• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    There really aren't many exceptions. If the property is owned or leased by state or local gov, a 30.06 or 30.07 violation could only be prosecuted if you were already barred from carry by 46.03 or 46.035.

That is not what I meant. I meant there was a time when 30.06 on govt property had no meaning and could safely be ignored. That is no longer the case. There are now exceptions when it does have meaning.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Wichita Falls gun show had not been posted until about 2 years ago. Held in city owned property and after complaints posting was removed. They have had a negligent discharge fairly recently but it was from a dealer bringing in a loaded shotgun, not a LTC holder. The logic that a LTC holder carrying increases liability is ridiculous. If the show is posted you have 2 choices. Pay to get in without your gun or not give them your money and leave. Simple.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Wichita Falls gun show had not been posted until about 2 years ago. Held in city owned property and after complaints posting was removed. They have had a negligent discharge fairly recently but it was from a dealer bringing in a loaded shotgun, not a LTC holder. The logic that a LTC holder carrying increases liability is ridiculous. If the show is posted you have 2 choices. Pay to get in without your gun or not give them your money and leave. Simple.
    You can bring your gun, it just has to be unloaded, inspected and zip tied.

flashgor_99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2015
    I've only been to a handful of gun shows in Tx, but I think the signs state it is the law that loaded weapons can't be carried at gun shows. Well, if we are to constantly chant that "guns make us safer", shouldn't we be allowed to carry in a gun show? Should be the safest place around.

dpetrlak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    Let's start with the 1st Real Question.
    Was the Sign Posted by the Property Owner or by the Gun Show Operator?

If it's the property owner, well that may not be the Best Place.

My experience has mostly been at the Lone Star Convention Center in Conroe.
    If you bring a Gun and plan to show, try to sell or any way plan to HANDLE the gun..... It get Ty-Wrapped at the Door.

If it's concealed, it's concealed.

Like almost all of the Basic Practices, IF you intend to handle a gun, check out the grip, look down the sights, pull the trigger, etc. you don't start with a holstered (loaded gun). It doesn't make sense for anyone to be handling guns in a crowd that most probably loaded.

CPTKILLER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Gatesville, TX
    The prices plus 30.06 and 30.07 rules not to mention the cost to enter are simply not worth my time. Some places even have paid parking.

They are no longer interesting or worthwhile.

Time On Target

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2016
    My only gripe and it was only at one show in Pasadena is that they didn't have the signs saying no ammo admitted until I was inside the show and at the table with the LE's. I had already unloaded my pistol as per the signage outside and had the slide racked back and locked and then saw the other sign. Which they wanted to mean I had to unload my magazine there in front of them and the LE copped an attitude. He told me he could take my LTC right there, which if he had tried was going to be a huge hassle and me suing them and him personally since he wasn't there as a LE but as a paid employee of the show.

Had a talk with the guy running the show later and told him what I had run into. He went out looked and went whoops we needed to put additional signage out front and admitted that there wasn't anything there that said a. no ammo, or b. no loaded magazines, he also said he would talk with the LE who had kept my ammo until I left the show. The guy was a lot more polite on the way out, stating that he had worked a lot of these and was always told that this was noted outside of the venue before you came in and obviously that wasn't true that day. When I went out they had added additional signage.

That said I don't go to the ones in Pasadena, TX any more because the LE was way too up in my face when I was trying as hard as possible to comply, frankly I could have kept the magazine in my mag holder inside my jacket and he never would have known about it.

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    I haven't been to a gun show in quite a few years. The prices used to be a lot better there, but when I last went, the prices weren't any better than I could find elsewhere. I'm kind of running out of guns that I find interesting enough to buy (or are willing to expend that sort of money for something that would not be shot that much). I'll occasionally look on Armslist.com and if I see something interesting for a decent price, I might buy it, but my safe is getting full and if I bought another safe into the house, my wife might just notice. She doesn't notice the fact that my gun safe is getting fuller, but she would most probably notice is another refrigerator sized heavy steel object appeared. :)

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I have not been to a Gun Show in a lot of years. My wife, had recently obtained her License to Carry ID. She wanted to go to the Premier Gun Show in Round Rock, Texas, this past July. I have a LTC also. So, I go to the entrance of the show, and I am shocked to see erected, 30.06 and 30.07 signs! I said to myself, this must be a mistake. At a gun show, I thought? How the heck can that be? Well, after buying the wife a couple of holsters and a sturdy gun belt for LTC, I left. The more I thought about it, the madder I got. The only reason for the sign, I guess, is to prevent those once in a lifetime dealer or customer, bringing or showing a supposedly unloaded firearm, that was loaded, and a negligent discharge occurred. Since the dealers show the guns, simple procedures can be followed to make sure all display firearms are unloaded, which I know should be standard practice. Has anyone noticed at other Gun Shows, like Saxet, or other gun shows that have these 30.06/30,07 signs at the entrance ? If most of them do, I probably am done going to Gun Shows, unless the signs are removed. What do you all think about it?

I tend to think of all the filth covered people that don't even know how to shower at gun shows muzzle sweeping each other while talking about their Navy Seal experiences in Nam.

It calms my displeasure about the no gun signs

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Posted this in a different thread...

I went to a gun show yesterday as well, albeit one out of state; and here's a few observations for comparison's sake...

This gun show--in a very gun-friendly state (even more so than Texas)--did not allow loaded weapons into the venue. There were numerous signs and law enforcement personnel present enforcing it.

Parking and entry were more expensive ($4 and $12 respectively) given the size of the show (200-300 tables).

Prices were about what I normally see at Texas shows or just a little higher. Selection was about the same as well, although the ration of gun/ammo tables to "other" items was better. I would say 90% of the items offered were gun-related, whereas that percentage tends to be about 75-80% at home. They still had the usual eyeglass cleaners and fudge sellers though...

That said, I was in and out of this show in 45 minutes, and that with walking the entire floor twice. I probably stopped to talk with 4-5 vendors about items they were offering. Most times we are at SAXET for about two hours.

The bottom line is while most gun shows are just a shadow of what they used to be, Texas still has better ones than those I've experienced over my travels to other states (Nevada, Florida, etc.) these past years.

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom