Military Camp

How to you carry your permit while jogging or cycling?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

BayouShooter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2017
    Here and there
    I was wondering about those shirts and shorts meant for conceal carry. I'd like some input from others. Sweat coming through is the issue right now with regular shorts and t shirt.
    You will absolutely have to wipe the gun down after each use. Even with a solid sweat shield in place, sweat evaporating from you and the shirt will still get in / on the gun. Compromises are always going to be needed, but for on-person carry in an active situation (biking, running, canoeing, etc), the gun will get dirty in almost every case.

Though they certainly aren't the best out there, I keep a few single-use Remwipes in my vehicle and biking bags. I can wipe down all of the important parts of the gun with those. They also clean knives fine too.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    I have one of the bags that velcro on the frame bars. It holds my wallet and phone. You can get one large enough to hold a pistol if wanted. You could try a fanny pack but I know that's uncool.

VMAX, what chest rig do you use?
    Ditto here.

I have a small bag on the frame for allen wrench, tube, patch, it could also hold my flip phone or a small gun if ALL that other stuff were out.

I've got another small bag that clips on the front of the handle bars that would hold a couple flip phones. That is where I usually put my phone and a couple bucks or just a credit card. I don't need a gun or wallet or license to carry or swords and lasers or cannons, canteens or sippy cups when I'm out on my bicycle. I ride 8 miles to town, drink a bottle of water, ride home. It takes about an hour.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I remember an incident one time out riding, and came upon a bike wreck. Stopped to help, and he asked us to look for his Kimber that went flying during the wreck.

AustinBR

BayouShooter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2017
    Here and there
    I remember an incident one time out riding, and came upon a bike wreck. Stopped to help, and he asked us to look for his Kimber that went flying during the wreck.

That sucks, I hope he found it! That is one of the big reasons I am a big fan of on body carry basically all of the time. If it is well secured to you, a car, boat, motorcycle, or bike wreck shouldn't let the gun fly away.

I was biking the Ridgeland Trails in MS two years ago and I managed to take the "rollercoaster" hills at around 23 MPH which was too fast for the last hill. Long story short, a large oak tree was kind enough to stop my fall forward. I broke my helmet and everything that was attached to my bike was ripped off on the fall down a 30 ft or so hill. Gun was still in my 5.11 shirt and my backpack was fine, though slightly ripped and scuffed.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom