Howdy from Southern California (soon to be in Austin in a month)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So what happens when you guys see a sign on the door of a business you need something from, do you guys put the gun back in the car? Or find another business altogether? Seems like a hassle.

I wonder if there is an app for “no carry stores” so you can avoid them.
    Texas 30.06 app.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So what happens when you guys see a sign on the door of a business you need something from, do you guys put the gun back in the car? Or find another business altogether? Seems like a hassle.

I wonder if there is an app for “no carry stores” so you can avoid them.

Fûck no I don’t leave a gun alone in a vehicle. Ain’t no business has something I can’t get somewhere else.

Having said that, unless you give a business a reason to call the cops on you, what they don’t know doesn’t hurt them. Under trespass law, they can use all the force in the world to throw you out, but they can’t keep you from leaving.

Google texas3006.com, website and app, but it’s user populated so it’s not exactly the best. No carry in places that derive 51% of revenue from alcohol sales…that’s verifiable thru the TABC website and app.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Fûck no I don’t leave a gun alone in a vehicle. Ain’t no business has something I can’t get somewhere else.

Having said that, unless you give a business a reason to call the cops on you, what they don’t know doesn’t hurt them. Under trespass law, they can use all the force in the world to throw you out, but they can’t keep you from leaving.

Google texas3006.com, website and app, but it’s user populated so it’s not exactly the best. No carry in places that derive 51% of revenue from alcohol sales…that’s verifiable thru the TABC website and app.
    TABC app is gone! Was good too.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    meh what sign I did not see a sign and chances are that posted sign does not meet the regulations anyways.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Howdy and welcome to Texas soon. Though you will be living in "New Calilfornia", not Texas. Expect suppression of liberties (the city king rules with iron fist), nothing new if you're coming from Commiefornia.

As far as gun laws and signage, you can read Texas penal code: Chapter 46. Lots of good information.
    But a quick summary: if you do not have a License To Carry, the 30.05 sign prohibits you entry to private property. Disobeying is a felony.
    If you do have an LTC, you follow 30.06 and 30.07 signs. Disobeying is only a $200 fine (misdemeanor).
    Lots of people with LTC choose to carry (concealed) into libtard establishments that prohibit weapons. Their reasoning is: better pay a $200 fine than be killed.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    But a quick summary: if you do not have a License To Carry, the 30.05 sign prohibits you entry to private property. Disobeying is a felony.
    Please point to Texas law which shows this to be a felony. I couldn't find that law but maybe it is there.

Top Bottom