• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    David R Duringer seems like a decent gun guy from his online footprint. Lawyer jokes and this thread not withstanding.

Is it true, @guntrust ,that you were Kamalas classmate?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The admins can have whatever policy they want on "advertising", I just wish I knew of the policy before posting and I really don't like having posts edited as it can change meaning.
    This is a semi-valid point.

First, the posting rules for everyone and another set for anyone who might be trying to make a buck (which is perfectly all right, mind you) are available here and here and here, though that last one isn't exactly on point in this case.

It is a reasonable expectation that new posters will seek them out and scan them. That expectation is usually not met and the usual way of things is that new posters commit some minor faux pas, we all laugh about it, and life goes on. :)

Second, about the edit. That is extremely rare on this forum. We don't mess with people's words. If a post is problematic, we tend to delete it entirely and let the author know why.

This case was nearly unique. The post was a thread starter, making it impossible to remove without killing the thread. It also contained a distinct rule violation regarding commercial publishing but only, iirc, a single sentence. I think the mod who made the edit made the right call. How welcome would you have felt if the response to your introduction thread was simply to nuke the entire thread?

Here's the deal. Talk to Kevin about any commercial aspirations you may have. (I'd sorta guess you already have.). He has the final say in setting up commercial accounts and even setting up semi-commercial accounts where regular members can earn a few bucks from an occasional side gig without paying for a full scale commercial account.

If you have PM access, write texcross and express any concerns. Otherwise, you can reach him via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of each page.

This is a lot of words but unusual situations require discussion. Edits like this are very unusual; I can only remember two in the entire time I've been a mod.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If so, I believe he knows to talk to Kevin.

This one is a mild irritation to me. Those folks were not all the same. In fact, I can't think of anyone who has signed up, started crap, and gotten banned more than three times. Trolls eventually go away. Or they learn their lesson; I can think of more than one person who was banned, came back under another name, and has been a good member of TGT ever since.

I do kinda wish the hazing of the new guys would get toned down a bit.

OP - You'll find that an immoderate introduction thread is a good way to catch lots of flak from the denizens of these parts. Welcome and I hope you stick around long enough to figure out that there are lots of good people on this site.
    Ducati has been back at least 3 times.

A big chunk of the hate toward new members that brag about being from cockstainfornia is completely warranted.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I had made several trips through California working for the Navy and living in Washington. The Bay area, until the mid nineties, and San Diego. While I would travel I-5 to get to my destination to work, and sometimes I flew, I loved travelling back, taking my time, along the coast. So I've been through Morro Bay many times and understand the attraction.

The problem with California is it's politics. The problem Texas has seen with California migrants is that many bring their California politics with them. Basically, they flee California because the policies imposed on them, then turn around and vote for those same policies in Texas. So it's not hard to understand that many Texans view Californians as a virus.

Anyway, Welcome from a born again Texan!

madwildcat

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Frisco, TX
    @guntrust
    In effort to pull us back to an intro thread topic, and assuming its okay to reference the Profile @candcallen posted, I ask the following:

1. Can you tell us the story behind the PLA Alert picture? That has to be good.

2. Any insights on how Kamala was in school?

3. Can you say more about the California Minutemen? I honestly hadn't read much about this movement previously (I am up in North East Texas)

For the rest, take a sec to look at his profile. He definitely got off to a rocky start here, but if a quarter of his profile is true, he should fit right in with us asylum dwellers :green:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I had made several trips through California working for the Navy and living in Washington. The Bay area, until the mid nineties, and San Diego. While I would travel I-5 to get to my destination to work, and sometimes I flew, I loved travelling back, taking my time, along the coast. So I've been through Morro Bay many times and understand the attraction.

The problem with California is it's politics. The problem Texas has seen with California migrants is that many bring their California politics with them. Basically, they flee California because the policies imposed on them, then turn around and vote for those same policies in Texas. So it's not hard to understand that many Texans view Californians as a virus.

Anyway, Welcome from a born again Texan!
    ^ This
    Texas should be it's own damn country ... simple as that! :evil:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    More grist for the Mill: "Texas should be what people think it is"

...another gem "A BETTER WAY TO DO THIS is republishing and then giving the poster a chance to revise."...no, that doesn't sound arrogant...much.

Yes, yes he 'knows what's better'...

Of course he just keeps producing other/similar gems...

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    To the OP, you’ve got two tender subjects going against you.

1) California
    2) You pointed out that wife is from Ukraine

The fact that these are a talking points that you volunteered raises more than a few eye brows. Ukraine is a hotly debated topic on this forum, and anything California is mostly unpopular here.

I‘ll reserve my judging based on further contributions to this forum, but I’m just letting you know how the first impression sits…. With me anyway. Welcome aboard.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Another Californian. Yay. Welcome.

bryan-cranston-death-stare.gif

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support