• ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    baboon,

Well, the M2 carbine is sort of like a SMG, though it "gets hotter than a 2-dollar pistol" quickly on FA.
    (Fwiw, I know for a fact that SOME CMP M1 carbines were ordered & arrived in the mail that had all of the M2 parts installed. When that was discovered, I suspect that there a lot of RED FACES at HQ, CMP.)

When I "had money", I was foolish enough to NOT pay several 200.oo taxes & convert a number of M1 carbines to M2. = While I made considerable profit on the Model 37 Ithaca riot-guns that I bought (from an out of Texas Corrections Department) & later resold, I made nothing like what a registered M2 were worth soon after they were illegal,
    (Back then, M2 "parts sets" were all over the gun shows & CHEAP too, as hardly anyone wanted to pay the 200.oo tax.)

yours, satx
    Select fire carbines are in the $14k ball park depend on what registered, make of gun & condition. I believe I said in this thread to seek out M2 parts when looking @carbines. I have hear of a unfired M2 that if not stolen from the plant might have well been a DCMP gun. Shame the receiver was removed & destroyed.

I have been around the carbines for some years as one of my best friends collects them, both M-1 & M2's. His goal was to fill a USGI armory rack he got from the guy who sold him his first M2 & that's been done. I have never attempted to kill anything with a.30 carbine. I will admit the AMT .30 carbine pistol produced an impressive fireball & report.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Heh, I figure anything that's Sig SG is not worth the heartache, millions of dollars and involvement in arms trafficking that would be required to get one.

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    IMG_0527.PNG

From Guns magazine, February 1968.

Attachments

• IMG_0527.PNG
      IMG_0527.PNG
      1.4 MB · Views: 595

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The same thing happened to me. Wanted a Ruger Single Six, and refused to pay $200 for one. Next thing I know prices are continuing to climb. Ended up paying $400 for one.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Select fire carbines are in the $14k ball park depend on what registered, make of gun & condition. I believe I said in this thread to seek out M2 parts when looking @carbines. I have hear of a unfired M2 that if not stolen from the plant might have well been a DCMP gun. Shame the receiver was removed & destroyed.

I have been around the carbines for some years as one of my best friends collects them, both M-1 & M2's. His goal was to fill a USGI armory rack he got from the guy who sold him his first M2 & that's been done. I have never attempted to kill anything with a.30 carbine. I will admit the AMT .30 carbine pistol produced an impressive fireball & report.

baboon,

Fwiw, my old RUGER SA revolver in .30 caliber carbine was FUN to shoot Texas swamp & jackrabbits "on the fly" with. = At the time, the Texas Guard had all the free .30 caliber carbine ball ammo & M2 Garand ball ammo that you cared to shoot.
    (The AG's department had NO M-1 carbines or Garand rifles but they did have lots of ammo, that they didn't want to continue to store.)
    Also, those of us who were in the TXARNG pistol marksmanship program got all the .38SPL & .45ACP ammo that we chose to shoot. = I had to laugh one Summer afternoon when I stopped at the ammo point for a ammo can of .45ACP & when I got home I found that I had 12 cans.
    (Thinking that there was a mistake & that I had received someone else's order, I called the NCOIC & was told that, "I saved you a trip. That was OK, wasn't it?")

NOTE: Unless they are REALLY young, Jacks are tougher than a boot but are OK stewed. Swamp rabbits are GREAT cooked most any way, though most ended up grilled over green hickory.

yours, satx

Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    The same thing happened to me. Wanted a Ruger Single Six, and refused to pay $200 for one. Next thing I know prices are continuing to climb. Ended up paying $400 for one.
    I totally agree, always buy the gun and to hell with the price because:
    1. If you need it, I guarantee the store will be closed
    2. It's your money, go spend it on whatever you want
    3. Many things go up in price but very few come down over time
    4. I have spent shitloads of money on bad marriages but I have enjoyed every gun I have ever owned

5d7e79dc-3018-400e-9e74-18af00b26e2b.jpg

Attachments

• 5d7e79dc-3018-400e-9e74-18af00b26e2b.jpg
      5d7e79dc-3018-400e-9e74-18af00b26e2b.jpg
      85.8 KB · Views: 356

Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    Thanks for that. I think I already have gun.deals permanently etched in my browser history from going there so often.

I had looked at both the Inland and Auto Ordnance commercial rifles but there are too many iffy reviews for me to consider them. I'd rather pay a little more for USGI unless they're unobtanium.

No prob, I figured most guys have the link and other search engines. I just like to post links and pics instead of "claiming" I saw one at a certain price etc and then someone asks where I saw it lol. Also like to spice up thread with pictures cause I am a dork.
    Thought maybe somebody else might be interested. Plus, many moons ago I visited a forum like this and saw links posted which helped me so I put those out for newbies as well
    no offense meant
    tenor (12).gif

Attachments

• tenor (12).gif
      tenor (12).gif
      7.4 KB · Views: 329
    Top Bottom