20140131_142535_zps6f76534e.jpg

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    There were <100 examples made of my particular trim level '12 Vette. I think it will be the next big ticket Vette auction item a couple decades after I die lol

GWGriggs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Houston
    Damn sweet ride right there! Are you a member of POCI and the PY Forums? I am. If you are send me a PM and I'll share my user name

Thanks. Have to say that Firebird is awesome!

Used to be on the PY Forums for years until moving to Houston in '08. Kind of dropped off the map after that. Still have the original RAIII engine sitting in the garage, with a $12K Butler built 462 power plant he built for the Engine Masters contest several years ago giving the power now. Wife wanted me to sell it for a while (why you see the "for sale" signs), but not really trying. Kind of hard getting rid of something I've had longer than both wives combined, HA! $10-11K for you guys kicking it around is not going to do it, but $15k may twist my arm.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    nice whip. is that a Sprint 6? rare bird

probably gets driven 10 times a year.

Yes it is. Family owned since April 4th of 1969. I have all of the dealer documentation and Protect-O-Plate. Has 63k undocumented miles with the original drive train and everything else from the factory. Documented from PHS 213 produced and this one was made in Van Nuys CA on October 28th 1968. I drive it maybe four or five times a year since I haven't been joining in on any "rides" or "tours" at all. Its never been in a show and I do not like crowds so I take it to the country and open it up on occasion. Yes it will tear the tires off and when the secondaries on the factory Quadrajet open it has great power up to 5500 rpms. I very rarely if ever beat on it since it isn't a race car or meant to tear it up down the quarter mile. Great car to drive and enjoy.

I have been working on keeping it 100% factory original since I bought it in 1990. Finding and collecting the rare parts for it is extremely difficult and an arduous process. I now have two spare blocks and one of them being a 69 Sprint that I can pick parts from. The camshafts are the rarest of all to find and it has taken me 25 years to find just two. Carburetors are HTF where I have just one spare but the date codes are to new to use it for show. Idle stop solenoids are impossible to find as we share those with the 440 "Six Pack" cars.

The OHC "Cammer" has taken off during the last five years and has finally been recognized in the car collector arena. Two years ago a "incorrect" 69 Sprint Vert like mine went for $40,000 which is a good nickel for one that needed some corrections. During the last 25 years of scouring yards, car shows, car clubs I have fond just 12 69 Sprint Verts with their original drive trains and worthy of restoring and driving. Most of these cars survived from being sold and living their lives in California whereas the others were babied from the dealership floor.

The reason why it hasn't been driven much is that I have been spending so much time on this high 11's bike. It is for sale if anyone is looking.

valkyrie.jpg

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I will find you and slap you if you don't keep that bird original. Thanks for sharing.

Those cammers are underappreciated and underrated, but suit ponycars like that bird very well.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom