0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    the-stupid-it.jpg

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You've committed felonies you don't even know exist.

There's a big difference between breaking an obscure law no one knows about, and breaking several laws that are well known to be felonies. Strawman sales, buying and selling guns without an FFL, and lying to an investigator are all well known felonies that your not just going to accidentally break in the way he did. He knew exactly what he was doing, and was stupid about how he did it. BOSs aside, your just an idiot if you commit a crime and purposely create a paper trail. Stupid should come at a cost, and he definitely paid.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You are asked about a couple guns. You show them all your BoSs but can't find the one for a gun they ask about.

It's found later and they charge you with obstruction because the guy turns out to be a felon and you had evidence you didn't provide.

Drain your bank account beating that rap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So we have seen a couple of examples of how a BOS has hurt someone are there some real life examples of where it has helped ?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    There's a big difference between breaking an obscure law no one knows about, and breaking several laws that are well known to be felonies. Strawman sales, buying and selling guns without an FFL, and lying to an investigator are all well known felonies that your not just going to accidentally break in the way he did. He knew exactly what he was doing, and was stupid about how he did it. BOSs aside, your just an idiot if you commit a crime and purposely create a paper trail. Stupid should come at a cost, and he definitely paid.

well, it's not like the BATFE has ever maliciously prosecuted anyone.

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/08/the-strange-case-of-fbi-agent-john-shipley/#axzz4Wy81QSRJ

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I trade guns only for fun. It's not a "blood sport" with me, a business or a trap to get the other guy to be at fault for anything that goes south, later.

The deals should be discussed on the phone or text/email. If something like a BOS is sprung on me at the last minute in person, the deal is off, the door is slammed and I'm gone. If you can't hold a man to his word, then don't do business with him at all!

Please remember, the number one rule about trading guns......"Don't fall in love with the damned gun. Be ready to walk away if there is anything that feels, appears or smells bad. Walk away and don't look back."

Flash

JD9305

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Austin & Ranch in Llano
    Aside from being a completely ridiculous scenario, that buyers BoS is worthless unless it's notarized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sign contracts weekly. Does that mean since they are not notarized they will not hold up in a court of law? Im on the side of no notarization needed to uphold a contract or BOS but with that said unless I was purchasing a gun for several thousand dollars I would not sign a bill of sale.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    JD (and others who stated same), why does a purchase of multi-thousands of dollars justify a BOS but one of say $600 doesn't?

JD9305

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Austin & Ranch in Llano
    Coiled.....I can only relate to my business so heres how i see things. On service calls over a days work or around 1200 dollars we require signatures on work orders. Anything under that I figure we will either get paid or make up for it later on down the road. I run an electrical business and we do both service and new construction. The new construction work is covered by a contract with a signature only and in 11 years in business a signature is ALL it has taken to hold the other party liable. With that said I guess everyone would have a different idea of where they would be wary of whatever but for me its thousands and not hundreds.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Coiled.....I can only relate to my business so heres how i see things. On service calls over a days work or around 1200 dollars we require signatures on work orders. Anything under that I figure we will either get paid or make up for it later on down the road. I run an electrical business and we do both service and new construction. The new construction work is covered by a contract with a signature only and in 11 years in business a signature is ALL it has taken to hold the other party liable. With that said I guess everyone would have a different idea of where they would be wary of whatever but for me its thousands and not hundreds.

Sounds like a poor business plan honestly.

The value of a firearm has no merit on how worthless a BOS is, notorized or not.

JD9305

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Austin & Ranch in Llano
    Sounds like a poor business plan honestly.

The value of a firearm has no merit on how worthless a BOS is, notorized or not.
    Lol.... Value has no meaning but a signature is a protection. Like I said I wouldnt need one unless the VALUE was over several thousand dollars but if it was u would sign it or not do business with me. Its just my opinion dont get all pissed off.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Lol.... Value has no meaning but a signature is a protection. Like I said I wouldnt need one unless the VALUE was over several thousand dollars but if it was u would sign it or not do business with me. Its just my opinion dont get all pissed off.

Like the 39 on the Constitution for our RKBA? No BOS was mentioned then yet, items were sold in those days and prior to then.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Never quite understood the whole signature on a contract being legal and binding without being notarized or approved by a court beforehand. But a BOS with signatures pretty much ain't worth the paper it is written on.
    A signature on a piece or paper does not make you anymore honest or trust worthy wether you call it a bill of sale or a contract.
    If you can't be trusted, the type of paper it's on won't make any difference.
    sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Last edited:

JD9305

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Austin & Ranch in Llano
    Never quite understood the whole signature on a contract being legal and binding without being notarized or approved by a court beforehand. But a BOS with signatures pretty much ain't worth the paper it is written on.
    A signature on a piece or paper does not make you anymore honest or trust worthy wether you call it a bill of sale or a contract.
    If you can't be trusted, the type of paper it's on won't make any difference.
    sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Let me refresh here. A handshake is usually all I need. BUT.....there is a lot of shady mofos out there so why why not get the signature?

Top Bottom