Target Sports

Herr Wolff “Assaulted” looks like a load of...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I wouldn't expect your blood oxygen reading to instantly change.
    His test was more like a party trick.

ETA: Just my thinking.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Well since he will prosecuted anyway, should have layed him out.
    No, it looks like there was zero physical contact with the people, and the citizen went out of his way to make it clear he wasn't making a threat of violence (i.e. he put down the stick/brook he was holding when the judge accosted him).

IMO that seems to make it a pretty clear case of official oppression on the part of the judge, sheriff, and any deputies participating in the harassment of this citizen. Maybe the LEOs know this, and that's why they haven't been able to find the victim.

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    It ain't about the mask. It's about a high and mighty cocksucker getting his shit thrown back in his face.
    Ivory tower asshole. I tossed and turned half the night over this shit.
    Better leave people alone and stick to your own business.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    re: The Mask
    ce4af3b7203e825acc0294392a5a9795.jpg

Bexar County’s top elected official used his power and position to engage the top elected Law Enforcement Officer to remediate a situation that he literally inserted himself into.

Instead, some random dude is going to be charged with a felony for exercising first amendment rights while criminals responsible for destruction of property and looting down by the Alamo three weeks ago were praised by those government officials for being peaceful protestors, with no effort to even suggest the criminals should be held accountable.

Add to it, that top elected official is the sole reason why the store employee was ‘just doing her job’ trying to enforce the county order so that a) she doesn’t lose her job and b)the business doesn’t get fined or closed.

Attachments

• ce4af3b7203e825acc0294392a5a9795.jpg
      ce4af3b7203e825acc0294392a5a9795.jpg
      17.1 KB · Views: 360

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I found it hard to believe, but, once you exhale, the meter will then pick up more carbon dioxide, trapped in the mask, no?
    It's not sensing carbon dioxide. Though that is deadly too. It's sensing percentage of oxygen in the air (at least from what I can tell). 21% is a normal reading (ref https://sciencing.com/percentage-nitrogen-air-5704002.html), and anything under 18 is low enough that you should seek a better environment (these numbers are for sea level, but they work well enough up to almost anywhere on earth that humans would have feet on ground - above about fifteen thousand feet, you need a greater percentage of oxygen in the air to maintain normal function).

When levels drop low enough, your body starts to sacrifice some functions to maintain others. Higher mental processing is the first noticeable thing to go (you start doing stupid things, you'll write gibberish or scribbles, and speak nonsense, but you can still walk, grab things, and follow some simple directions). Less noticeable effects are loss of slow twitch muscle efficacy, coherent hormonal response, and immune system efficacy. It usually takes a few minutes for the effects to present (e.g. you can probably hold your breath for several minutes without significant loss of function, so you can probably go at least twice as long in an environment with reduced oxygen levels). But the effects are there, and will continue getting slowly worse (to a point, depending on the average amount of oxygen you're getting over the past minute or whatever similar time scale). Restoration of normal oxygen levels immediately begins reversal of these effects, though depending on the system affected, it can take some time to restore full function.

The point of all this is that there is evidence that when put together demonstrates that wearing a mask that restricts oxygen intake for any significant period of time can reduce the effectiveness of your immune system for a good while during and after wearing the mask.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    No, it looks like there was zero physical contact with the people, and the citizen went out of his way to make it clear he wasn't making a threat of violence (i.e. he put down the stick/brook he was holding when the judge accosted him).

IMO that seems to make it a pretty clear case of official oppression on the part of the judge, sheriff, and any deputies participating in the harassment of this citizen. Maybe the LEOs know this, and that's why they haven't been able to find the victim.
    Yes. Not sure what part your disagreeing with. He should have got his money's worth and put that judge on his ass. He will be caught though.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I mean that by not fighting back, he seems to have a good chance at serious retaliation in court.

Kind of depends on the whole story. The Judge(tm) and The Law(tm) seem to indicate much more occurred than what is on the video.

I can see a scenario where the dude can defend being startled at the card and had a defensible reaction. The question is did the guy then leave and, if so did The Judge(tm) follow and try to continue/escalate the situation. We know The Judge(tm) at least tracked the dude to the point of being able to associate him with a specific vehicle.

I’d also request at a change of venue based on the amount of publicity and the video evidence that’s been released already in an effort to sway public opinion.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    He turned himself in at 7 this morning and has been charged with a class 2 felony of assaulting a peace officer/judge. I sure would want to be on that jury, now lets see if the DA will prosecute.

Downgraded to disorderly conduct.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/202...exar-county-judge-nelson-wolff-attorney-says/

The elements for the original charges would have been difficult to prove, I think.

(a) A person commits an offense if the person:

(1) intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse;  

(2) intentionally or knowingly threatens another with imminent bodily injury, including the person's spouse;  or

(3) intentionally or knowingly causes physical contact with another when the person knows or should reasonably believe that the other will regard the contact as offensive or provocative.
    (b-2) Notwithstanding Subsection (b)(1), an offense under Subsection (a)(1) is a felony of the second degree if the offense is committed against a person the actor knows is a peace officer or judge while the officer or judge is lawfully discharging an official duty or in retaliation or on account of an exercise of official power or performance of an official duty as a peace officer or judge.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Technically, isn't there a conflict of interest if it's tried in Bexar County?

Depends if the court is under Herr’s supervision or not. Pretty sure a Felony 2 case would be tried in state district court, but that’s now OBE.

As for the misdemeanor, I’d almost bet there’s a conflict of interest to at least raise in the pre-trial motions.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    He picked Nico LaHood as his attorney! :cool::cool::cool:

It appears Wolff is now trying to downplay the incident, claiming he was "just trying to be helpful." In other words, after pics of him appeared without a face covering in a local restaurant, he want's this entire ordeal to disappear quickly and quietly.

I wouldn't be surprised if all charges are dropped...

Top Bottom