• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    This is far too simple for the government to do. The government is based on stacks of unnecessary paperwork. They will find another way distress lawful suppressor owners into filing some other unnecessay paperwork.

They will probably find a way to tie it to an immigration bill or some other stupid agenda.
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    This is far too simple for the government to do. The government is based on stacks of unnecessary paperwork. They will find another way distress lawful suppressor owners into filing some other unnecessay paperwork.

They will probably find a way to tie it to an immigration bill or some other stupid agenda.

Personally I don't care about any of the BS wasteful paperwork and time the scourge of the guv takes up but rather the freedoms that will be lost in the passing of this bill. ANYTHING Firearms related that this government touches will result in a loss of Freedom.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    as soon as it gets any traction, certain groups are going to run shock and awe campaigns to paint suppressor owners as 1 step above the devil. It will be commercial after commercial of crying mothers and empty school classrooms and a tag line of so and so group/ representative want to make silencers easily available to bad guys.
    That would probably help the bill out. Those narratives are backfiring now.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I read an article on the Yahoo daily rag that said the NRA is trying (with silencers) to remove the safety feature of a loud noise connected to a gun shot. They said the loud noise gave other potential victims an opportunity to get away!

The poop is getting deep!

Flash

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I read an article on the Yahoo daily rag that said the NRA is trying (with silencers) to remove the safety feature of a loud noise connected to a gun shot. They said the loud noise gave other potential victims an opportunity to get away!

The poop is getting deep!

Flash

I wouldn't click on that shit to save my life. It's all Leftard garbage and is the same camp of the other fake news media types.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I check out the Leftist crap, then tune into the Righties on the shortwave radio to get the other perspective. I select MY viewpoint after evaluating what I see and hear. Some of our left bashing members bash the Right Wing media, too. Then you can maintain a firm position in middle mediocrity......snicker.

Flash

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Huh?

This thread is on a federal bill to remove suppressors from NFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    TRIXXTERR;1612742 said:
    What gives? Did this pass or what!?
    the Federal Hearing Protection Act has NOT yet passed (and probably won't this Congress). The Texas Legislature DID pass a new law which is supposed to make things ready for when (if?) the Federal Law passes. It was meant to pave the way.

kakpataka

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    DFW Lewisville-Coppell
    diesel1959;1612744 said:
    the Federal Hearing Protection Act has NOT yet passed (and probably won't this Congress). The Texas Legislature DID pass a new law which is supposed to make things ready for when (if?) the Federal Law passes. It was meant to pave the way.
    Yikes, I should edit my post! I was referring to the TXbill and then realized it was passed in anticipation of the Fed bill passing! Sorry guys! Let's not give up hope!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    TRIXXTERR;1612742 said:
    What gives? Did this pass or what!?

Did it pass? When was it reported that it even progressed through committee ?
    Here's some help if don't understand the process.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I am sorry it did not pass. I know several folks who are so cheap, they are waiting on it to pass before buying a suppressor. Never mind that a couple of been waiting about 2 years for this to happen and that they could have had suppressors by now, back with the turnaround was 3-5 months. Don't wait. Spend the $200 for the tax stamp. It is a worthwhile expenditure and if the bill does pass, you are supposed to get your $200 back.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Because they are so cheap? Seriously?

Maybe it's because they aren't willing to deal with the government fuckery of waiting 6 months minimum (in most cases) after paying yet another government **** you in the ass tax for a piece of machined still which has an artificially inflated price due to previously mentioned government butt fuckery and additional cost to manufactures trying to deal the the fuckery known as the NFA.

But yeah, those guys not buying cans are just some cheap fucks. Thy need to take the government fuckery with a smile and be happy. When it comes to government, it's best to just relax and try to enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom