Guns International

GOP nominee runoff for TX Lt Gov: Dewhurst or Patrick?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who's got your vote?

• Total voters

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I;m as confused as a newborn in a topless bar about all of this mud slinging.

I do know 2 things. Douchehurst is a loser RINO I want no part of. Dan Branch is on the Trilateral commission, Aspen Institute and Council on Foreign Relations and hangs out in Colorado with Saudi princes

I still have to go with Patrick at this point
    Texas SOT

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Dan Patrick is whining on Facebook again this morning so I sent him this message:

Wanna get my attention? Pay your freaking bills. Pay your freaking taxes. Quit being a whiney little crybaby and tell us what your plans for recovery are. Admit that you have screwed up in the past and that you continue to screw up in the present and will most assuredly screw up in the future. You're a silver spoon having, entitlement minded, self aggrandizing screw up. It's okay. It's just you. Acceptance is a step toward recovery.

With great power comes great responsibility.

You want the power but have proven yourself to be incapable of accepting responsibility.

You can't even balance your own checkbook so why in the Hell do you think we should trust you with ours?

By the way I have a strong dislike for you because you are forcing me to vote for David Dewhurst; a man I dislike slightly less than I dislike you.

The Tea Party really dropped the ball on this one.

-Me

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    His financial problems were 30 (thirty) years ago!
    In one of the "debates" when there were still 4 of them, I witnessed a female reporter (DMN, maybe?) set the stage for her question by very carefully and politely acknowledging that the bankruptcy erased his debts and that he was not legally required to pay them.

But then she asked him that, since he had been financially very successful and had made millions since, if he felt morally obligated to repay those debts discharged in bankruptcy.

He didn't answer at all. Instead he used his answer time to once again drive home one of his talking points. Didn't answer her question at all - didn't even acknowledge it. That is the kind of man he is.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    For those that want to hamner Patrick for owing money do you not realize that Dewgurst owes over a million as well? IMO theyre equal on their crappy finances. If I made millions 30 years after my bankruptcy I wouldnt repay those debts either. After bankruptcy your ass gets handed to you in interedt rates, if you fight back from that good for you. If you lost your job and had to file for bankruptcy then landed an awesome paying job would you repay that debt?

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    If you lost your job and had to file for bankruptcy then landed an awesome paying job would you repay that debt?
    Yes, I would. Sorry to hear you wouldn't. I would not have changed my name either.

And yes I know the dewdrop also filed banckruptcy, but I didn't see him asked the same question (someone should have, maybe they did, but I didn't see it). I did see and hear Patrick asked the question and was stunned by his totally ignoring the question and talking about something else.

Honestly, I wouldn't give you 2 cents for either one of them.

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    He didn't answer at all. Instead he used his answer time to once again drive home one of his talking points. Didn't answer her question at all - didn't even acknowledge it. That is the kind of man he is.

This is different than any other politician in any other debate how? I stopped watching debates when they stopped being debates and just became talking heads spewing their campaign rhetoric instead of actually debating or addressing the issues.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Yes, I would. Sorry to hear you wouldn't. I would not have changed my name either.

And yes I know the dewdrop also filed banckruptcy, but I didn't see him asked the same question (someone should have, maybe they did, but I didn't see it). I did see and hear Patrick asked the question and was stunned by his totally ignoring the question and talking about something else.

Honestly, I wouldn't give you 2 cents for either one of them.
    My remorse for any banking institution went right out the window when they were bailed out with my tax dollars. Itd be awesome for them to have to bail me out, then Id be getting some of my money back that the government stole off of me to give to them. Nevermind the ridiculous interest rate they get on fake money that's made up electronically then we get charged out the ass on. My mom was a banker for 28 years so Im a bit jaded by the whole monetary system this country has made. Only a government made bureaucracy could screw up our money as bad as the Fed.

Theyre both just as bad money wise, both filed for bankruptcy, both owe a ridiculous amount of money. When in a debate do you not see them spew the same talking points they always do? Hell look at the presidential debates and what a circus that was, had it not been for the liberal mediators helping Obama out they might've had a bit more substance though.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    You have a moral obligation to you family and an ethical obligation to pay your bills.
    Agreed, family first. But, in the case of the millionaires, that should not be an issue.

I can only speak for myself, but if I owe money to anyone, be it you or to a bank, and I have to file bankruptcy for relief from creditors, I would go the Chapter 11 route (reduced payment plan) if I could and only go Chaper 7 (full discharge of debt) if I had no other choice.

But even with a Chapter 7, if I had extra $ after taking care of my family, I would pay what I could to reduce and ultimately eleminate the debt even though I was not legally obligated to.

mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    Just a thought... goofy laws... once the debt is written off, what would you record a payback as on your taxes?

I'm not trying to be sympathetic, but we do find ourselves in a mess at so many levels.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Just a thought... goofy laws... once the debt is written off, what would you record a payback as on your taxes?

I'm not trying to be sympathetic, but we do find ourselves in a mess at so many levels.

I was wondering the same thing. Would the company receiving the repayment need to go back and amend their tax returns if they have already claimed it as a loss? Could it wind up costing a company more in the long run to accept such income today then whatever tax relief they where given for it at the time?

How about when the debtors assets are seized for payment during the bankruptcy process? Perhaps the creditor only received a portion of the debt through those sales. How or who goes about calculating just how much they received and how much you would owe?

I agree that if you owe a person money, you are obligated to pay that back, but in the case of business to business, is repayment something that is common practice?

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I was wondering the same thing. Would the company receiving the repayment need to go back and amend their tax returns if they have already claimed it as a loss? Could it wind up costing a company more in the long run to accept such income today then whatever tax relief they where given for it at the time?

How about when the debtors assets are seized for payment during the bankruptcy process? Perhaps the creditor only received a portion of the debt through those sales. How or who goes about calculating just how much they received and how much you would owe?

I agree that if you owe a person money, you are obligated to pay that back, but in the case of business to business, is repayment something that is common practice?
    And hypothetically if you paid back your bankruptcy debt would they bimp your credit score back up by not dinging your credit for the bankruptcy? Paying back debts to the bank after bankruptcy just isnt feasible.

I agree I would pay back money owed to a person I borrowed from. I hate owing people money because I'm afraid I'll forget and then have to have the awkward "why havent you paid me back" conversation. My work schedule didnt work out to meet up with a guy off here to buy some mags so I went ahead and paypaled the money so he doesnt feel like hes getting screwed. On a personal level paying back debts is much different than paying back a business that gets tax incentives, government loans, and involves the legal system that demolishes your credit and ability to recover from financial hardship.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    sometimes companies, hospitals, businesses will sell your debt to another company for pennies on the dollar. If you are knocked off your feet with a financial loss or a devastating medical expense and can't start to repay until a couple of years later, you can't pay the original people you owed the money to, because they wrote it off as bad debt and sold your account. They can't legally take your money even when you offer it.

You then must find out who owns the debt and attempt to pay them back.
    All I'm saying is that sometimes its not very simple to just go back years later and pay an old debt. You have to work at it.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    ^^^ After the bankruptcy process, would their be any debt to sell to another company?

man, I don't know the answer to that one. I just know that 25 years go, I had to have emergcey surgery just a couple weeks after getting out of the military and I had no insurance. I paid the hospital $50 a month, which was a big amount for me back then. I got a letter one day, after a year of taking my payments that they sold my account. A couple of years later, I was able to get with that company and pay a pecentage of the debt and it was considered paid in full. It made me feel better that I had paid the debt, but my credit took the ding for a few years. The point was, after I was back on my feet and had the money to pay the debt, the hospital wouldn't even talk to me about it because they had sold the debt

Top Bottom