• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Sorry Jeremy, just bitching. TSSR actually sounds good. It is just that poorly worded rules annoy the piss out of me. Like if a range were to have a rule of "no clips over 10 rounds"

Thank you for your leg work.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    All center fire rifle rounds are pretty much armor piercing. I really wish the people who write the rules for places would actually know what they are talking about.
    This. Especially at an OUTDOOR rifle range. Its baffling

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Well that stinks I have over 1200 rounds of m855. its all I ever buy for my 5.56. then again I probably do not want to burn that ammo up at the meet.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    What about target stands. They provide/have, or do we bring our own? Whether it be paper, steel, or "rubber". And I saw "NO MAGNUM ROUNDS" on pistol bay. Does that mean we take the .357 Mag. to the short rifle range?

Grounds look a LOT smoother, so maybe, just maybe, I won't fall. Again.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    What about target stands. They provide/have, or do we bring our own? Whether it be paper, steel, or "rubber". And I saw "NO MAGNUM ROUNDS" on pistol bay. Does that mean we take the .357 Mag. to the short rifle range?

Grounds look a LOT smoother, so maybe, just maybe, I won't fall. Again.
    They do have target stands. They're put away for the construction. I don't have an answer about the magnum rounds.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I'd go out there more often but it's just me and occasionally my wife so I always go to Shiny Top since it's only about 8 minutes away. I think between TSSR and Shiny Top, we have a few winners. As far as food goes, either place isn't going to have delivery but we can always make arrangements. The pizza place here in Salado doesn't go that far but we can still order ahead of time if that's the food of choice. Shiny Top also has BBQ pits we can use to cook as well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    All center fire rifle rounds are pretty much armor piercing. I really wish the people who write the rules for places would actually know what they are talking about.

Make take on that. It's not about it being armor piercing. It's about having steel in the dirt.

After a few months there might be 50# of copper and 75# of lead in the berm. It's easy to reclaim. Steel isnt as profitable and they don't want it mixed with the more expensive metals.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Make take on that. It's not about it being armor piercing. It's about having steel in the dirt.

After a few months there might be 50# of copper and 75# of lead in the berm. It's easy to reclaim. Steel isnt as profitable and they don't want it mixed with the more expensive metals.
    Then that should be explained, as opposed to the Fudd statement "no armor piercing tactical boolit clips over 10 rounds"

Top Bottom