• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    A BOS is NOTHING like registration. It is a receipt, nothing more, nothing less. It's not going to become the means by which the Government comes to take your guns, and it's not a danger to anyone. It is a RECEIPT. Nobody here has even hinted at making them mandatory. I'm not even seeing anyone claim that you absolutely should get one, only list reasons why they might want one. If you want to talk about back door registration, then bring up the 4473. I will agree with you on that all day long. Claiming that a BOS (that only two people are ever going to know exists) is a form of registration is a bit much though.

I'm not trusting of the Government or their "common sense gun laws" BS, but damn, some of you guys are paranoid.

The fact that gun rights have been expanded greatly over the last two decades, and that is shows absolutely no sign of slowing down should show you that gun owners are not going to do something stupid like allow registration. The truth about gun control has been let out like it has never been let out before, and there is a more pro gun attitude in America than there has ever been in it's entire history.

No where did I use the word registration or did I say anyone was coming to take anyone's guns. RIF.

I did say that not keeping up an argument and education against using a BOS will keep it from becoming something that is accepted by the majority of this community. Right now you are a minority in the way you think, but without others debating BOS use, it could become more common over time and even used as a "common sense" gun control solution using the then gun community's ignorance against them.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    No where did I use the word registration or did I say anyone was coming to take anyone's guns. RIF.

I did say that not keeping up an argument and education against using a BOS will keep it from becoming something that is accepted by the majority of this community. Right now you are a minority in the way you think, but without others debating BOS use, it could become more common over time and even used as a "common sense" gun control solution using the then gun community's ignorance against them.
    I just came in to mention that.

If a BOS becomes the norm then it is easier to pass as law. Keep expanding on that and soon we have to turn them in to the .gov.

It is easy to say a BOS is a minor thing, but it is a baby step in the wrong direction.

The old saying of "even the longest journey starts with a single step" comes to mind.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    If I want to sign something, I'll go to a FFL
    If I want a record, I'll go to a FFL

I don't need either.
    The government does.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Actually, you're the minority here. Most in this thread are in the "I don't care either way" camp it seems. There's only a small handful of die hard "we hate BOS" members.

your fears about BOSs are unfounded. It's a receipt, and no one wants to make them even remotely mandatory.

Ultimately the government decides that so hopefully you are okay with their decision.

Ultimately, the court decides that if the Feds want to make an issue out of it. If they want to get you, they'll get you regardless of whether you have a pile of BOSs.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Your fears of not getting a BoS are unfounded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    I had a private gun seller who tried to get me to show my driver's license once. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti

silenceoflambs4.jpg

ROTFLMAO Best one yet

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Maybe they want it just for a record, maybe they want it for insurance purposes or just in case they get a misrepresented gun and want to take the guy to court over it. Maybe they just like keeping their receipts (I still have the receipts to every gun I have ever bought from a gun shop).

If you are willing to talk about the beliefs behind your decisions, we can help you get over it. You are simply mistaken, or confused. Philosophically the "BOS for firearms" is in the
    "common sense gun control" camp. The mere idea is wrong.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    If we are counting I am firmly against BOS

Actually, you're the minority here. Most in this thread are in the "I don't care either way" camp it seems. There's only a small handful of die hard "we hate BOS" members.

your fears about BOSs are unfounded. It's a receipt, and no one wants to make them even remotely mandatory.

Ultimately, the court decides that if the Feds want to make an issue out of it. If they want to get you, they'll get you regardless of whether you have a pile of BOSs.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    A bill of sale protects both parties.

Be well.

If you don't explain how, I'll just assume you can't back up your claim because you are completely wrong.

Hint: I know you'll never come back and your statement is false

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Liberals like "feel good" stuff that doesn't actually do any good.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Want to sell me your gun? I'll show you a driver's license with my picture on it to prove I'm a Texas residence but you're not going to copy anything down. You've just cleared yourself of any liability. I give you the money, you give me the gun, and as far as we are concerned we have both met out legal obligations (more than necessary, actually). :green:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Want to sell me your gun? I'll show you a driver's license with my picture on it to prove I'm a Texas residence but you're not going to copy anything down. You've just cleared yourself of any liability. I give you the money, you give me the gun, and as far as we are concerned we have both met out legal obligations (more than necessary, actually).

Yep, that is what I do.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Again, RIF, never said anything specifically about the majority/minority's count referring solely to TGT. The wording I used was "this community" referring to the gun community at large and not just our little slice of heaven here. I thought that was obvious being I believe I used the words "gun community " prior to that statement as well as after.

As I stated, my concerns were for a later time down the road if the gun community continued on the road to accepting BOS as SOP. SO being unfounded is all it can be until that point in the future you can prove such.

And again, I never said the word "mandatory" anywhere. Not sure where you are reading where I said that word in any of my posts.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    As I've stated here before. Sold a few guns FTF. Had one that resulted in a phone call from local PD. If I'd been willing to lie I could have reclaimed the weapon. Told them I traded it off and that was the end of the story. No threats from the police. I had done nothing wrong and they were aware of that.
    The best way to avoid the above is not to buy new guns. The 4473 is a form of registration where the dealer has to store the paperwork. When the government goes looking the dealer is required to give them the form. If they go out of business the government gets the forms directly. Does anyone think they destroy them?
    When I do a FTF I actually ask if the buyer is a resident and legally can own the weapon. If he says even jokingly "no" I won't sell to him. If yes is the answer, I've done my job. If I need the money or want the gun and the other guy wants a BOS, I can live with that and will comply, its no big deal. Just a useless piece of paper. And if you want info from me, I expect yours as well.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom