DK Firearms

Hospital official says one dead, 19 injured after car plows into a group of protesters in downtown C

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    From what I've read there were many that fit the "piece of shit" term on both sides.

I agree completely. And though I've spent plenty of time calling for the prosecution of violent protesters with Antifa and their kind, this guy wasn't a member of one of those groups.

As Trump mentioned, there is violence coming from "many sides" and it must stop. But in this case it's not really relevant. This guy is a piece of shit. He and his kind trying to piggyback on to the conservative platform in order to gain presence and I have no interest in allowing that to be construed as something conservatives are ok with.

When Antifa or BLM acts out violently again I will once again call them out for it. There is no moral difference between Antifa and white supremacy groups.
    Venture Surplus ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you were referring to the scuffles earlier in the day, I agree it was likely mutual stupidity between 2 mutually stupid groups.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I agree completely. And though I've spent plenty of time calling for the prosecution of violent protesters with Antifa and their kind, this guy wasn't a member of one of those groups.

As Trump mentioned, there is violence coming from "many sides" and it must stop. But in this case it's not really relevant. This guy is a piece of shit. He and his kind trying to piggyback on to the conservative platform in order to gain presence and I have no interest in allowing that to be construed as something conservatives are ok with.

When Antifa or BLM acts out violently again I will once again call them out for it. There is no moral difference between Antifa and white supremacy groups.
    /agreed\ But here's the thing, as much as I hate the racist, fascist white supremacy idjits, Terry McAuliffe has no right to tell them or anyone that they can't come and go in "his" state so long as they're US citizens or have legal status. No matter how hateful the filth they spew may be, the First Amendment protects their rights every bit as much as anyone else. And those same hateful white supremacists have rights of freedom of association and to request redress of grievances just like any other group of folks out there. Here's something I posted elsewhere that I believe to be appropriate here and now:

"The solution to speech that you don't like is more speech. EVERYONE has the right to express their opinion--no matter how hateful that particular speech may be--so long as it is only speech and doesn't cross the line into threats and incitement. I am backing NO ONE in this incident; however, no matter how hateful a group's message may be, they've got a First Amendment right to spew their filth.

Speech does NOT equate to violence. NOTHING someone says while exercising their First Amendment rights entitles someone else to react with violence. All our parents taught us that sticks and stones would break our bones but that words will never hurt us. It's time for everyone--from antifa to straight up leftists to progressives, to centrists, to onlookers, to conservatives, to evangelicals, to skinheads, to racists, to fascists--to get a grip on reality and realize that you can believe what you want, and say pretty much what you want; however, your fist must stop at the other person's nose. PERIOD."

pbridges

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Dallas
    Only thing is Antifa members will not not go one on one, because they know they would get crap knock out them. Cowards...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    My take is that as soon as the intent to hold the protest gathering was made public the Soros backed Antifa and other liberal wings made plans to disrupt with violence as they did in Berkeley and other cities. George Soros is intent on creating havoc in the U.S. as a means of undermining the conservatives and this gathering played right into his hands. My understanding is that the local LEO stood by and allowed the Antifa crowd to attack the outnumbered protesters, probably at the direction of the Mayor and the Governor. I have no part in the doctrine of any of the protestors, but I can certainly smell a media blitz fueled by a New World Order billionaire, especially when they throw Trumps name around in a melee that had absolutely nothing to do with the White House, the Republican Party or political conservatives in general. The media makes sure they throw in terms like "the extreme right" and then quickly link to Trump instead of describing these folks as the fringe element that they are. With that said, the liberals and the media would have us believe that the only ones with the right to free speech are the BLM, Muslims, and every other anti-government group in the country.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Which is fine.bothloser groups came armed to fight. Unfortunately the police broke that up as it was eminently entertaining and whoever lost, we won. The car guy, however, is terrorism and should be treated as such with everyone involved given the needle.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    /agreed\ But here's the thing, as much as I hate the racist, fascist white supremacy idjits, Terry McAuliffe has no right to tell them or anyone that they can't come and go in "his" state so long as they're US citizens or have legal status. No matter how hateful the filth they spew may be, the First Amendment protects their rights every bit as much as anyone else. And those same hateful white supremacists have rights of freedom of association and to request redress of grievances just like any other group of folks out there. Here's something I posted elsewhere that I believe to be appropriate here and now:

"The solution to speech that you don't like is more speech. EVERYONE has the right to express their opinion--no matter how hateful that particular speech may be--so long as it is only speech and doesn't cross the line into threats and incitement. I am backing NO ONE in this incident; however, no matter how hateful a group's message may be, they've got a First Amendment right to spew their filth.

Speech does NOT equate to violence. NOTHING someone says while exercising their First Amendment rights entitles someone else to react with violence. All our parents taught us that sticks and stones would break our bones but that words will never hurt us. It's time for everyone--from antifa to straight up leftists to progressives, to centrists, to onlookers, to conservatives, to evangelicals, to skinheads, to racists, to fascists--to get a grip on reality and realize that you can believe what you want, and say pretty much what you want; however, your fist must stop at the other person's nose. PERIOD."

I'm not sure what this has to do with my posts. I've not made any requests or posts advocating the banning of any types of speech. I specifically said those who use violence.

This thread is about a guy who mowed people down with his car because they disagreed with his ideas. That's what my comments have been in reference too (except for a short derailment in the absence of new info)

I'd happily switch gears to "are mean words protected by the 1A", but I think it would go some thing like

You: Yes

Me: I agree

/discussion

I guess I'm just a little confused with what point you disagree with in my post as the point you make in yours seems unrelated to what I've said.

My only question related to his actions and the legal ramifications is "will the next Antifa attack also be treated as terrorism now that using violence against those exercising 1A rights has garnered the label in both media and gov.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I'm not sure what this has to do with my posts. I've not made any requests or posts advocating the banning of any types of speech. I specifically said those who use violence.

This thread is about a guy who mowed people down with his car because they disagreed with his ideas. That's what my comments have been in reference too (except for a short derailment in the absence of new info)

I'd happily switch gears to "are mean words protected by the 1A", but I think it would go some thing like

You: Yes

Me: I agree

/discussion

I guess I'm just a little confused with what point you disagree with in my post as the point you make in yours seems unrelated to what I've said.

My only question related to his actions and the legal ramifications is "will the next Antifa attack also be treated as terrorism now that using violence against those exercising 1A rights has garnered the label in both media and gov.
    I wasn't disagreeing with anything you said. Quoting you was not meant to imply that. The "/agreed\" stood on its own in that regard. What followed was me furthering the thoughts that I was having with regard to dunderhead Terry McAuliffe and others. Nothing in my post indicated that I disagreed with you. :cheers:

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Which is fine.bothloser groups came armed to fight. Unfortunately the police broke that up as it was eminently entertaining and whoever lost, we won. The car guy, however, is terrorism and should be treated as such with everyone involved given the needle.
    I agree he needs the needle, but I'm holding judgement on the terrorist idea until more details come out. I read somewhere he turned around after a rock was thrown at his car....

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Well, we can't all DAESH out and get a camera like that...

Unconfirmed sources are indicating that they observed brand new Nazi flags (with creases from the packages) being waved around by the same folks who got off the Soros Buses (TM). Waiting for pictures now.

I do find it amusing that the dead tree media is calling this a Nazi right vs. Lefty protestor issue, when Nazis and Communists are the same side of the political spectrum. Lots of Communist, BLM, the same sort of racist morons as all the rest of the Obama/Leftists, running around against...whom, exactly?

Very odd.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Look at the video, including the drone footage. This is an ISIL style attack.

Not even close to "ISIS style". His car didn't even blow up.

I can think of reasons for this to fall under the definition of terrorism, but making statements about "isis style" is ridiculous unless you can show me some pattern of ISIS driving vehicles in to a crowd then fleeing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom