• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2015
    Agreed. Forty-five states with open carry, and this doesn't happen in any of them. Suddenly, like everything else, it'll be different when Texas gets open carry.
    Honestly, people need to put these wild fantasies to rest, or at least keep them to themselves! They are making themselves look like complete morons with such claims!

First I don't appreciate being called a moron for expressing my view of something not only plausible but something that occurs.

Second, because you haven't read about doesn't mean it hasn't happen.

Third, if is not possible to get mugged because of your gun then is not possible to be mugged for any material object and you don't even need a gun because we live in a fantasy world...

Forth, what happened to that "gray men" and how not to draw attention to self? I guess it doesn't matter since just showing off will magically cover you with a protection blanket
    Texas SOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2015
    I'm sad people are making jokes about such a serious issue.

Yes, people get shot in the head and their guns stolen. How do I know?

It happened to me. Some crack head came up and put a gun to my head and splattered my brains across the sidewalk. Then he stole my HiPoint fotey and ran off. And it's not the first time that's happened to me either.

This is a super cereal issue, you guys. And one that me, TexanCarbine, and others have discussed at length at our MDA meetings. We aren't against guns or anything. Ok, so we may not REALLY have a CHL, but we gotta post that on the forums or you all will just claim we are "anti gun". We aren't. We just don't think everbody should have them. We are all for the responsible people having them, like cops, military, and other government authority figures.

I guess what we're trying to say is, we have studied this to the very ends of our imagination and decided that guns are indeed scary. We even tested this buy taking turns open carrying toy guns and seeing if we could shoot each other in the head to take it. Lit was a bloodbath of injuries, mostly self inflicted because we weren't sure exactly how the scary guns work, but that's beside the point.

Guns are bad, m'kay. You all need to except that and turn them all in.

But me and TexanCarbine aren't anti gun or anything.
    That is hilarious dude but so you are very clear: I'm 100% pro gun. It's just not a good idea based on my experiences and knowledge but hey the beauty of the USA is that you have the right to be dumb too ;)

Let me add by saying Americans have te right to eat whatever they want and yet at 65% overweight/obese I guess we are not eating very responsibly right?

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    First I don't appreciate being called a moron for expressing my view of something not only plausible but something that occurs.

If stealing an OC'ed handgun happened more often, the media would be all over it and it would have come up during the bill cycle. I know of one - this one - where some guy bought a brand new Walther P22 and open carried it at 2AM, then let himself get mugged by two strangers. That's a situational awareness/not doing stupid things story, not a "steal the OC weapon off the body" story.

Third, if is not possible to get mugged because of your gun then is not possible to be mugged for any material object and you don't even need a gun because we live in a fantasy world...

Your SA should be much higher than this and you should present a much lower target profile than most people. Impossible? No. Much more improbable? Yes.

Forth, what happened to that "gray men" and how not to draw attention to self? I guess it doesn't matter since just showing off will magically cover you with a protection blanket

Fair enough, but the point is OC isn't some magic criminal attractant that draws mugging attempts and first shots. It's just not.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    No one actually called you a moron.
    If you have actual evidence of guns being stolen off of an open carriers belt, by all means post it.

We ain't South America, at least not yet. Whole different world down there.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    That is hilarious dude but so you are very clear: I'm 100% pro gun. It's just not a good idea based on my experiences and knowledge but hey the beauty of the USA is that you have the right to be dumb too ;)

Let me add by saying Americans have te right to eat whatever they want and yet at 65% overweight/obese I guess we are not eating very responsibly right?
    So should the government dictate what we eat? If that's the case maybe Venezuela is better suited for you.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

The back up your claims with facts. The problem is, we've heard them all before and so far no one has been able to provide one iota of proof that such things have happened. You don't have a shred of evidence to prove what you are claiming is true. In fact, the lack of evidence shows it isn't. Forty-five states allow OC, if such incidents were occurring you could be your ass they would be reported in the media; but they aren't because they simply aren't happening.

I don't know where you get your information, but clearly you are spreading false rumors that have absolutely no basis. That is moronic in every sense of the word.

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    WAAAAY too much "chicken little-the sky is falling".
    If all these things haven't happened in the 40+ states that have had some form of OC for many years, what makes you think it will happen here. Past experience suggests it won't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    The back up your claims with facts. The problem is, we've heard them all before and so far no one has been able to provide one iota of proof that such things have happened. You don't have a shred of evidence to prove what you are claiming is true. In fact, the lack of evidence shows it isn't. Forty-five states allow OC, if such incidents were occurring you could be your ass they would be reported in the media; but they aren't because they simply aren't happening.

I don't know where you get your information, but clearly you are spreading false rumors that have absolutely no basis. That is moronic in every sense of the word.
    Cut him some slack Bigun, after all........................he's just here for the free shit. :roflfunny:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2015
    seems like I can only have a conversation like gentleman with mreed911 with no insults the rest can keep their stupidity.
    I'm not talking about magic here, I'm talking about being a target and exposing your Ace...
    I'm very aware of my surroundings growing up in a very dangerous place.
    Maybe it would only happen once or twice but I'm not putting myself in that situation anyway.
    As far as the media reporting it lmfao. What do you expect? The only thing the media reports is the fu&:&&;g Kardashians!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2015
    I bet you are one of those fat people with diabetes, high cholesterol and hypertension that thinks we all have to pay for your health....
    So should the government dictate what we eat? If that's the case maybe Venezuela is better suited for you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2015
    Plus a "debate" or conversation would have been nice instead of calling names or telling me to go somewhere. The bill has passed so you have the right to OC if you want. I was just making comments based on MY experience, no need to piled me unless you can't have a civil discussion which is the whole purpose of these forums right?
    I could attach some links but would it make a difference? I'm sure not
    Cheers!

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Got an e-mail from TSRA,law

[/CENTER][/CENTER]
    It was a wonderful, history-making day for Texas gun owners and TSRA and NRA were present and acknowledged. When the signing ceremony was complete, Governor Abbott took a minute and shot on Red's indoor range. Our governor isn't a half-bad shot!

TSRA was represented by executive director, Doug DuBois, TSRA staff, and members of TSRA's legislative committee. NRA lobbyist Tara Mica and Charles Cotton, NRA Board member, were also present. Many of the additional guests had testified in support, contributing to the passage of HB 910.

Major thanks go to owners and staff at Red's who provided the backdrop to history.

I guess all those other gun groups like Texas Carry and Students for Campus Carry just sat on their hands all this time.....

....no wonder Texas gun owners can't get along. :mad:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, I've seen the link to cops who were killed shortly after the Mike Brown fiasco.

However, that requires ignoring the actual motive of the crime and the fact that the cops would have been shot even if they were unarmed simply for being cops.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I guess all those other gun groups like Texas Carry and Students for Campus Carry just sat on their hands all this time.....

....no wonder Texas gun owners can't get along. :mad:

Besides the fact that Reds was in it for the free advertising.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Cut him some slack Bigun, after all........................he's just here for the free shit. :roflfunny:

No, people are posting all kinds of bullshit on here and are failing to back it up with any facts. He made a claim and now he's backpedaling because he can't substantiate it. Sorry, but until such time as he mans up and backs up his claims, he's just one more bullshitter that's polluting this forum with made up fantasies about how OC will cause people to get shot...

Top Bottom