• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Grapevine
    That would be highly inhuman and signs of a bad hunter. You want to make sure that any shot you take on the animal will kill it without suffering.

then I guess there is no need to bow hunt or use a crossbow.... animals don't always fall on the first shot.... this isnt a PERFECT world like you think....

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I have been hunting my whole life and one of the first things i was taught was to be an ethical hunter. IF you cant take the shot without causing the animal to suffer then you shouldnt take the shot.

JoeB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Grapevine
    I have been hunting my whole life and one of the first things i was taught was to be an ethical hunter. IF you cant take the shot without causing the animal to suffer then you shouldnt take the shot.
    so have I and was taught about ethics, but that doesnt mean it doesnt happen... beside if he thinks that the glaser bullet is so good then there should be no problem...

Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Wow.... Wild boar in Texas are big rodents that will eat you.

Being sensitive about wild boars? I don't think so.

LOL - sensitivity... Think any other predator thinks about pain and suffering?? LOL

Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Think life is an Avatar movie??? Lol

Think I care about a robber/mugger/rapist and whether or not they suffer as they bleed out???

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Problem Solved.... maybe some people not need to attack others and give advice....

There was no attack. I said "That would be highly inhuman and signs of a bad hunter. You want to make sure that any shot you take on the animal will kill it without suffering." There was no attack there it was a simple statement, using an inhuman method is unethical and good hunters are ethical therefore inhuman methods are a sign of a bad hunter.
    I did not say you are a bad hunter, that would be an attack. But there is enough evidence out there to suggest that the round in question would not do a good enough job for this task.

Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Ever shot a boar? No matter what you shoot, if you don't hit the right spot first, no ammo will drop one immediately.

And any hunting is an attack.

And killing ants with Amdro would be inhumane by those standards...

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Ever shot a boar? No matter what you shoot, if you don't hit the right spot first, no ammo will drop one immediately.

Yes i have hunted hog.
    But the point is if you cant take that shot then you shouldn't take the shot. If it is charging you and you have to take a shot to defend your self that is a different story but if you are hunting and it doesnt present the right target then you wait or you let it pass.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    No they dont. In fact, they pass right through several layers of sheetrock. They do not provide enough penetration in humans to be effective. They are a gimmick. Invest in hollowpoints and train.

This is the truth. This is why no one really ever uses or recommends Glaser's. They're trash.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    You guys do this constantly. If the OP wants to use Glasers, then he should go ahead and do that. You beat down opposing points of view, and keep hammering away until the guy is ready to toss his ammo away. What the Hell is wrong with you?

I see a role for Glasers in close quarters and crowded environments. In fact, I'll drag my Glasers back out to utilize them in home defense just to spite you. If he wants to use Glasers then speak your mind as a fellow member, then get off of his ass and let him formulate his own opinion.

Flash

Last edited:

Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Funny. We get the same kinds of dialog on a motorcycle site if you ask people about which is the best oil, petroleum-based or synthetic...

Lots of hearsay, barely any real 1st-hand knowledge, lots of opinions, staunch personal opinions that each side is full of idiots... Regurgitation of net stuff I can look up on my own...

My mistake to ask on that way, but definitely stirred up something!

I should have asked, "has anyone shot a live human with this ammo and had good or bad results?"

Top Bottom