• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    I haven't been shooting since April 2nd, when my right hand got injured. I am hoping to go to the range tomorrow and shoot (to see if my hand can take the recoil or if it needs more time to heal) I'm still feeling some pain. :( But, I need to practice if I'm gonna hit a wild hog during my hunting trip in Texas with Hubby next month.
    Got out to the range today with Hubby and shot a hog target that Ready.Fire.Aim sent me
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...41896311.88253.100000073634800&type=1&theater
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I just shot a match a couple weeks back in DFW when I happened to be in town, and I took a coworker shooting when we were in Detroit last week.

Other than that not nearly as much lately. Its more due to my time constraints and being stuck in Commie states than ammo shortages though.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Where arre you finding .40 S&W at? I have not seen it much of any where

Academy of all places. It seems that in my area (Plano) calibers such as 45ACP/9mm/308/556 get wiped out fast. 45ACP for whatever reason continues to get cleaned out of retail stores (most times in minutes) and takes more time to get restocked. During the 08 Kenyan scare 45ACP took a year and a half to start showing up on shelves on a regular basis. I believe EVERYONE has a 45 in DFW lol. 40 has/was in good supply when the retail stores started putting limits out. They didn't even have 40 on their limit list and it was always just sitting on the shelf. It's been a few weeks since I have checked so their stocks may have changed.

My plan is to buy a G23 with a decent supply of mags / OWB holster / 5k ammo and set it up exactly like my G30/G21. Sort of ruins my plans for a AR-10 Carbine but guns aren't worth much sans ammo.

Walmart is always out of ammo and Cabelas / BassPro are a 40/50 mile round trip I don't take often.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Academy of all places. It seems that in my area (Plano) calibers such as 45ACP/9mm/308/556 get wiped out fast. 45ACP for whatever reason continues to get cleaned out of retail stores (most times in minutes) and takes more time to get restocked. During the 08 Kenyan scare 45ACP took a year and a half to start showing up on shelves on a regular basis. I believe EVERYONE has a 45 in DFW lol. 40 has/was in good supply when the retail stores started putting limits out. They didn't even have 40 on their limit list and it was always just sitting on the shelf. It's been a few weeks since I have checked so their stocks may have changed.

My plan is to buy a G23 with a decent supply of mags / OWB holster / 5k ammo and set it up exactly like my G30/G21. Sort of ruins my plans for a AR-10 Carbine but guns aren't worth much sans ammo.

Walmart is always out of ammo and Cabelas / BassPro are a 40/50 mile round trip I don't take often.

10-4 on that, I just keep hoping that these days get better, .40 S&W over here is thin, thin, thin

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    10-4 on that, I just keep hoping that these days get better, .40 S&W over here is thin, thin, thin

On another forum there was a similar thread about the panic. One guy had said that in his area (I can't remember the state) there was plenty of 45 WWB to be had. I tried to negotiate a deal with him where we would trade 40 for 45 in the same amounts. He wouldn't deal.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    On another forum there was a similar thread about the panic. One guy had said that in his area (I can't remember the state) there was plenty of 45 WWB to be had. I tried to negotiate a deal with him where we would trade 40 for 45 in the same amounts. He wouldn't deal.

Some folks cant stand prosperity....

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I want to shoot so bad Im thinking of buying a GBB Airsoft gun so i can shoot in the back yard on the cheap.

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    I had stopped. Back to shooting .40's. I found a local dealer with a constant inventory. It's running $ 20 a box of 50. I am trying to "hoard" 3K each of 9mm, .40s&w, .45 acp, .223 / 5.56, & 10K of .22lr. I reached my .40 goal, so I shoot any excess I find in stock. Don't get me wrong, it's not very often, but at least I get to burn a few rounds.

iamsamcrawdad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Aransas Pass
    Since I retired from the military I started my gun collection in June of 2012. no more 6 month deployments and away time from the family gives me more time to focus on my new found love for buying and shooting guns. I am lucky that the range I go to is less than a mile from my house and shoot more than I ever did in the military (gun quals and re-cert mainly) but I have tried to keep a decent stash and still go and shoot. granted I have no stock pile of ammo compared to most but still make a point to go and shoot because I love it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom