• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I don’t have a fûcking clue why most people move to Texas.

I and many others moved here in late 80s/early 90s for freedom. Even though Texas was 100% Democratic, it was way better than 100% Democratic DC/MD or even mostly Republican VA. I know about a dozen folks I worked with who came within a year or two of me. 2 worked in same section.

By mid-90s we flipped Texas Red and have held it ever since. Not sure though if we are gonna survive the current wave of Dems coming here just to stay with same company (Toyota for example) and not for lifestyle. Todays wave is a completely different breed.
    ARJ Defense ad

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Things contributing to the downfall of America/Texas:

1. Leftist vote in lock step. Hive mind is enforced. Wagons are circled if a member is under attack no matter the transgression.

2. Conservative minded people tend be be rational thinkers that like to differentiate themselves from their peers and splinter off into smaller less effective groups. Case in point, this debate: Natives vs transplants. If we are in agreement about keeping Texas Texas then who the hell cares. I agree, don't move here trying to change it into the leftist shithole you came from.

Some scary unconstitutional comments have been made and defended. It doesn't matter if they are moot because the sentiment from which they were espoused remains.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Things contributing to the downfall of America/Texas:

1. Leftist vote in lock step. Hive mind is enforced. Wagons are circled if a member is under attack no matter the transgression.

2. Conservative minded people tend be be rational thinkers that like to differentiate themselves from their peers and splinter off into smaller less effective groups. Case in point, this debate: Natives vs transplants. If we are in agreement about keeping Texas Texas then who the hell cares. I agree, don't move here trying to change it into the leftist shithole you came from.

True enough.

Lefties do not care - native, immigrant, illegal, dead. Just vote Dem.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Not ignorance, just different points of view within a discussion.

Just because it's different doesn't make it not ignorant...

This state and country both went to war against entities that suppressed the rights of citizens.

You are advocating doing the same, as long as it promotes your opinion/belief of how things should be.

If Texas is as strong as everyone claims, it will hold true. If not, it will change.

Salted

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Corpus Christi
    Just wanted to say that I'm not gonna be voting for a while in local elections anyhow, since I don't know anything about the candidates, policies and bills being voted on. If I don't know, my mouth stays shut.

That said, even thinking about denying someone a fundamental right based on possible political leanings is pretty leftist. That's some CNN level stuff...

I most definitely agree with the feeling behind it, but the solution offered (whether or not it would ever actually happen) isn't a very American one.

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Just wanted to say that I'm not gonna be voting for a while in local elections anyhow, since I don't know anything about the candidates, policies and bills being voted on. If I don't know, my mouth stays shut.

That said, even thinking about denying someone a fundamental right based on possible political leanings is pretty leftist. That's some CNN level stuff...

I most definitely agree with the feeling behind it, but the solution offered (whether or not it would ever actually happen) isn't a very American one.
    Don’t candidates have to live in a area a certain amount of time before running? So by your standards someone can move somewhere and run for office? What would you call a group of individuals who move to a area and cause financial chaos and burden? Cause natives to have to uproot their lives? All American? I’m calling bullshit.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Sure, let's keep Texas in the stone age while tech companies and their high-paying jobs move to other states! :mad: :mad: :mad:
    In what way is Texas currently in the stone age? I don’t want to import any jobs from liberal states or liberal companies. Musk might be a centrist or right leaning, but if he moved HQ to Texas, he’s not starting over with zero personnel. He’s going to have to import some of them..

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin

go back to Kali.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Just because it's different doesn't make it not ignorant...

This state and country both went to war against entities that suppressed the rights of citizens.

You are advocating doing the same, as long as it promotes your opinion/belief of how things should be.

If Texas is as strong as everyone claims, it will hold true. If not, it will change.
    You're taking this way too serious. It's just a discussion and exchange of opinions. No more so that some saying anyone not born in Texas should be kicked out. Nothing of this would ever come to happening anyways.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    In what way is Texas currently in the stone age? I don’t want to import any jobs from liberal states or liberal companies. Musk might be a centrist or right leaning, but if he moved HQ to Texas, he’s not starting over with zero personnel. He’s going to have to import some of them..

By denying high tech industry to provide jobs in this state, as you prescribed, would leave Texas in the stone age.

It's simple economics, but I'll explain it to you. Even if Musk brings in some people, they in turn will buy homes, groceries, etc. as well as pay taxes; which provides even more jobs for other Texans.

Goggle 'Reaganomics' and feel free to ask questions if there are still aspects you don't understand...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    You're taking this way too serious. It's just a discussion and exchange of opinions. No more so that some saying anyone not born in Texas should be kicked out. Nothing of this would ever come to happening anyways.

Sorry for taking your posts seriously, I guess the first indicator was no freedom loving Texan would ever advocate discriminating and restricting the rights of others for any reason.

However, we need to be cautious as to what we discuss on here as clearly there are those who don't recognize the ridiculousness and idiocy behind such joking proposals!

Personally, I'd like to see something along the lines of the Terran Federation installed in Texas, where the rights of a full citizen to vote and hold public office are not universally guaranteed but must be earned through Federal Service. Those who do not perform this service, which usually takes the form of military service, retain the rights of free speech and assembly, but cannot vote or hold public office...

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I should learn to be so grateful y’all saved us from ourselves.

I mean we didn’t spend 160+ years figuring it out on our own or nothing.

Changes in demographics change elections. Nobody saved anybody. Dont take it so personal.

The influx of Tech in the 80s/90s drove a change in Texas demographics. California in 60, 68, 76, voted Republican when Texas voted Democrat. Yeah, Texas was more Democrat than California. Then Demographics changed in California.

It is happening again. and nobody is going to be saving anybody this time either. It is just shit happens.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    By denying high tech industry to provide jobs in this state, as you prescribed, would leave Texas in the stone age.

It's simple economics, but I'll explain it to you. Even if Musk brings in some people, they in turn will buy homes, groceries, etc. as well as pay taxes; which provides even more jobs for other Texans.

Goggle 'Reaganomics' and feel free to ask questions if there are still aspects you don't understand...
    You're reading more into my comments than is there and making assumptions based on one sentence.

For the sake of the discussion, I don't necessarily disagree with you.

Top Bottom