Gun Zone Deals

Houston Gun Collectors Association Show at Relaint this weekend.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Turns out that was made by Mossberg, for sale by one of the large box stores.
    Yep, best part definitely was the company!

The ID on it was in the same place as my Mossy. I think that if you buy a thousand or so of them Mossy will put any name you want on them...IMO
    Capitol Armory ad

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I just happened to be reading a gun magazine yesterday & it actually mentioned the Westernfield shotgun is the only reason why I know, lol.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    I ended up going on Saturday. Got there about 11, stayed until 4pm. I was looking for: Silver, a new belt, and ear plugs. I got two of the three. Show seemed much less crowded than the January show. I walked around with my Sig 1911 on my hip, thinking I'd get a lot of interest from the dealers and some from the crowd, but I only had a few people ask me about it. Wasn't for sale anyway, just wanted to walk around with it to break in a new holster.

Ammo was stupid expensive. I did some decently price self defense ammo, but all common caliber target ammo was very expensive. However, I think prices are softening. I would have been interested in what Sunday afternoon prices would have been on some of that ammo. I did find a table re-pricing a bunch of their ammo as I walked by, lowering the prices. I would imagine there would have been deals to make on Sunday so vendors wouldn't have to load it all up.

No bullion at the show, save some "collectable 1 oz silver bars" and a few guys who collect coins. I was hoping to run into someone who I could buy some silver off of now that the price is down. Usually there are one or two people selling silver and gold, but I guess I'll have to try at the next show.

I did get some custom made ear plugs. I didn't spring for the super fancy, made-in-a-lab type. I figure I'll try the cheaper mold-at-the-show type and when I wear those out, I can buy the better variety. I really like these. They are super comfortable and provide decent reduction. I plan to wear them with my shooting muffs.

I found a nice belt from Tucker and Byrd holster makers. It is a really nice, double thick belt. He set me up with a belt and a new pancake holster at a pretty good price. I might buy a belt in brown off of him the next time I see him at a show.

I almost bought a remington tube fed bolt action .22. It was old, can't remember the model, and obviously used but in otherwise great condition. I could have left with it for $125, and I should have. I kicked myself on Sunday and considered going back for it, but making a second trip would have turned it into a $150 gun after gas, parking, and admission, and would have made it that much more difficult to explain to the wife. Besides, I have a marlin 881 tube fed bolt action. Not sure that I need another, but it was a pretty good price. Ugh, oh well.

I remember looking at a few guns at the last show in January. There was a 1934 beretta a guy was selling. I saw the same guy at the same table, and he had the same gun out at the same price. I think he was $200 over where it should have been, but in his business, patience is key.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I was also looking for gold and silver but none was to be had. I asked my gold guy if he had any and was told that he was sold out. I asked "sold out or not selling?" My guess was not selling. The guy was not going to take a $300 hit for what he had. I can't really blame him.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I went yesterday afternoon around 2:00 and the line just to get into the parking lot was a half-mile long due to the other crap going on there. I sat in that line for about 10 minutes, and after moving only a few car lengths, gave up and went home. LOL.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Ammo was stupid expensive. I did some decently price self defense ammo, but all common caliber target ammo was very expensive. However, I think prices are softening. I would have been interested in what Sunday afternoon prices would have been on some of that ammo. I did find a table re-pricing a bunch of their ammo as I walked by, lowering the prices. I would imagine there would have been deals to make on Sunday so vendors wouldn't have to load it all up.
    I usually go to shows on Sunday afternoon hoping to get better ammo deals, the vendors are stuuuuuuubborn! :(

Top Bottom