• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    No offense intended. Anybody who doesn't show is a wimp.
    - Icy roads = wimp
    - Got caught in traffic from 300 miles away = wimp
    - Broke your leg on way and had to be medevac'd to the hospital = wimp
    - One of your parents died and you were at the funeral = wimp
    - Boss threatens to fire you if you leave for lunch, so you don't = wimp
    - Wife threatens to leave you if you go to lunch with us, so you don't = wimp
    - Gotta go look at a used 1911 some guy has for sale 150 miles away and you can't convince him to come do the sale here = Come on now, we're not heartless. We understand this one.

Great to read that you will now be showing up 100% until the end of time (unless you think all of us have memories like sieves). ;)

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    As long as you don't have some kind of initiation rite like "Noobs Pay", I'd like to watch you guys eat lunch some Friday.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    As long as you don't have some kind of initiation rite like "Noobs Pay", I'd like to watch you guys eat lunch some Friday.

You going to eat as well or just watch us? That will seem a little weird. Hah. No, we have no initiation rites.

It's Wednesday. Throw some ideas out there.........or I will just pick something nasty. :laughing:

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    It's Wednesday. Throw some ideas out there.........or I will just pick something nasty. :laughing:

I'll propose opposite ends of the spectrum...We could return to Texas Rib Kings or dine at the Taco, Taco Cabana...BUT, I would be up for something new and different as well! Hey! It's an election year...you don't expect a straight answer, do you?

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    I could go for Texas Rib Kings if you want Mexican I would suggest Travis's Favorite place, The Texican Cafe or the Mexican restaurant we went to on anderson ln. I forget the name but that place has a lunch buffet. I would avoid anything with the discription Little since we have had people in the past just show up and leave because there was not enough room for all of us to sit.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I could go for Texas Rib Kings if you want Mexican I would suggest Travis's Favorite place, The Texican Cafe or the Mexican restaurant we went to on anderson ln. I forget the name but that place has a lunch buffet. I would avoid anything with the discription Little since we have had people in the past just show up and leave because there was not enough room for all of us to sit.

Was on a plane. Meant this one, marked in Yelp as Good for Groups: Yes (a great search filter, BTW). Have been there with a group of 8, but recent TGT lunches have been 16 and that might be a squeeze. Here's their dining room.

You've seen me - I certainly don't look picky and have no problems with anywhere. Simply offering to be helpful, and CR is cheaper than Texican. There's a LOT of stuff in that area, though, to help those that are north.

My favorite Chinese food is in that area, too, "Super China," but there's no way at all we'd fit in that place, even with a smaller group.

There are a few places on Parmer near Apple and there's all the stuff around Northcross Mall that's been dropped in, too.

Personally, I thought the recommendation for Mongo Fire was a great idea!

Last edited:

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Rib Kings it is.

BC -Mongo Fire sounds good for next week. Can you verify if they have the parking and seating to accomodate a group of 10-15.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom