• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Here's how to sell a cheap house for a lot of money.

funny-meme-wof-36.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yes if you weren't born here.

Bullshit. There are a ton of people born in Austin who aren't Texans.

There are also a ton of people who have moved here that embrace being a Texan.

And seeker_two, nice try, but have you stopped for a second to consider how many pro-Texas voters your proposal would prevent from supporting the progress of individual rights in this state?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Texas needs a MUD tax like Maryland. It is an additional assessment on new homes to help cover the additional infrastructure - roads, schools, etc - required by those homes. That would help keep the tax increases down for the homeowners already in place.

Sure, all we need is more property taxes! :(

That's about as ridiculous as Don Huffine's proposal for zero property taxes.

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    I’m of the mindset to truly be happy I need a county or town with as little people as possible. Whenever i retire that could be anywhere.

I’ll say this: I have made some of the best friends in my life off here. Wherever I end up, a place to stay/hunt/shoot will always be open to those.

I’m an odd mofo. Home is where the heart is. Texas still might have what I need by then but even with acreage I can’t stand to be this close to the metromess. I can see places two or three hours outside. I like limestone county. I love most of West Texas. I like the red river area. I like areas between alto and lufkin.

Aside from my awesome friends I like trees more than people. Maybe I’m freaking out because I’m 40 and if the economy doesn’t recover I’m gonna have to get extreme and try to work for myself again to get any retirement. Even if my old man left me his home in Oregon would it really be the same as I remember growing up? Nope. Town isn’t a town anymore. It’s got 60 thousand shit heads.

I feel lost lately so I’m rambling. I’ll say this to folks moving to Texas and joining this forum. Keep what you don’t like to yourself. I sometimes have a hard time doing this. Texas still has a culture (white, black, Hispanic) that has a very friendly demeanor. If you’re not religious try going to a church just to meet people. In a lot of ways Texas is just like Oregon and Washington before the wrong Californians took it over. Don’t be that person. Put your stupid wants aside focus on what you need and get to know your community. Somewhere California lost that.
    Yup, my kind of people. Even though I don’t care for many either.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I can’t stand to be this close to the metromess. I can see places two or three hours outside.
    Get into your 60s with some serious health problems, either with yourself or a loved one, and you'll find that living three hours away from a metro area where you can get specialty health care to be a royal pain, one that grows worse with every passing year.

I wish you a long life and good health...but mostly good health. I hope you never need to live close to sophisticated medical facilities.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I don't share this very often, but my mother lived in California for many years and she was the classic Democrat liberal. I loved my mother, but despised her political viewpoints. She was also the classic anti-gunner, believing only military or LE needed or should have guns.
    Sounds like the apple fell way far from the tree then. Pretty sure your aren’t a Libby. Umm.. are you? Lol

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Get into your 60s with some serious health problems, either with yourself or a loved one, and you'll find that living three hours away from a metro area where you can get specialty health care to be a royal pain, one that grows worse with every passing year.

I wish you a long life and good health...but mostly good health. I hope you never need to live close to sophisticated medical facilities.
    See there ya go sharing your wisdom again, Ben.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Bullshit. There are a ton of people born in Austin who aren't Texans.

There are also a ton of people who have moved here that embrace being a Texan.

And seeker_two, nice try, but have you stopped for a second to consider how many pro-Texas voters your proposal would prevent from supporting the progress of individual rights in this state?

Yes. But, in balance, I've considered how many more pro-Texas voters we can get after the newbies get used to Texas. A little patience pays off here....

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    In order to gargle, that’s gotta be a lot of sweat. You are a smart guy so I know you’re not out sweating enough to fill a glass. You are unable to meet the production demand of putting your ballsack sweat into Californians mouths.

I would suggest making candy with trace amounts of your nut sweat.

A man don’t have to be dumb to break a sweat.

Top Bottom