• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    There was a Man Cave section, was it in the paid member area? So sorry I missed that, if you don't like looking at attractive women then you are either a woman yourself or just can't appreciate beauty! As far as a family friendly site I don't know what is still taboo in our culture, I would rather a 12 year old boy see a tasteful nude rather then two house hunting homosexuals on HGTV.

TRIXXTERR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Bertram,Tx Burnet,Tx
    Whoa, I leave for a few weeks. And when I come back!! The whole world is turned topsy turvy. I'm reading the board as fast as I can, but anyone wanna fill me in and give me the clif notes, so far!? I've covered the filter topic, new introduction one and this one, besides the man cave what other changes have I missed.

TRIXXTERR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Bertram,Tx Burnet,Tx
    entire pages of complaining and whining.

Well, ok. That is to be expected with a change such as this. I'm a lil uneasy about the sale of the board, and the possibility of major changes, but ill just be optimistic and hope for the best and see what happens. Hopefully those with the fear of this great board, failing will not come to pass. I do not post very often, but I am here a lot reading and enjoying the boards. Hopefully that will continue to be the case.

As for the censorship, not a fan. Freedom of speech is important....

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I hope Alan sees whats become of this site, and starts another that we can join.

Usually, when a company buys out another company, the man (or woman) in charge isn't allowed to run another company like it for a certain amount of time. I think with this situation, he was saying he can't make another gun forum for 3 years. I'd have to go back and check.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Usually, when a company buys out another company, the man (or woman) in charge isn't allowed to run another company like it for a certain amount of time. I think with this situation, he was saying he can't make another gun forum for 3 years. I'd have to go back and check.

Yep, pretty much SOP.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I don't know nuttin' about "usually" or "SOP" on non-compete clauses but if I'm the seller and someone wants me to sign it, I damn well better get paid HANDSOMELY or it ain't happnin'!

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I don't know nuttin' about "usually" or "SOP" on non-compete clauses but if I'm the seller and someone wants me to sign it, I damn well better get paid HANDSOMELY or it ain't happnin'!

I'm sure he was paid what it was worth. As much as I don't like the changes, I understand he had an unrelated situation that he had to address - I don't know all the details and I wasn't in it so I don't want to go second-guessing his choice.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    My previous comment stands alone for a reason. It is in no way directly related to the sale of TGT.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

He was paid well enough to sign on the dotted line. I wish him nothing but the best.

As for all the new changes, I keep seeing the new ownership posting up comments and offering compromises and wanting to work things out. They also seem willing to add items to the forum that didn't exist or had problems before. I don't mind seeing a few asterisks now and then instead of words. Not really sure where the naked ladies were on here (too bad), but if I really want to see any, I bet I can find plenty of pictures on the www.

I only wish our elected officials seemed as willing to listen, respond, and act according to the public will as these guys seem to be trying to.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    He was paid well enough to sign on the dotted line. I wish him nothing but the best.

As for all the new changes, I keep seeing the new ownership posting up comments and offering compromises and wanting to work things out. They also seem willing to add items to the forum that didn't exist or had problems before. I don't mind seeing a few asterisks now and then instead of words. Not really sure where the naked ladies were on here (too bad), but if I really want to see any, I bet I can find plenty of pictures on the www.

I only wish our elected officials seemed as willing to listen, respond, and act according to the public will as these guys seem to be trying to.

Well stated.
    I concur.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Amen brother. Some of us are just going about doing our mischievous things just for fun, but I agree wholeheartedly. I actually like that we've got a "site supporter" link at the top. For $10 a year, I get 20x more information entertainment off of here than watching the idiot box.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    It's the members who make up a site. The only way the site changes is if we have a mass exodus. Having new owners won't change this place THAT much.

It's the members who post. It's the members who respond.

Top Bottom