• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I think @toddnjoyce voiced what many of us privately think when we see these introductions from Libby states. It’s not necessarily the new members on this forum; it’s the transplants that are not on this forum that I worry about. I have to think that for every new TGT introduction, there are an imbalanced number who bring their failing ideology with them.
    I hated that Musk moved his Tesla HQ to Texas, because I know the type of employees that anything Tech-related draws. Then, there’s the guy who wants to donate the land outside of Austin to lure Twitter from California. I say NO. WTF are you thinking?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I hated that Musk moved his Tesla HQ to Texas, because I know the type of employees that anything Tech-related draws.
    Careful with that assumption. Much like everything else in this world, that's just who is being highlighted in recent times. The strange ones are always the most vocal. Been in tech a long time, and the actual demographic has been pretty representative of the general population.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Texas needs a law stating that new arrivals have to maintain a Texas residence for five years before being eligible to vote in state and local elections. They can still vote for Fed offices, but not anything under state jurisdiction.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk
    So you are advocating denial of US citizens the right to vote in local and state elections for 5 years if they choose to move to Texas or the military stations them here or their job moves them here? I understand that the US Constitution is pretty clear on voting rights. and Texas is their state of residence

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    So you are advocating denial of US citizens the right to vote in local and state elections for 5 years if they choose to move to Texas or the military stations them here or their job moves them here? I understand that the US Constitution is pretty clear on voting rights. and Texas is their state of residence
    It’s not a permanent denial. You chose to move, you chose to not vote for five years. I would have gladly accepted the same thing when I moved here too had it been required.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

It’s not a permanent denial. You chose to move, you chose to not vote for five years. I would have gladly accepted the same thing when I moved here too had it been required.
    Not a denial, a delayed right to vote in state or local elections in Texas.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yes. But, in balance, I've considered how many more pro-Texas voters we can get after the newbies get used to Texas. A little patience pays off here....

Disagree. I would say the vast majority of people who move to Texas due so because their opinions align with the state.

Plus, such laws are unconstitutional under the Texas Bill of Rights Section 19 ("No citizen of this State shall be deprived of life, liberty, property, privileges or immunities, or in any manner disfranchised, except by the due course of the law of the land.").

Lastly, such a law would set a dangerous precedent. Suppressing a person's rights simply because you disagree with them is un-American.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

If you actually believe that, you shouldn't consider yourself a Texan. This state was founded on the rights of the individual, and suppressing such rights goes against the principles this great state was built on.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I think @toddnjoyce voiced what many of us privately think when we see these introductions from Libby states. It’s not necessarily the new members on this forum; it’s the transplants that are not on this forum that I worry about. I have to think that for every new TGT introduction, there are an imbalanced number who bring their failing ideology with them.
    I hated that Musk moved his Tesla HQ to Texas, because I know the type of employees that anything Tech-related draws. Then, there’s the guy who wants to donate the land outside of Austin to lure Twitter from California. I say NO. WTF are you thinking?

Sure, let's keep Texas in the stone age while tech companies and their high-paying jobs move to other states! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I would counter that newcomers who may not yet appreciate this state for what it is and the fundamental beliefs it was built on, may harm those things by voting against them. An acclimation period, to more fully appreciate what we have, and why, may help to preserve what we have.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Not a denial, a delayed right to vote in state or local elections in Texas.
    So would a delay also apply to right to carry? How about right to peaceful assembly and freedom of speech? I am not completely opposed to denying votes for people who claim homestead tax exemptions in other states or out of state students whose parents claim as a tax exemption in other states. A slippery slope tofuck around with the US Constituion

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    So would a delay also apply to right to carry? How about right to peaceful assembly and freedom of speech? I am not completely opposed to denying votes for people who claim homestead tax exemptions in other states or out of state students whose parents claim as a tax exemption in other states. A slippery slope tofuck around with the US Constituion
    Doesn't matter, because realistically and even legally, it will never happen. So again, a moot point and just wishful thinking.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Disagree. I would say the vast majority of people who move to Texas due so because their opinions align with the state..
    I don’t have a fûcking clue why most people move to Texas.

What I do know is that until about 1980, Texas was a different place. The S&L debacle probably delayed the explosive growth, but if there’s one thing I hold against Rick Perry is for 14 years he openly swallowed the cock of any company he could to get them to relocate to Texas. Hot Wheels continues to do the same thing.

And that kind of race to the bottom of enticing,
    multi-decade long sweetheart tax deals leaves it up private property owners to foot the bill for everything the explosive population brings with it. Between that and the cultural changes, well this place just ain’t what it was. Add to it that all us natives must be nothing but backwards rednecks needing their savioring because we’re too stupid to understand what their problems are and well, an honest day’s work still produces sweat that can be gargled.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    And if these transplants are so good at coming here to save our state, then why didn't they do the same in the state then came from?

And if they weren't doing something to save the state they came from, then what really are going to do here in Texas?

My thoughts? All their proclamations and rants are simply posturing to try and convince native Texans that they belong here and that we should accept and welcome them with open arms.

Well phooey on that!

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    I don’t have a fûcking clue why most people move to Texas.

What I do know is that until about 1980, Texas was a different place. The S&L debacle probably delayed the explosive growth, but if there’s one thing I hold against Rick Perry is for 14 years he openly swallowed the cock of any company he could to get them to relocate to Texas. Hot Wheels continues to do the same thing.

And that kind of race to the bottom of enticing,
    multi-decade long sweetheart tax deals leaves it up private property owners to foot the bill for everything the explosive population brings with it. Between that and the cultural changes, well this place just ain’t what it was. Add to it that all us natives must be nothing but backwards rednecks needing their savioring because we’re too stupid to understand what their problems are and well, an honest day’s work still produces sweat that can be gargled.
    I don’t either, up until recently they thought we were still riding to work on horses. Then they came and saw we weren’t incompetent and decided they wanted to cash in on it. Greed and entitlement is what it boils down to. I see some nerve’s have been struck, they also have the right to move back. I love how everyone has all these rights but get butt hurt we aren’t excepting the unwanted changes.

Top Bottom