Capitol Armory ad

Hospital official says one dead, 19 injured after car plows into a group of protesters in downtown C

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

billyb4u64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2017
    Could you correct what was said in
    A statement enlighten me please
    What Is politically correct . teach
    Me your thought .

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin

"....video clearly shows the white supremacist/Nazi sympathizer being attacked with baseball bats prior to running over those people. There have also been reports of rocks being thrown at his car. Virginia's self defense laws provide that a non-aggressor is justified in using force against another person if (1) he reasonably believes (2) that the force is necessary (3) to protect himself from imminent use of unlawful force by the other person."

From the link.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Nice to see video substantiating the rumors.

That said, I'm not sure self defense will get him off the hook if he hit non aggressors as it appears. We are responsible for every bullet that leaves a gun, and every pedestrian out car might take out in a crowd.

I'm sure the MSM will either completely ignore the possibility that he wasn't a rabid white nationalist out for blood, or claim the attackers were justified in hitting his vehicle because he said mean things (although that hasn't actually been verified either).

At any rate, it's gonna take more than just a casual effort to get the real story on the events that took place.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I agree (pretty sure the law does too)

It does change the nature of the crime however, and moves the label of "aggressor" from the driver to those attacking the car. It also kills the "white nationalist terrorist" story line.

Lastly, it really gives credence to Trumps comment about "hatred, bigotry, and violence from many sides".

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I'm also wondering if they thought the Dodge was an unmarked police car and if that's the reason it got attacked. Well, that would be my story if I was the defense attorney.

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    Well, I think this guy is going to be judged and convicted in the court of public opinion, but there is precedence for mowing down protesters when you feel threatened. It happened in Ferguson and in San Diego. In both instances, no charges were filed against the driver of the vehicle. There's even an account of a Florida Sheriff instructing drivers to drive through protesters if you're caught up in it and unable to reverse out of it http://filmingcops.com/accelerate-f...ans-who-protest-police-violence-if-necessary/

I'm not sure that scenario would apply to this guy, because I never saw what was behind him, though mobs were immediately running after the car as he drove by in the video. As others have said, I'm curious to see how this unfolds and what other evidence is presented other than what the MSM wants us to see.

On a side note, as a member of the SCV, it always turns my stomach to see Klan type groups waving the battle flag. It just presents such singularly demeaning side to southern history.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Exactly, especially when you floor it yards into the crowd. He's a terrorist and needs to burn in hell.

You need to look up the definition of terrorism. Regardless of liability for the infured, injuring bystanders while attempting to escape isn't even close to terrorism. Not even if you're running from the cops with malicious intent.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, I think this guy is going to be judged and convicted in the court of public opinion, but there is precedence for mowing down protesters when you feel threatened. It happened in Ferguson and in San Diego. In both instances, no charges were filed against the driver of the vehicle. There's even an account of a Florida Sheriff instructing drivers to drive through protesters if you're caught up in it and unable to reverse out of it http://filmingcops.com/accelerate-f...ans-who-protest-police-violence-if-necessary/

I'm not sure that scenario would apply to this guy, because I never saw what was behind him, though mobs were immediately running after the car as he drove by in the video. As others have said, I'm curious to see how this unfolds and what other evidence is presented other than what the MSM wants us to see.

On a side note, as a member of the SCV, it always turns my stomach to see Klan type groups waving the battle flag. It just presents such singularly demeaning side to southern history.

The issue with that being a viable defense here would hinge on whether or not the protestors injured were attempting to prevent his escape, or at least VERY closely associated with the attackers in a way that a reasonable person would believe they would take the same action.

In the drone video (I think it might actually be a traffic or weather camera) Zinc mentioned it appears that protestors may be preventing a red van from passing. It appears to be fairly surrounded but I've not seen any information as to what was going on in that area and it's difficult to tell from the video. If the driver of that van were to claim he/she were being attacked or threatened at the time there may be more room to claim self defense. As of now, that's all speculation.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    He wasn't escaping. He won't escape justice. Quit defending a murderer.

You are suffering from confirmation bias. It's causing you to ignore new information resulting in a failure to base your conclusion on what information is available.

It's a terrible spot to be in and can often result in posting comments online that run contrary to common sense. The longer this circle is allowed to continue the harder it will be to break. You may even end up make outlandish claims such as "this is just like an ISIS attack" or "quit defending a murderer". These comments will quickly cause a loss of credibility in the current discussion as well as cast doubt on future arguments you might make.

A fun and educational way to discover if you area making truly valid arguments is to support a post with credible evidence and a source for that evidence. An example would be "it appears he was attacked by counter protesters and may have been trying to get away" accompanied by a video clearly showing counter protesters hitting his car with baseball bats. This gives credit to the post and the possibility that he wasn't a hateful bigot trying to mow people down with his car. It doesn't mean he's not a bigot which although detestable, is neither illegal or punishable by public beating. Thought crimes aren't yet codified in to law in the U.S..

So, as a fan of educated discussion and debate I ask that you please post something based on all information available, and not just your, dare I day, "bigoted" opinion.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Would you say that same thing if reginald denny made it back in his truck and managed to drive away and hit people ? How about the guy in the SUV that the bikers surrounded and smashed in his side window ?

How many people swarming your car would justify action to save your own life. So far all the "news" has been from the Liberal TV stations spewing out the side they want to show and that may differ totally from what actually happend. Do you think you will see more Vids of what happened if protesters that took them are against what the shots they took show nope they will be deleted.

And to be clear the guy that mowed down the crowd may deserve punishment but thats what the criminal system is for

Last edited:

billyb4u64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2017
    Look at the video, including the drone footage. This is an ISIL style attack.
    Nobody got hut on the sidwalk . AMEICA IS THE LAND OF THE FREE )
    Wwwfreekpubic.com has a different angle with bunch of odd happenings .
    Would you say that same thing if reginald denny made it back in his truck and managed to drive away and hit people ? How about the guy in the SUV that the bikers surrounded and smashed in his side window ?

How many people swarming your car would justify action to save your own life. So far all the "news" has been from the Liberal TV stations spewing out the side they want to show and that may differ totally from what actually happend. Do you think you will see more Vids of what happened if protesters that took them are against what the shots they took show nope they will be deleted.

And to be clear the guy that mowed down the crowd may deserve punishment but thats what the criminal system is for

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Nobody got hut on the sidwalk . AMEICA IS THE LAND OF THE FREE )
    Wwwfreekpubic.com has a different angle with bunch of odd happenings .

YItyJIB.jpg

Is your name Chaz, by any chance?

yxAWrQa.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom