enforcement agency becomes the de facto Bossman security Force for a private company

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Shoot, I'd barely call it a private company... airlines are dang near government agencies at this point. Something big happens to the industry? Too big to fail, guaranteed.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Yep. On the positive they did such a fine job that United has lost millions in market value in this little PR disaster.

He's also hired a bigwheel ambulance chaser out of Chicago. United just upgraded his retirement to "living large," status.
    We'll see how it turns out. If UAL reports earnings for the next 2-3 quarters that still meet or exceed expectations, their stock price will be back to where they were before. And, if they close 2017 off the same way, they'll reach $80/share in 2018.

If Warren Buffett sells, my guess will immediately be retracted. LoL

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I decided the last time I flew, about five years ago, and being totally disgusted at the ignominy of the process, that I ... someone who answered his country's call to serve ... will not be treated that way simply for the convenience of getting somewhere quicker.

If I can't get there by ground transportation or by sea, I'm simply not going ... a concept that worked for a few thousand years.
    One of our biggest problems as a culture is a puzzling apathy regarding such matters. Grow a pair, folks ...
    Yep, I refuse to fly commercial these days, but I still fly when I can finagle it.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The best part of this tale is that United turned this elderly, low profile, professional person into a criminal! I am law abiding and respect LEO's but there was nothing worthy of respect, here. The Doctor did NOTHING wrong and he was threatened with arrest. Then he had this load of violent shxt dumped on him for no apparent reason. He had nothing to lose. Being dragged off passively like a sack of garbage is not the way of a Constitution loving Patriot!

Sorry guys, this story just keeps getting worse as time passes and it crossed a line with me. It lines up with the Boston house to house searches at gunpoint without warrants after the Marathon bombings. It was time to stand and fight! The reason this crap keeps happening is that we ALLOW it to happen.

LEO's.......... flame on. We are never gonna see eye to eye on this one! Brew up all the legal BS you want. There is NO excuse for what happened to this man!

Flash

Last edited:

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Just be careful of the martyrs you pick..

What more LEOs need is higher level training with stuff like this. There's very little need to beat or strike someone as an officer. Using other grappling techniques are safer and more effective. That's the only issue I see here. The guy just didn't know how else to get him off the plane...

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    This seemed to me more of a civil dispute then a criminal one. Police or security should have never been called. Or they should have walked away after hearing story. Most likely the police/security was lied to about the circumstances. Party A said we have right to do this in contract (ticket purchase) Party B say no you don't . Now Party B will go to court and party A will loose a boat load of money. I imagine this never will make it to a jury.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    317447093c726defb8fd7c3817af38ba.jpg

35f42d54defa209e079223bb8daba79e.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    What more LEOs need is higher level training with stuff like this. There's very little need to beat or strike someone as an officer. Using other grappling techniques are safer and more effective. That's the only issue I see here. The guy just didn't know how else to get him off the plane...

This was not a violent situation but the goon squad changed all that. The Officers should have issued the Doctor as many citations as the situation warranted then advised United personnel to put their big boy pants on until a judge sorted this mess out with his ruling.

There was NO excuse for the violence that the Officers brought to the situation! The amount of violence used on this elderly man was excessive!

Flash

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    This was not a violent situation but the goon squad changed all that.

And all 3 have been suspended. As to being LEO, these Airport Security Officer guys are not part of CPD but they are employed by the City of Chicago. They are some weird hybrid between LEO and your run of the mill private security guard. They do have arrest powers but aren't permitted to carry guns (good thing, LOL).

I posted a link to their job description in post #75 but am putting it here as well:
    https://www.cityofchicago.org/conte...ial_Series/4210_AVIATION_SECURITY_OFFICER.pdf

Note that the job description says:
    Family: Public Safety
    Service: Operation and Construction
    Group: Building Maintenance and Operations
    Series: Custodial

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    all private citizens have arrest powers as long as they witness a felony and can reasonably detain and arrest someone without use of force.

Didn't stop the mall cops, er, I mean the Aviation Security Officers. And I am pretty sure Dao didn't commit a felony by sitting in his assigned seat.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

This was not a violent situation but the goon squad changed all that. The Officers should have issued the Doctor as many citations as the situation warranted then advised United personnel to put their big boy pants on until a judge sorted this mess out with his ruling.

There was NO excuse for the violence that the Officers brought to the situation! The amount of violence used on this elderly man was excessive!

Flash

No, once the flight crew told him to leave he was trespassing and interfering with a flight crew. If you invite someone to your house and then decide you want them to leave and they refuse, you just have to deal with it?

The money has nothing to do with the criminal aspect. He does not have to receive the refund before he is subject to the trespassing law, nor the interference with flight crew law.

Top Bottom