ARJ Defense ad

Good guy with gun stops shooting at mall in Greenwood, Indiana.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    They revised the timeline today. The shooter was neutralized in 15 seconds from coming out of the bathroom.

10 shots fired, 8 hits, starting from 40-50 yards away. Very impressive!

Dead before the first 911 call!!!
    Lots of comments here and on many 2A advocate YouTube channels about the good guy vs bad guy, stress, time, distance factors. This is the first video I have seen so far of one shooting a steel target 40 yds out with ten rounds in 10 seconds. Lots of differences of course with the actual event and not knowing what gun our hero used. But just imagine the chaos and stress going on during the mall shooting. There were lots of very lucky people in the food court that day.

At that distance and par time I would need a red dot sight and somehow brace self/shooting arm/hand.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I’m not saying it’s not possible and would really like 8/10 hits at 40 yards to be true. For me, it’s impressive either way. I just want to see the layout of the killers position and the shooters position. All that’s coming I’m sure.

Reactions: gll

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Not taking a doggone thing away from this gent. A true hero. But I really think when the dust settles we’ll be looking at 40 ft distance. Not 40 yards.
    I’m not saying it’s not possible and would really like 8/10 hits at 40 yards to be true. For me, it’s impressive either way. I just want to see the layout of the killers position and the shooters position. All that’s coming I’m sure.

Dickens was a complete bad ass that day, but after looking at some images, I too have some reservations about the stated distance.

Here is a photo of the food court area of the Greenwood Park Mall. The shooter was neutralized in the area by the restrooms next to Asian Chao. Dickens, along with his girlfriend were in the food court, at the time, then he stationed himself at the pillar for cover for his first shots, then reportedly moving forward engaging the shooter.

This is the map of the area. If drawn up in scale, I find it less than likely that the distance from the pillar to Asian Chao is 120 feet

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Dickens was a complete bad ass that day, but after looking at some images, I too have some reservations about the stated distance.

Here is a photo of the food court area of the Greenwood Park Mall. The shooter was neutralized in the area by the restrooms next to Asian Chao. Dickens, along with his girlfriend were in the food court, at the time, then he stationed himself at the pillar for cover for his first shots, then reportedly moving forward engaging the shooter.

This is the map of the area. If drawn up in scale, I find it less than likely that the distance from the pillar to Asian Chao is 120 feet
    What I don't see on your map is the cookie shop, which is where I understand Dickens and his girl were when the shooting started. If that is the only pillar in the area, then I think you are right..., but is that the only/right pillar?

Lot's of things have been said, but it's not like Dickens is the one making the claims for his prowess; he just did what he did and that was put the shooter down with 8 of 10... We have that from the ME.

You can almost count them...

imgur.com/FBwv5ws

Edit: The red block is Blondie's Cookies, where I think the girlfriend had said they were... What I have done here is apply a grid to the map assuming that the entrance to the restroom is 12 ft (4 yds) wide. The distance from the restroom to Blondie's Cookies is easily 40 yds.

Screenshot_20220721-154713_ImageMeter.jpg

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    received plays on CBS, NBC, NYT that I saw
    don't think that this quieted the Uvalde opprobrium, which seems appropriate to me, given the circumstances of the two shootings

I would have never known not giving them even a a nanosecond of my time...

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Not only did he have to place the shots from distance that seems father than most people qualify for an LTC with but don't forget the innocents running around panicked in front of his muzzle. That's my biggest fear in such hypothetical situations, the clueless general public.
    Unless we see the surveillance video, we will never know.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

If those floor tiles are 16”, which if you look at the chair near the pillar seems likely, just start counting. Remember 16” tile is 22”+ diagonal.

65 tiles or so would be about 40 yards.

ETA, the circle on the floor appears to be 12’+ inner diameter for scale.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Lots of comments here and on many 2A advocate YouTube channels about the good guy vs bad guy, stress, time, distance factors. This is the first video I have seen so far of one shooting a steel target 40 yds out with ten rounds in 10 seconds. Lots of differences of course with the actual event and not knowing what gun our hero used. But just imagine the chaos and stress going on during the mall shooting. There were lots of very lucky people in the food court that day.

At that distance and par time I would need a red dot sight and somehow brace self/shooting arm/hand.
    Here's a guy who does it with a revolver.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    Just a theory, and might be worthless.

I’m thinking that the 40 or so yards separating Eli from the dirtbag is what allowed him the opportunity to take a steady aim.

Dirtbag has tunnel vision, and only sees the closest targets. He shot the first guy in the bathroom hallway, which alerted Eli. Dirt bag is now deaf, and hyper focused on the closest people to him.
    I’m guessing he never heard Eli engaging him, because of the distance.

Just a thought, and I’ll be curious to find out if dead dirtbag ever attempted to engage Eli.

Time might tell….

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom