• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Know where you should and shouldn't shoot, lay out your furniture to take advantage of those places and get any quality SD ammo and practice.
    Hurley's Gold

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

Why anybody who thinks that a round that (even supposedly) can't go through sheetrock will stop an attacker is beyond me. Am I the only one here that's punched a hole in a wall?

And, in contrast, I've put .357 magnums through 13 sheets of plywood which carries a projectile easily beyond next door. If you don't like them....don't buy them. I don't use them any more as I've changed to a semi auto and don't trust them without shooting a lot of them.

For an apartment dweller, I vote for a shotgun with birdshot. The guys will piss on that idea but I've loaded birdshot and buckshot for years and blasted about everything known to man with it. At 10-15 feet it's insanely destructive but it carries and penetrates little.

Flash

Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Right - shot is great, but the idea is the single punch through clothing and skin, with the poly ball up front, then wide dispersal if shot in multiple directions. In 1-3 inches, you can punch holes in almost all organs, lungs, heart, etc... More likely to puncture arteries, ligaments, etc in fewer shots. I like the idea how this works. Massive bleeding drops perps better than a non- critical hole...

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Right - shot is great, but the idea is the single punch through clothing and skin, with the poly ball up front, then wide dispersal if shot in multiple directions. In 1-3 inches, you can punch holes in almost all organs, lungs, heart, etc... More likely to puncture arteries, ligaments, etc in fewer shots. I like the idea how this works. Massive bleeding drops perps better than a non- critical hole...
    Glasers do terrible against people. The 3 inches of penetratiin is in gel.

You should do some research. You are fooling yourself.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Most of what you just said is incorrect as it pertains to reaching vitals.

When it comes to the heart and lungs there are a lot of bones in the way that are going to put the breaks on it pretty quick.

Even in softer area like the stomach I don't see them penetrating the muscles to do any real damage.

Now think about someone with a heavy build and a jacket, you just pissed him off.

Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Um the research put it at 7.8 inches in gel ?? Or did I read that wrong?

Hey I'm not taking it personal, nor do I hope you are... I've never shot a human with it. My brother, however, a ballistics expert has a lot of positive things to say about it...

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Most of what you just said is incorrect as it pertains to reaching vitals.

When it comes to the heart and lungs there are a lot of bones in the way that are going to put the breaks on it pretty quick.

Even in softer area like the stomach I don't see them penetrating the muscles to do any real damage.

Now think about someone with a heavy build and a jacket, you just pissed him off.

With bird shot and the safety slugs.

Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    They have the heavier version too for what they call colder climates where you expect heavier clothing..

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Um the research put it at 7.8 inches in gel ?? Or did I read that wrong?

Hey I'm not taking it personal, nor do I hope you are... I've never shot a human with it. My brother, however, a ballistics expert has a lot of positive things to say about it...

Rofl. Define "ballistics expert". Riddle me this, Batman. If Glaser are the shit, why are no LE agencies using them, no Security Companies authorizing them, and everyone here telling you they suck?

Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Lol - getting too emotionally charged... But it's not a LEO round. Nor an investigator or otherwise. As I understand it, it's a specific design to minimize likelihood of accidents in close quarters around others. It's certainly a sacrifice as I see it but trying to balance power with safety.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I will also point out that the rounds design minimizes the likelihood it will stop an attacker.

Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    And as far as my brother he's a professional weapons and shooting trainer, as well as an expert marksman. He knows a little...

Otherwise, it's clear there's no perfect round, including these...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And as far as my brother he's a professional weapons and shooting trainer, as well as an expert marksman. He knows a little...

Otherwise, it's clear there's no perfect round, including these...

Marksmanship is a great skill, however marksmanship and terminal ballistics are to completely different animals.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Lol - getting too emotionally charged... But it's not a LEO round. Nor an investigator or otherwise. As I understand it, it's a specific design to minimize likelihood of accidents in close quarters around others. It's certainly a sacrifice as I see it but trying to balance power with safety.

It does not reduce accidents, it easily passes through sheetrock, and it does not penetrate enough to incapacitate. How do you see that as any advantage?

Why would I want to carry a round law enforcement would not carry? Also, founded not answer me. Define ballistics expert. Explain why no agency who goes into harms way would use Glaser. Even trigger Air Marshals don't.

Top Bottom