• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I'm not going anywhere right now. I like this place and hope I can can continue to say so. Everywhere I am now is someplace I was already registered before the announcement

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Should have posted it for sale in the classifieds section first ;)

That makes me wonder, if anyone cares to answer. How exactly did the transaction come to be? Is there a place to post forums like this for sale, or was it more along the lines of unsolicited offers coming in and they just threw so much money at Alan he had to take it?

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    That makes me wonder, if anyone cares to answer. How exactly did the transaction come to be? Is there a place to post forums like this for sale, or was it more along the lines of unsolicited offers coming in and they just threw so much money at Alan he had to take it?

I can't speak for this specific transaction but there are sites out there for selling domains and sites. Places like NamePros.com or sedo.com allow people to list their domain for sale. Value is basically determined by things such as web traffic and daily income. Stats like daily unique visitors, page views, Facebook shares, tweets, and much more all factor into the potential price.

In college I would secure domains and start web communities before major upcoming trends (primarily video games and technology upcoming releases). I would develop them until what I deemed was the high point in that trend and then sell them off to someone looking to develop that traffic and revenue stream further.

I have no clue what the sale price of TGT was and don't believe its any of our business but a site like this should fall somewhere in the $12,000 to $18,000 range as is with the potential to easily grow. Again, pure speculation based off of my past experiences but I would imagine the site generates between $25-50 per day including donations.

Last edited:

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    How does it generate anything without ads?

Different sites generate in different ways. Some sell links, some sell user info, run ads, sell sponsor slots, sell memberships, sell merchandise, run affiliate programs, or take donations, etc.
    It looks like I accidentally said not including donations when I meant including them. I figure TGT mainly generates income through sponsors, member level donations, and other donations.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Welcome. I'm glad to see the "Manning up the Man Cave" thread gone.

There's nothing manly about that thread. Real men strive to avoid the objectification of women, instead of encouraging it.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park

There's nothing manly about that thread. Real men strive to avoid the objectification of women, instead of encouraging it.

Never visited the thread but I see nothing wrong with appreciating the female form as long as you are still viewing her as a human and not an object for your pleasure.

zenfly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013

I never noticed it was there.. I've only been here for a while.. The first I looked at here was the political forum and found TGT wasn't full of idiots.. Good gun talk too.. I hope the moderators and members stay the same and long live TGT..

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

Oh, sheesh. I've never met a woman who said such things who wasn't hostile and jealous of other women. That's considering you're a woman and not a "Feminist" male.

There's nothing wrong with objectification, either. That's the entire basis of aesthetics. Women's bodies are works of art whether you like it or not.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom