• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shelbygoat57

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2014
    Every one of your points are valid.

However, please consider this:

1. I don't have children in the house, nor do we have visitors with children. A locked steel gun cabinet is just as good as a safe to keep kids from gaining access to guns.

2. All my firearms are covered by my home owner's insurance with a rider, and I have the NRA coverage.

3. Were the "results you saw" in your own home or in some safe maker's advertisement?

4. I leave my house all the time; only a safe cracker would target you, since you have a safe!

5. My steel storage cabinets are bolted to the floor and to the studs in the walls. The locks are pick and drill resistant. There is no way thieves could rip those cabinets out without expending a lot of energy and time.

6. The guns I have concealed in my home are not where a thief would expect to find them.

7. Most home burglaries are targeted to hit the premises when the owners are gone, and then last only a few minutes where they choose easy pickings.

8. A deliberate attack on a safe full of firearms presupposes that the burglars know the victim, know his whereabouts, and have the time to crack the safe and make off with the guns.

I am all for keeping your guns "locked up."

A steel gun cabinet does that just nicely.

I bought a safe over a steel gun cabinet cause I had money to buy a safe and I wanted a safe. Some people have the money to spend and don't care about what does it nicely. I wanted a safe so I bought one.

bignic83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    West of San Antone
    My safe is so heavy that it has its own gravitational field. Firearms from surrounding stores keep getting caught in its gravitational pull and swallowed like a black hole...

Please reply immediately with name and model of your safe. I need one for my house, and one with such gravitational pull fits the bill to a T!

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    1. Your homeowners insurance will probably not cover any of your firearm loss, in theft or fire.

Bad advice. Your renters or homeowners insurance probably will cover your firearm loss due to theft or fire. HOWEVER, theft of firearms usually has a lower special limit for coverage. If they burn up in in a fire, the limit is usually the same amount as the personal property limit since firearms are considered personal property. Having a seperate insurance policy for your firearms is a wise investment and not expensive.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    I've been pondering this for awhile....who do you go to for a seperate policy for your firearms, and how do the policies work? IE - do I need to update it every time I buy or *shudder* sell a gun?

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    For any "safe" other than Graffunder level, including shortrounds steel cabinets, it takes about 3 minutes to cut them open like a tin can.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Insurance is nice, but it can't replace my dads Smith and Wesson 25-06, or the Ithica .22 I learned how to shoot with, or Ruger Blackhawk that belonged to my uncle who is now deceased.

It might by new guns, but the ones I lost wouldn't be replaced.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Shortround, what do you consider a cabinet vs a safe?

I know some who consider my safe to be a cabinet because the walls aren't thick enough to meet their personal opinion of what a safe should be.

When I hear cabinet, I think stack-on, or the wooden decorative cabinets with glass doors to show off your guns.

Top Bottom