Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Two questions about TSSR -

• I'd like to get exclusive use of a bay for an hour where I would shoot on steel targets I provide. Do you think that would be possible?
    • Does anybody deliver pizza to this place?
    ETA: Yes, I realize you can't speak authoritatively for the owner. However, I'm interested in your sense of how willing he might be to work with me. As for the pizza, I'm serious; I don't know the area so I don't know what's available.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I ask because I thought they have a membership fee as well. I wondered if they were going to drop the membership requirement. I could be wrong though.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Unless you want to. I'd say give it a week or two, and get a better image

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Do we have that kind of time?
    What is the total cost to shoot for the day with steel?

$10 all day, unlimited guns.

• I'd like to get exclusive use of a bay for an hour where I would shoot on steel targets I provide. Do you think that would be possible?
    ETA: Yes, I realize you can't speak authoritatively for the owner. However, I'm interested in your sense of how willing he might be to work with me. As for the pizza, I'm serious; I don't know the area so I don't know what's available.
    Good point - the owner is willing to set aside any two bays we would like exclusively for us. I think if we take him up on this, we should try to stick to them so he's not looking like a jerk for telling his regular crowd not to use those two bays and then they see we're hardly using them ourselves.

You tell me which pizza company you want to use, ill call and ask.
    I ask because I thought they have a membership fee as well. I wondered if they were going to drop the membership requirement. I could be wrong though.

They do have membership fees, no you're not required to have a membership.
    If TSSR will let us set up our own steel targets, then they sound like a winner.
    Yes to bringing our own steel.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Hey guys, a great question was brought up which brings up a great point. The owner is willing to let us reserve two bays. I think if we were to reserve one pistol bay and half of the 100 yard rifle range (which is pretty wide), then we could have our own space for not being interrupted by other shooters , and by taking half the rifle instead of the entire rifle bay it would show us trying to be considerate in return.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hey guys, a great question was brought up which brings up a great point. The owner is willing to let us reserve two bays. I think if we were to reserve one pistol bay and half of the 100 yard rifle range (which is pretty wide), then we could have our own space for not being interrupted by other shooters , and by taking half the rifle instead of the entire rifle bay it would show us trying to be considerate in return.

That sounds pretty fair to me. :D

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Well then, sounds like we might have a winner. Just gotta convince them to let us have surface explosives and machine guns

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I see no issues. I'm also half blind right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    This place allow steel case? I have a bunch to burn up

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Steel case is ok, no steel core. They aren't going to check everyone with magnets, but don't give them reason to check you (generally speaking - not singling anyone out). Lets try to be as good to them as they're trying to be for us.

I did just hear no pizza places deliver out there. I can still call around.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    At tssr it says no armor piercing rounds. Do they consider m855 5.56 steel core armor piercing? Cause thats all I have for my AR.

All center fire rifle rounds are pretty much armor piercing. I really wish the people who write the rules for places would actually know what they are talking about.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm not trying to say we have to use TSSR. Im just giving a range report. I want to see if I can get out to Shiny Top and do the same with them.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    All center fire rifle rounds are pretty much armor piercing. I really wish the people who write the rules for places would actually know what they are talking about.

Not according to the ATF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom