Capitol Armory ad

Howdy from Southern California (soon to be in Austin in a month)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Once the money is exchanged (or gold coins, crypto etc), why do you need a bill of sale?
    1644419375632.gif

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Welcome, Texas needs all the help it can get to fight the home-grown Betos and the incoming Beto-wannabes.

CGers are generally the kind of imports that do well in Texas. When you've been kicked by the leftist scum in CA for so many years, the appreciation of Texas is burned in permanently, and you develop a radar for detecting the spread of the leftist disease, and eradicating it ASAP. Keep that fire burning, vote accordingly, and you'll be fine.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    Welcome, Texas needs all the help it can get to fight the home-grown Betos and the incoming Beto-wannabes.

CGers are generally the kind of imports that do well in Texas. When you've been kicked by the leftist scum in CA for so many years, the appreciation of Texas is burned in permanently, and you develop a radar for detecting the spread of the leftist disease, and eradicating it ASAP. Keep that fire burning, vote accordingly, and you'll be fine.
    I never understood how Beto got so popular in Texas, blows my mind really.

He seems even more radical left than some Democrats in California.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I never understood how Beto got so popular in Texas, blows my mind really.

He seems even more radical left than some Democrats in California.

He wasn’t that popular. The media loved him, but He used out of state money to outspend, nearly 2-to-1 ,Cruz in the 2018 Senate race and lost while Cruz essentially did nothing until the last six weeks and won by 2.6 percentage points. Beto drove D turnout but Cruz didn’t drive a corresponding R turnout. And that’s with only 46% of eligible voters participating in the 2018 midterm; while a record high for Texas, it ain’t the norm.

Given his aborted run in 2020 that didn’t even result in the D party considering him as a nominee for any political appointment, he appears to be a pariah in his own party, and any swing voters that went to vote for him in 2018 are seeing in real-time what might’ve been and thanking their lucky stars.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Welcome to Texas and don't let people here speak down to you. Visit Amy's Ice cream in Austin, realize that you are moving to a mini version of San Francisco and it sounds like you have the right mental attitude to easily become a Texan. Enjoy Texas and it's freedoms. Don't look back. The "Golden" State has not existed for many years. Not since Reagan was governor.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Welcome to Texas and don't let people here speak down to you. Visit Amy's Ice cream in Austin, realize that you are moving to a mini version of San Francisco and it sounds like you have the right mental attitude to easily become a Texan. Enjoy Texas and it's freedoms. Don't look back. The "Golden" State has not existed for many years. Not since Reagan was governor.
    Remember though, Amy’s Ice Cream would rather see you dead and your family raped in front of you before you are killed than to see you able effectively defend yourself. Your welcome. ;)

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    Remember though, Amy’s Ice Cream would rather see you dead and your family raped in front of you before you are killed than to see you able effectively defend yourself. Your welcome. ;)

I'm guessing they don't allow you to carry within their store?

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    He wasn’t that popular. The media loved him, but He used out of state money to outspend, nearly 2-to-1 ,Cruz in the 2018 Senate race and lost while Cruz essentially did nothing until the last six weeks and won by 2.6 percentage points. Beto drove D turnout but Cruz didn’t drive a corresponding R turnout. And that’s with only 46% of eligible voters participating in the 2018 midterm; while a record high for Texas, it ain’t the norm.

Given his aborted run in 2020 that didn’t even result in the D party considering him as a nominee for any political appointment, he appears to be a pariah in his own party, and any swing voters that went to vote for him in 2018 are seeing in real-time what might’ve been and thanking their lucky stars.

Also don't discount voter electronic fraud in 2018. It was being reported by multiple sources of voting machines changing Cruz votes to O'Rourke when choosing the Republican ticket box (an option they no longer offer). Also multiple arrests in Travis County of election poll workers letting illegals vote. If one looks at the total Dem and Rep votes for Governor, Lt Governor and A.G in 2018, the margin of victory for red candidates were far greater than for the U.S. Senate one.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I gotta do more research, but seems like there is a "sign" system in Texas, and depending on the sign you can carry a gun into a store, or not. Also depends on LTC or "constitutional carry", etc. A little confusing.

My 2 cents: Get your LTC. It gives you a legal out in at least one of the cases where a normal person is understandably screwed by the silly signage system. Without the LTC, it's a felony. Also, the LTC makes buying from an FFL a pleasure.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I gotta do more research, but seems like there is a "sign" system in Texas, and depending on the sign you can carry a gun into a store, or not. Also depends on LTC or "constitutional carry", etc. A little confusing.
    Welcome from another Austinite. It can be a little confusing. Imo get your LTC. And some "signs" are just BS.

20220209_154131.jpg

Top Bottom