• F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Any Olds fans?

1009690_10151604757917582_1066511459_o.jpg

I would think there is an Olds forum somewhere on the web where folks restore these things and are serious about them. Some of them are bound to have money or know who does. You can probably tell by just reading the forum and seeing who is dropping major coin on the cars. Might give you an anonymous way to get some values. Just don't share the location with anyone to be on the safe side.

There is No way this.....

2015-Chevrolet-Corvette-C7-Z06-3.jpg

Will ever be a Classic Musclecar ..........

Bigger question is, will it still run in 40 years or will the composites and computers and relays have given up?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Good question, Chris.

The composites will hold up if the car has been garaged rather than sitting out 24 hours, 365 days.

Some parts will probably fail. But then how long does a 70's era mechanical fuel pump or alternator last (not very long, I can tell you from experience)? Points and condensers have to be replaced. The rubber seals used in that era are inferior. Etc., etc. So I really don't know that there is a huge difference in that respect.

Perhaps the question is "will the needed parts be available?"

Don't get me wrong, I love the old cars. Used to restore and drive them. But I also remember how often parts failed and how much I worked on them.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Thanks. Have to say that Firebird is awesome!

Used to be on the PY Forums for years until moving to Houston in '08. Kind of dropped off the map after that. Still have the original RAIII engine sitting in the garage, with a $12K Butler built 462 power plant he built for the Engine Masters contest several years ago giving the power now. Wife wanted me to sell it for a while (why you see the "for sale" signs), but not really trying. Kind of hard getting rid of something I've had longer than both wives combined, HA! $10-11K for you guys kicking it around is not going to do it, but $15k may twist my arm.

$15k for a Goat with a RA3 motor and a Bulter in it? What's behind the Butler? A Rock Crusher? I'm not sure I understand what is going on here? If that's the price for everything you keep the wife and I'll be down there tomorrow with $15k for everything else.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I want to race with you guys too.

I will pick the track (and it is gonna look like knee deep mud).

07d1da385f87bdecd37a22868c80cb1e.jpg

Specs? 1990 5 ton. 6 cylinder 8.3L Cummins turbo diesel. Horsepower? Yes, has some. Torque? Yes, some of that too. 6x6? Yup. 0-60? About 15 minutes downhill with a tailwind. Quarter mile? A dollar's worth of diesel or so.

Sorry, y'all were getting pretty serious and needed a derail.

Carry on.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    No kidding! Up 183 N, there is a yard full of them and the guy sells bobbed 4x4 Duece's with fresh paint for $9k.

"Extraterrestrial Response Squad" or something rather is spray painted on the rear bumper of each one he sells.
    Where is that?

I don't think you will find junkers for $9k from the guy past Liberty Hill. His prices are a little up there.

There was/ is a bobbed Deuce off New Hope for $20k and that seems to be the going rate for them. $5-6k will get you a decent unmodified Deuce or 5 ton.

Top Bottom