• TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Do LEs check your weapons at the entrance at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The guy at the door checking and zip tying the weapons people bring in to trade and sell isn’t asking anyone if they have other weapons, and doesn’t appear to care. Of course, it’s not like anyone is OCing at our gun shows anyway.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I am beginning to understand Low-Speed's user name...

I guess he doesn't understand the differences between the laws that allow concealed/open carry and the transportation of firearms to a gun show. The promoters are not preventing people from bringing weapons into the show, just not loaded ones, hence the 30.06/30.07 signs and the officers making the firearms safe at the entrance. Most shows won't allow you to bring in ammo with a weapon either. It all makes sense from the safety/liability standpoint. How or why that is so tough for anyone to understand is beyond me!

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Most shows won't allow you to bring in ammo with a weapon either. It all makes sense from the safety/liability standpoint. How or why that is so tough for anyone to understand is beyond me!

It is tough for me to understand why I cannot bring in ammo, when they are selling it at the show.

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    I am beginning to understand Low-Speed's user name...

I guess he doesn't understand the differences between the laws that allow concealed/open carry and the transportation of firearms to a gun show. The promoters are not preventing people from bringing weapons into the show, just not loaded ones, hence the 30.06/30.07 signs and the officers making the firearms safe at the entrance. Most shows won't allow you to bring in ammo with a weapon either. It all makes sense from the safety/liability standpoint. How or why that is so tough for anyone to understand is beyond me!
    Don’t be a dick. I understand perfectly. I also understand that promoter usually don’t own the venue. They at least don’t in this case. I am repeating again because I was at the same damn gun show that I saw no .06 or .07 signs present.

Why is it so tough for you to understand that?! Can’t have a civil conversation without someone being an ass.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    ArsenioSlam.gif

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Question..... is .06 and .07 applicable at municipal owned venues? I’m asking you because I think that you may know and be able to quote law if it is or isn’t. Thanks in advance.

I will defer to @Renegade.

My answer would be "sometimes", but I don't think it's the signage that prevents carry on those cases as it would already be restricted. Probably wouldn't be an area that's hosting a gun show either.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I will defer to @Renegade.

My answer would be "sometimes", but I don't think it's the signage that prevents carry on those cases as it would already be restricted. Probably wouldn't be an area that's hosting a gun show either.

Yes, sometimes, it is very confusing. originally 30.06/07 is not enforceable on govt., property, and now there are a bunch of exceptions. Very poorly legislated.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I went to the Midland Knife and Gun Show today. The first sign on the outside was a 51% sign, that I called bulls*** on, but just inside that door they had the 30.06 & 30.07 sign. Now you can bring guns in, but not ammunition, therefore unloaded. At a table before the you pay to get in they zip tie all guns so they can't be fired.

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I went to the Midland Knife and Gun Show today. The first sign on the outside was a 51% sign, that I called bulls*** on, but just inside that door they had the 30.06 & 30.07 sign. Now you can bring guns in, but not ammunition, therefore unloaded. At a table before the you pay to get in they zip tie all guns so they can't be fired.
    That’s why I never go to the Midland shows. The Horseshoe Arena has 51% signs. The Ector County Colliseum is 51% also, but the gun shows are always in Building G which is not, nor does it have 06/07signs.

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country

Did you buy anything cool to shoot tomorrow?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Did you buy anything cool to shoot tomorrow?
    I got the girlfriend a Sig P238 purple slite, she had her heart set on it. Then when we went to Academy to get some 380 ammo for her gun, I bought a S&W SD40 that was on sale, the price was right.

Fishhog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    East of Dallas
    I would guess your gunshow like most was held in a generic building that houses all types of venues. Whoever owns the building probably posts the signs for CYA purposes, and I can't imagine renters removing signs from someone else's buildings so as not to offend others. The gun shows as a rule do as much as they can to keep their venues safe and prevent any further bad press for the gun communities.

Top Bottom