Gun Zone Deals

GOP nominee runoff for TX Lt Gov: Dewhurst or Patrick?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who's got your vote?

• Total voters

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Based on what I saw on here I thought Patterson was going to win or at least be in the runoff. I don't think TGT is representative of Texas republicans as a whole.

Right, I cited it as informal. Also, the "other" option in my poll is there because I thought, "Well, who is theDan going to vote for?"

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Alright folks, I was a Dewhurst guy in the beginning as I felt I owed him some allegiance for getting the prolife bill passed.

However, I got on board with Patterson and voted for him as Dewhurst isn't the fighter we need.

I've been going back and forth on this, but I've decided I'm voting for Dan Patrick for Lt Gov.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    the "other" option in my poll is there because I thought, "Well, who is theDan going to vote for?"
    I figured as much :laughing:
    I'm not gonna bother voting in the run off, but I haven't decided if I'm going to write in General Zod or Ming the Merciless in the general election.

Dewhurst's newly found supporters still have me a bit perplexed. I'm starting to wonder if Patrick's support is coming from the wrong people, or maybe there is some skeleton in his closet that will sink him for sure allowing the Dems to win Lt. Gov. That would be a bit hard to believe, tho. I bet if he wins the run off everybody will hug it out and be buddies again. Ain't politics great :p

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Based on what I saw on here I thought Patterson was going to win or at least be in the runoff. I don't think TGT is representative of Texas republicans as a whole.

Which is one reason I've heard Dan Patrick give for not pushing pro-2A bills. Neither he nor the party as a whole see a great deal of support or demand for any bills. So while the TGT community (and others) want Constitutional Carry and/or relaxation of the CHL regs, the pols in Austin aren't hearing it. Makes me wonder what all these 'gun rights' organizations are doing with the money we're sending them.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Somewhere in one of these threads someone said that Abbott plans to get open carry pushed through if hes elected. Anyone have a link to him saying that?

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Somewhere in one of these threads someone said that Abbott plans to get open carry pushed through if hes elected. Anyone have a link to him saying that?
    This is what I found. Not exactly a supporter of Constitutional Carry, but I guess that's a topic for another thread.

Top GOP candidates support 'open carry' in Texas - Houston Chronicle
    Attorney General Greg Abbott, the GOP's frontrunner for governor, said through a spokesman that he would push for a law to allow concealed handgun license holders to tote pistols openly if he takes the office.

Another source:
    GUN WATCH: Open Carry is Coming to Texas
    Greg Abbot will almost certainly be the Republican candidate for governor of Texas this year. He came out in favor of open carry over a year ago, and his support of open carry draws the most applause at campaign stops. It is not clear exactly what open carry policy Attorney General Abbot would support as Governor. It could be anything from the most common policy in the rest of the country, unrestricted open carry, to the less common but more restrictive policy of licensed open carry. Texas is currently one of five or six states, depending on how you define it, that explicitly bans the open carry of sidearms. Most people, given Texas' reputation as "gun friendly", find this surprising and inexplicable.

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I usually vote on the first day of early voting, which it today. But this time I am going to hold off to see if there are any more developments on these 2 clowns, er, I mean candidates.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    It's all over his Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/TexansForAbbott

We badly need Abbott in the governor's mansion!
    Where? I liked his page a long time ago and haveny seen any reference to being pro open carry. Of course that doesnt mean much since facebook doesnt always show every post from pages.
    Abbott is good to go. The quandary is what to do about the piss poor lt.gov. candidates we have :p
    I know hes good to go. Just wanted to see where he actually said he wants OC. Id love yo be able to OC since IWB is not comfortable at all for my string bean ass.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    My LG primary voting strategy: I can't choose between these 2 piss poor candidates, but I have decided on how to solve the problem.

Since it looks like Patrick is going to win anyway, I am going to vote for Dewhurst so in case Patrick turns out to be a worse LG I can say I told you so.

(this post intended as humor)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Attorney General Greg Abbott talks guns

I saved the last question of the interview to ask General Abbott if he supported open carry. I wanted to get a clear answer, so I just asked for a “Yes” or “No” answer and he responded with a, “Yes.” He later added that he felt an open carry law would have similar success as the Concealed Handgun License Laws have had in Texas.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I'm having a hard time figuring out Patterson's position....

First, he leaks the Patrick mental-hospital story. Then, when Dewhurst tries to distance himself from benefiting from it, Patterson claims that Dewhurst was in it from the beginning. About the only one he hasn't stabbed in the back is Van de Putte.....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom