• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I searched for why BOS is worthless and ONLY TGTALK came up after a few pages of searches and different wording. That's why I am curious. I don't trust a forum for any real legal advice, but was curious why if it is such a big deal than why hasn't that sentiment spread? It would seem that would need to be spread right?

Maybe because other forums members are educated enough to KNOW that a BOS has NO - ZERO - ZIP legal standing.
    Hurley's Gold

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    A BOS is so easily forged it's ridiculous, probably why it has NO legal standing are you both gonna go and have it notarized, probably not. Got into an argument with some coworkers on this one when they're telling customers they need one and I flat out say no you don't. Basically came down to them saying they won't sell a gun without one and me saying well don't try and sell anything to me, did you require a BOS for that old fridge you sold at your garage sale because if someone pushed it over on someone else it could come back to you, same thing in my book smdh.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    A BOS is so easily forged it's ridiculous, probably why it has NO legal standing are you both gonna go and have it notarized, probably not. Got into an argument with some coworkers on this one when they're telling customers they need one and I flat out say no you don't. Basically came down to them saying they won't sell a gun without one and me saying well don't try and sell anything to me, did you require a BOS for that old fridge you sold at your garage sale because if someone pushed it over on someone else it could come back to you, same thing in my book smdh.

Sold a gun today for $1000+ with no bill of sale.

How will I sleep tonight? Probably on my left side.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Hmmmmm....I googled it and came up with multiple sites declaring useless...
    "bill of sale" firearm useless - Google Search

Hmmm. Did you actually read them? There were only a few... One was TGTALK and the other recommended it on the link you provided... I'm not advocating a BOS or not for that matter, just saying that I haven't seen buzzed about the Internet with any real legal reasons.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Yeah I did see it....but the link shows that this is not the only site that thinks the BOS is useless.
    You stated only TGT came up after a couple pages.....my link, obviously not the only site.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Lets hijack the thread!!! Your all butt hurt over nothing. Nobody is forcing anyone to sign bos. If y'all want to discuss it which y'all obviously do then start your own damn thread about it.

Top Bottom