• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Maybe we can organize a group to go on a regular basis. Makes it harder to quit if one person needs a day off eh? Culebra and 1604 is halfway between me and that planet fitness.
    Gun Zone Deals

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    There is a golds gym behind the bush's chicken on Potranco. 10 mins from me

"Prepare yourself for the future,with what you've seen in the present"

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Ugh planet fitness......
    I just hate their commercials and their anti body building stance

It's just a commercial. They are designed to attract customers. There's a lot more overweight insecure people than body builders so they seem to be targeting the larger audience.

You can always pay more for Golds so you can wait for the machine that the steroid freak is leaning against while talking to Barbie.

I was skeptical at first too but it really is a well equipped gym for the price. My only complaint is that dumbells stop at 70 pounds.

W

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    It's just a commercial. They are designed to attract customers. There's a lot more overweight insecure people than body builders so they seem to be targeting the larger audience.

You can always pay more for Golds so you can wait for the machine that the steroid freak is leaning against while talking to Barbie.

I was skeptical at first too but it really is a well equipped gym for the price. My only complaint is that dumbells stop at 70 pounds.

W

I couldn't even lift a 70lb bell lol..

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I don't judge....
    de6u3ygu.jpg
    Ben, you gotta post a current picture. You know, for motivation. No one is interested in your old, chubby self :rolleyes:
    Mark's the queer. You ain't gotta worry about me lol
    Lately, we've had reason to wonder :what:

Really though Mark, take my brother's (azkcr) word for it. It really boils down to how much you want it. It won't be easy but it sure as hell will be worth it. Rarely do you see success stories like Ben's but he's the same size as me now and I'm 175# and 21 years old. Consistency is key, brother.

-PAK-

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Ben, you gotta post a current picture. You know, for motivation. No one is interested in your old, chubby self :rolleyes:

Lately, we've had reason to wonder :what:

Really though Mark, take my brother's (azkcr) word for it. It really boils down to how much you want it. It won't be easy but it sure as hell will be worth it. Rarely do you see success stories like Ben's but he's the same size as me now and I'm 175# and 21 years old. Consistency is key, brother.

-PAK-

Thanks! :) appreciate it

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it but look up the nutrition section on the forums at bodybuilding.com. They have a fat to fit thread to give you some motivation, but be warned if you post on there, they can be harsh but very helpful if you search threads properly before posting. I was at 247 lbs 3 months ago, now I'm at 225, it's definitely not easy but if it was we would all look like Spartans or Aztec warriors in my case. I'm trying to start to run again and I am pretty close to you, maybe we can set up a TGT 5k group.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    As far as gyms go, I belong at 24 hr Fitness and really like it. Tons of equipment so you rarely have to wait, plus its one my insurance covers. The rather new "Fitness Anytime" chain seems to have places opening in just about every shopping center. There are two in my town. I've not been to one, but read a write up on the financial side and it was very positive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    My Son is 28 and is currently at 263......down 113 pounds from where he was. He is still working on losing more.

He runs daily and changed his diet. I am proud of him, for sure.

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    Hey,

First, let me congratulate you on becoming fed up with your physical shape. I noticed you said you're un-motivated but your words from the OP suggest otherwise. Tap into your desire to better yourself. To be quite frank, working out a little now will pay off more than when your body fat drops and your muscles develop. I think this is commonly known as "noob gains".

I came to the same decision as you not long ago and I've made great progress. My BMI went from 25 to 21 and my BF% from 17 to somewhere in the 10's now. Here are some tips I have for you

1 - learn to cook. - Not only do you have the ability to regulate the nutrients that go into your food but you'll save money on the cost per meal. You'll also save money because it's hard to spend money when you're sweating away in the kitchen. This will be challenging but if you need tips on how to make some relatively easy healthy quick meals I can throw you a bone. You can also google some.

2 - limit portion sizes - The best way I've found is to pack a smaller lunch for work and eat the whole thing. You aren't starving yourself so much as you're putting enough food in to stop your hunger and make you feel good, not bloated or tired.

3 - You DO NOT NEED A GYM.... YET - Don't waste money on a gym membership until you think you're ready. I made most of my gains from home running and doing at-home body and low-weight workouts. Once my muscles got used to that after some time, I got a gym membership.

4 - Try to do some cardio every day. Try running around your neighborhood if you can. It's more of a commitment than a treadmill because you actually have to get home... by foot. Put on some tunes and get lost in some good track. Don't forget to watch for dogs, traffic and bad people though.

These are great areas to start. What you really want is a lifestyle change and I can tell you from experience that it is hard work at first but every little gain you make keeps you motivated.

If that wasn't enough then here's Bruce Lee:

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Do we have any update on this? Ive just 'hit bottom' in regards to how im feeling about weight, and would love to get working on a olan of action with someone on the western half of San Antonio. There is a Planet Futness that has some pretty decent reviews on it at 410/Marbach on the west side. ( Planet Fitness Gyms in San Antonio (Marbach), TX ).

Im thinking this would be the place to go, after i get off work in the late evenings during the week, if anyone would be interested in tagging along. I just need to stop making excuses.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Do we have any update on this? Ive just 'hit bottom' in regards to how im feeling about weight, and would love to get working on a olan of action with someone on the western half of San Antonio. There is a Planet Futness that has some pretty decent reviews on it at 410/Marbach on the west side. ( Planet Fitness Gyms in San Antonio (Marbach), TX ).

Im thinking this would be the place to go, after i get off work in the late evenings during the week, if anyone would be interested in tagging along. I just need to stop making excuses.

Same boat as me, I haven't taken any action yet, been busy with life and moving apartments, so I've been busy. Which is here again, another excuse.

Top Bottom